IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Open Chat
Reload this Page Any trainers here have advice on getting started?
Open Chat Discuss anything here.

Any trainers here have advice on getting started?
(#1)
Old
tylerpc73 is on a distinguished road

Default Any trainers here have advice on getting started? - 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

Hey guys, I have been lifting for years now and I am finally ready to take the plunge into a career as a personal trainer. I have been reading on this forum for years but have never really participated until now. I know a lot of members here are personal trainers so I thought this would be a great place to ask. Through the research I have done I have only come up with the more questions about how to get started. How did you guys get started? Did you shadow a personal trainer? The more I research on the available certifications, the more confused I get. My personal training for myself is very bodybuilding centric. Is there a certification that matches well with the knowledge that I already know? Are there any tips that you have for beginners but you wish that you knew when you get started? I am a complete beginner to this. Any help would be great, I love this forum and have learned so much from this community already!
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-31-2016, 11:42 AM

I am not a certified trainer but I will see if I can get some of our veteran members to chime in. Welcome to IPYU!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
tylerpc73 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-01-2016, 04:59 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes if you could ask some other members that are certified that would be really helpful to me.
So I have been racking my brain over the last 48 hours or so doing lots of research trying to figure out which personal training certification would be right for me with my bodybuilding background. Does anybody have any input on this matter? I am still pretty confused about which one to go for. This site talks about the top 10 certifications. http://www.ptpioneer.com/best-person...ication-guide/ But even with 10 certifications it is really hard to narrow down to just one. It seems that the NSCA has a strong emphasis on strength and power training So this might be a good option. On the other hand ACE is also very well known within the industry I have heard. Do any of you have any experience with any of these certifications? Would you guys recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.