IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page c0yled's road to victory
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#21)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Believe me I get bored with logs too. I've tried starting different ones about a 100 times and it gets repetitive . But I honestly do think for beginners Logs are very important. Hell it's important for even the most advanced lifters. I read the other day that Arnold still keeps a detailed log of his workouts. (maybe I should go back) but for beginners it is essential because how are they going to know where they are at if they don't know where they have been.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#22)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM

Yoga last night, legs and back this morning.

Ripper workout today, had one of the best leg workouts to date. Felt great and did some hiking afterwards, talk about jello legs!
(#23)
Old

Default 08-31-2013, 08:08 AM

Cardio today, and man was I sweating!!!

Just an FYI to all, I do keep a log of my numbers. I just have been checking in from my phone for a few weeks so I don't put them up. Gotta say though that I have noticed an increase in stamina, although the beginning of this week was hard. Think I worked through the wall I hit. Got some stiffness in the shoulders but other than that I feel golden. Even the ankle/knee is feeling alot better. Thanks for all the support helping me push through. And I'm excited to have a pro give me some wisdom words. You guys have been awesome!
(#24)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-31-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
And I'm excited to have a pro give me some wisdom words.
It doesn't apply to anyone here; but I've met some pros in the past that are complete F'ing idiots. Some are only in the position their in because they have good genetics and take unholy amounts of drugs. They possess zero wisdom.

Listen to what they have to say, but always take it with a grain of salt until you have;

A) Researched it yourself thoroughly.
B) That what you have heard makes sense to you and that after research, you would like to try it.
C) Realised that muscle does not equal evidence in support of their claims.
D) Also realised that pros are endorsed by supplement companies and are paid to sell you products.
E) Remember that most pros are stuck in the Weider era of 'eat every three hours or die'

Also remember that though meaning well, some people say some bloody stupid things, that many guys in your position take for gospel. Always be sceptical until you have seen evidence and have seen success with it.

Fortunately, we have Mek on board the forums, who is one of the most open minded and caring guys I've come across in the sport. It's not something he does to create an image either, it's just how he is. We've had some awesome chats in the past, where I've brought up a PubMed subject and he's been completely open to it. His wife is a gem too; (Where is she by the way?)

Anyway, you may have noticed I come down on you hard sometimes, trust me, it's because I would hate to see you make the same old stupid mistakes I made. I squandered a lot of time and money early on in my training days, with ridiculous things I didn't have to do. Do not copy me!! Hahaha!!
(#25)
Old

Default 08-31-2013, 07:48 PM

I don't think your coming down hard, I appreciate it alot actually. Sometimes it's better to get it straight then to be sidestepped if you know what I mean. And Mek def. Seems cool, his advice genuine. That type of thing I appreciate, and I also appreciate the care that you take in not wanting me to squander. That's good stuff, thanks man.
(#26)
Old

Default 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM

Chest, shoulders, and triceps this morning. Ouch, shoulders were a bit tender in the joints but good workout.
(#27)
Old

Default 09-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Plyometrics this morning, struggled a little bit but got through. Air quality sucks around here lately, finding it hard to breath. All in all, got the burn outta it
(#28)
Old

Default 09-05-2013, 07:17 AM

Back and biceps yesterday, awesome as always! Feeling under the weather today so not sure when I'm gonna get my yoga in but we shall see
(#29)
Old

Default 09-06-2013, 07:54 AM

Wasn't feeling well yesterday, whole house of sick people, so no yoga for this guy. This morning was legs and back, and I felt great! Well I have honestly had better workouts but i was pushing myself harder, and those are the ones that count. 7 more workout days until I'm on to phase 3 of my 90 day plan, thinking about raising the stakes a little bit
(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-06-2013, 11:13 AM

Honestly Health and fitness is not Rocket science. what it really boils down to is dedication and repetition.

Having a basic understanding of how the body works is in my opinion is essential for all of us to know. Being able to tweak your needs will become a personal thing.

With all the people I have trained and those that stood on stage where always in the top 5 and most of them where beginners, and not a single one of them followed a cookie cutter type program. They all had to adjust their personal needs.

Your doing great just keep it up and you will notice those changes in no time.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#31)
Old

Default 09-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Thanks Mac, excellent words of wisdom as always.

Cardio today, still feeling under the weather a little bit so I kind of struggled.
(#32)
Old

Default 09-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Week 4 of phase 2 which is technically a recovery week

Did yoga this morning, was really tired so threw a scoop of jack3d micro in the shaker and got it in! Struggled with a few poses but was good, felt good to stretch.

Rest of week schedual is
Core synergistics
Cardio
Stretch day
Core synergistics
Yoga
(#33)
Old

Default 09-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Week 4 of phase 2 which is technically a recovery week

Did yoga this morning, was really tired so threw a scoop of jack3d micro in the shaker and got it in! Struggled with a few poses but was good, felt good to stretch.

Rest of week schedual is
Core synergistics
Cardio
Stretch day
Core synergistics
Yoga
(#34)
Old

Default 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Core synergistics today, solid hour of core focus if I do say so myself. I don't think the p90x videos as on YouTube anymore but you guys should check that one out if you can, it's one of my favorites.

On a second note, I've decided to step it up a notch next week. When phase 3 starts in my program I'm going to throw in 3 more workouts. Every day I resistance train in the am, I will be doing a cardio workout that evening to try and shed a little bit more of the grissel. My diet is good enough for me if I was lifting heavier, but because I'm not and doing more bodyweight exercises
I'm going to add the cardio instead of trying to change the diet again.I think that's a good idea, does anyone have any input on that?
(#35)
Old

Default 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM

Core synergistics today, solid hour of core focus if I do say so myself. I don't think the p90x videos as on YouTube anymore but you guys should check that one out if you can, it's one of my favorites.

On a second note, I've decided to step it up a notch next week. When phase 3 starts in my program I'm going to throw in 3 more workouts. Every day I resistance train in the am, I will be doing a cardio workout that evening to try and shed a little bit more of the grissel. My diet is good enough for me if I was lifting heavier, but because I'm not and doing more bodyweight exercises
I'm going to add the cardio instead of trying to change the diet again.I think that's a good idea, does anyone have any input on that?
(#36)
Old

Default 09-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Simple day of stretches today, did alot of sleeping too.
(#37)
Old

Default 09-13-2013, 08:10 AM

Core synergistics today, whew! My abs are on fire.Excited to be on final phase of my 90 day plan in a few days. Hoping it's results city.
(#38)
Old

Default 09-16-2013, 07:33 AM

Started day 1 of phase 3 in my 90 day program today. My laptop is down so I sent my pictures to Mac hoping he would be kind enough to post them for me again. He's a good guy

Day 60 number on the scale was 175, which is about 10 lbs. Lost since the start. I feel great minus a tight hamstring on the right side. Going to throw a cardio workout in on every day I do resistance so mon.,wed.,fri., is resistance in am cardio in pm.

Chest and back this morning, I love this workout! It's just push and pull, and pullups are and have been my weak spot so I enjoy improving on them. Will touch back about my cardio later today.
(#39)
Old

Default 09-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Didn't end up being able to make my cardio workout tonight due to a hectic family schedule filled with dance class and getting stuck at the grandparents house later than expected. Kind of sad about it because I was looking forward to it. Day 60 pics should be posted tomorrow, thanks to Mac. According to him you can see some changes from my last set of pics. Looking forward to some feedback from you guys.

You know, I never get any feedback from RickB. Maybe I'm doing that good he doesn't feel the need to say anything to me? Can I get some love Rick?

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#40)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-17-2013, 04:14 AM

I think Rick has been snowed under. I haven't seen too much of him in recent weeks, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Cardio? If you have time for that, you're not hitting the barbell hard enough

Tags
log