IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Post Your Pictures
Reload this Page Hi, new in many many ways (updated pics Post 14)
Post Your Pictures Lets see what dedication and years of training have created!!

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Can we also see what your chest workout looks like?
I alternate weekly starting with incline and flat db press, followed by db flies at the same angle.

The incline flies I start at the bottom arms parallel to my shoulder line and bring the weights up and out turning my palms up and together so that my hands are over my waist level with my chin. When I can't rep a whole set I finsigh the set with regular flies, and if my arms give out doing that I'll press the last few reps.

After that straightbar declines. I alternate the ending weekly doing either hammer strength machines or cable crossovers.

Every month I do the whole routine backwards. One thing I think that is definitely holding me back is lately with work and class by the time I'm at the gym I'm lifting alone and thus not doing as much weight as I could. For example db presses on flat bench I have done 100lbs for full sets, could probably do more, but without a lift or spot I'm limited to using 90's. Not that doing that at 6' and 160lbs is bad but I wish I could go real heavy at least every other week.
(#22)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah, it can be hard to get into position with heavy DB's, but on days you can't get a spot, make your heaviest set with the bar. On the "lighter" db sets stick with higher reps and it should still take care of the stabilizer muscles. Just keep at it and it will come. You've done awesome so far!
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 08-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Great job man! Keep up the good work.

Do work!
(#24)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Solid work bro!

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#25)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-26-2011, 09:29 AM

After a 7 month break full if eating like crap, fishing everyday, and downing enough budweiser to earn a starring role in their next commercial, here's my 23rd week back at it, a week before I'm going to run an Hdrol cycle. Sry for the crappy phone quality pix. Here's me 2 days ago at 173lbs, only been taking gainer shakes and using jack3d as a preworkout. Heaviest I've ever been able to maintain, been sitting at this weight for a few months now. (just been shaping the lump i was haha)

Last edited by ouija; 03-26-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: bad link
(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 03-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Good luck man!

Do work!
(#27)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM

7 months and still in excellent condition man. Hdrol should be fun, I always enjoyed it
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 03-27-2011, 04:13 AM

Welcome to IPYU! Its a terrible place leave now!!!! Just kidding :-D Looks like you are doing great man. As for the chest heres my routine for the past few weeks:

*Decline Dumbell Press*: 3 sets 10 reps
*Cable Cross over*: 3 sets 10 reps, when I the handles meet in the center, I literary cross them, and hold for 2-3 sec count. I read somewhere that it maximizes development, either way I feel it good when I'm done.

*Incline Press*: 3 sets 10 reps. I set it up to where the bar almost touches my chin on the way down, to maximize upper Peck muscle stimulation.

*Flat Dumbell Bunch Press* OR *Wide Grip Bench Press*: same 3 sets 10 reps, switch excises depending on what I feel like.
*Seated machine Press* or *Peck Deck Machine*, again which ever I feel like doing at the end, 3 sets 10 reps.

As you probably know What I'm trying to accomplish is targeting each area of the chest and giving it HELL!! Let me know what ya think, try it out :-D

Keep up the good work!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#29)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM

Hell yeah! You still look great bro! Especially the shoulders! That hdrol should treat you right! Keep us posted.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#30)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-29-2011, 04:21 AM

welcome welcome!!! sorry so late! I'm not much on the diet scene so these other guys can help you out more there but awesome progress so far!!

(#31)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Thanks guys.

As far as diet goes I'm avoiding crap food as much as possible...although considering I'm pretty lean and light (at least for being 6' tall) I don't shy away from things like pizza...and like the wendy's commerical says I can eat great even late. I plan on adding a 2nd gainer shake to my day, seeing as I don't start my cycle till Sunday and I'm already hungry all the time despite eating every 3 hours starting at 6am..

JB that sounds like a pretty solid chest workout. I usually start flat bench, then flies, inclines, then either cable work or machines for declines. All heavy 6-10 reps, 4 sets for db or bb workouts and 3 for the others. Strength has come easily (4th set of flat db presses I use 115's) but size is where I come up short. Hopefully upping the calories by another 1k a day helps out.

I'll def post how my cycle goes. Planning on running 50/50/75/75 mg's. I have a bottle of natadrol sitting around I might use that also just for kicks. Right now I'm trying to plan out how I can keep all the weight on. Last cycle I went 162-176lbs and lost it due to poor diet, I'm hoping keeping at the food will give me better results this time.

Also two questions..right now I'm getting 4-6 hours of sleep, usually waking up once or twice during that. Do you guys think getting 8 hours in will make a difference in whether or not I put on more mass? Also for anyone who might know somebody who's done this..I've done some reading and talking to a few people I have gotten mixed answers about smoking pot and lifting. And I'm not talking about going to the gym baked, I mean if someone were to smoke a little of the devils lettuce say around bedtime has anyone found that to be detrimental to their developement? (or a friends)

Thanks for the input.
(#32)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Most ppl are going to need more sleep than 4 - 6 hours to grow. The longer rest your get the more time your muscles have to repair. Muscle repair = growth.

And as far as the devils lettuce I can't throw in any comments as it's been years since I've smoked pot.

From a healthcare point of view I will say that the smoke will damage your alveoli in your lungs which will reduce the amount of O2/CO2 exchange. Less O2 being exchanged means less O2 in your blood stream. Less O2 in your blood stream means smaller amounts of hemoglobin in your red blood cells. Less Hemoglobin in your red blood cells means less deliverable O2 to your tissues (muscles). Less O2 in your tissues means less fast-twitch and slow-twitch action, slower repair time, less water retention in the muscles themselves (smaller muscles).

Im not sure about pot, but I know cigarette smoke constricts the blood vessels which will also reduce the amount of usable O2 in the tissues.

(#33)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-06-2011, 07:46 AM

Not sure about the weed but I think sleep would help. Do you still work in the lumber yard? If you are burning lots of calories throughout the day that is a major factor.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#34)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-06-2011, 09:56 AM

The drug in marijuana THC has a curing effect (so the docs say) but it does nothing towards any physical development in fact it slower takes away from your mentl focus hence the term killing brain cells in fact that is what it is doing... Study up on THC and go from there. I could talk/teach you about this for hours..kinda what I do..In short if you have cancer or chronic pain smoke all you want if your looking to be smart and strong not so much..

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#35)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-07-2011, 01:21 PM

I do believe increased sleep will help you more. From what I understand the pituitary gland that secretes our own natural growth hormone does a majority of it's work while we sleep. Just reminding myself of that makes me want to take a nap.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#36)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Nice work, good progress! You look like Gegard Mousasi.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#37)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Well I'm 8 days into not smoking...first few nights I slept like complete crap and had wayyy wayyyy to many dreams. However the last few nights have been amazing, getting 7-9 hours of sleep now on the reg. Def feeling sharper, more motivated so hopefully this should help.

I'm on day 5 of hdrol, so far so good. I feel a little different than I did on my last cycle but it's been 2 years and it's only day 5 so we'll see how that goes.

And Kickboy yes I still work at the lumberyard, burning calories and suffering through full days work with sore muscles and still hitting the iron heavy...leg days early in the week are not so much a good idea lol. That and I did squats for the first time ever...I learned that no matter how much I can legpress it don't mean diddly...but as much as it sucked I loved it, glad I finally found somebody to teach me how to do em properly so I don't f my back up.

Monday I weighed in at 173.5, flat benched 280 BB for 3 reps. I'll post back in a few weeks with pics and numbers
(#38)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM

That's some nice benching especially for your body weight. I'd be happy with that at my current 195. I'm getting there though.

If you are doing physical labor on top of the working out, you are probably really going to benefit from a 2-3 more hrs of sleep each night. Remember we grow when we aren't using our muscles....but I'm sure you knew that.

(#39)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Your 195 now rick? jesus I've turned into a lil' bitch… 183 as of getting home from work this morning… SOB!!!! The days of 224 beefcake SI are gone for good haha.

(#40)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernIllinois View Post
Your 195 now rick? jesus I've turned into a lil' bitch… 183 as of getting home from work this morning… SOB!!!! The days of 224 beefcake SI are gone for good haha.
Yeah, but I'm going down. I hate cutting, but I like how I look better with my shirt off.