IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page kimbo..kimbo...kimbo..............
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

kimbo..kimbo...kimbo..............
(#1)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default kimbo..kimbo...kimbo.............. - 10-05-2008, 01:35 PM

first and foremost i would like to state i am not a kimbo slice fan.

now about his utterly embarrassing loss last night.....
From my point of view kimbo rushed in, Petruzelli was clearly scared and with the good lord on his side a VERY light-HARDLY connecting jab mixed with kimbo stumbling lead to barrage of punches which caused the referee to end the fight TKO. I dont belive the jab did anything to kimbo, nor do i believe the barrage of punches did anything to kimbo, what lost the fight was kimbos inexperience knowing that when getting hit to cover your face. With his hands down the ref considered kimbo mentally unable to defend himself.
So kimbo lost fair and square , just one of those moments.........

Heres the yahoo article on it(which i think is nonsense): Final curtain for Kimbo
(#2)
Old
Toddler is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Toddler Send a message via Yahoo to Toddler
Default 10-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Kimbo needs to go back to backyard brawling for lunch money. Talk about no class. Did you see the pre- and post-fight interviews? What a pile of shit that guy is.

The Curano fight was my favorite, I think it had the most excitement and enthusiasm in it. Gina is a great fighter, although I was a little concerned for her early on. Then she came through.

The lesser-knowns in that welter weight fight did real well too, I thought.
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Default 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM

i think he was just selling a show. in all the non-cbs interviews ive seen he was actually very well spoken and surprizingly respectful.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 10-05-2008, 10:27 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5ZxpbtcC8A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5ZxpbtcC8A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

heres the full fight on u tube. He got him pretty good wit that jab/swing comming in and then just waled on his face till the ref stepped in. Id say its pretty legit. No slip there. he got caught

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#5)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-05-2008, 10:53 PM

that jab was nothing in my opinion.

im not saying the win wasnt legit at all, just that kimbo was a schmuck by not defending himself and getting up quicker.
(#6)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 10-06-2008, 05:00 AM

Kimbo got two words for him... Diet, Cardio.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#7)
Old
Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold

Default 10-06-2008, 07:25 AM

Kimbo lost to a legitimate, well-rounded mixed martial artist under the age of 40... shocker.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-06-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
i think he was just selling a show. in all the non-cbs interviews ive seen he was actually very well spoken and surprizingly respectful.
I didn't see those interviews Kris, maybe you're right. I just saw how frustrated the girl interviewing him before the fight was getting, then in the ring after the fight he was ridiculous.

Either way, I wonder if this will spell the beginning of the end for him in EliteXC? I wonder if his box office draw will dwindle after this showing?
(#9)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-06-2008, 09:00 AM

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Maybe that is the change this ultimate fighting is taking now. Gotta have a bad guy to hate. Just like Wrasslin. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#11)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM

i think he'll will be done for a while. its not like this guy will go back to collage and start a career as a financial advisor. after a year or two he might be somebody just right now hes trying to beat people that have been doing this there whole life.

ive been seeing that in petruzelis interview he admits that jab didnt even connect well. i dont know, im hoping this is it for ellitexc, and hopefully takes down affliction with it
(#12)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 10-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Kimbo lost to a legitimate, well-rounded mixed martial artist under the age of 40... shocker.
I just hope the chest haircut does not catch on. LOL

Maverick, thanks for putting things into perspective.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#13)
Old

Default 10-06-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
im hoping this is it for ellitexc, and hopefully takes down affliction with it
+1

I remember being excited some years ago about the boom in the MMA world and thinking it would be great for this variant of fighting arts to get more recognized. Now, IMHO, EliteXC (and UFC to an extent as well) is kind of a mockery. I sure hate the "thug" aspect, did you see the Kobold girl when she came out, with her "bling"? Jesus...
(#14)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM

They (fight promoters) are trying to add celebrity to the fighters to sell tickets, in our society the thug thing is in vogue right now. I hope to see some class fighters step up and turn that around. I think Forrest Griffith, the 205 champ in WEC (the marine) and Uriah Faber are examples of fighters that donít need an act to make their fights interesting.
Thank goodness Ortiz with Jenna on his arm is not the face of MMA. LOL

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-06-2008, 03:51 PM

Kimbo might not be that great of a fighter but I have no problem with the guy. I'm not going to hate on the guy for trying to make some money.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#16)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM

I agree Troy, Kimbo seems like a nice guy in his interviews. I also think he was very humble congratulating the guy who beat him, I guess the reason there is even talk about the fight is that there are people (fans who have never been in a ring or cage) who think Kimbo is the uncrowned and undefeated champ of MMA and this is just not the case.
Iím fine with Kimbo and I hope he gets more fights and makes more money. I would fight him myself. I may be 170lbs. but they make more on a fight than I make in a year.
I donít know if I could take him or even bring a fight but I feel like I could stay away for more than 14 seconds.

(#17)
Old
Hill30008 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-07-2008, 10:39 AM

I havent been a Kimbo fan since he was only doin the backyard shit. None of those guys were badasses. Most of them were just heavy guys, no fighting experience though. Since he's been tryin mma, all his fights have been pretty much fixed. Tank is, and has been washed up. Besides, hes lost all the time back in the "REAL UFC" days, when he was younger. I dont think Shamrock would have posed too much of a threat either. Dont get me wrong, I like Ken. he's just pretty much washed up too. Look at how quick Tito beat him the last time.
Maybe instead of Kimbo he should be called Kimbobama. Cause he's being groomed for a position without justified time and experience
(#18)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill30008 View Post
Cause he's being groomed for a position without justified time and experience
Hes not receiving any special treatment fight-arragementwise. Just like the rest of the world, when you just start out you have to start from the bottom and work your way up progressing to tougher fighters. No one just signs up for MMA and gets a title shot right off the bat (no one except Brock Lesnar =x )

But you could argue that he is way over advertised, but the fact of the matter is people want to see kimbo, so kimbo sells. And if you got it, sell it.
(#19)
Old
Hill30008 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-07-2008, 08:37 PM

But you could argue that he is way over advertised, but the fact of the matter is people want to see kimbo, so kimbo sells. And if you got it, sell it.[/QUOTE]

you are right about that. People do gravitate torwards him
(#20)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 10-08-2008, 12:19 PM

kimbo is a bad man in the mean back yards of Miami. He would put up a big pay day bet to bums and bouncers at clubs ppl that THOGHT they were tough. Infact i think his last fight " in the underground" was against the former Heavyweight UFC fighter that whooped him in sum gym. The Vid cuts off just as there counting 10. Now he is the big name in Elite XC and he get caught in the ring. Whats next.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost