IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down
Reload this Page Trampoline
Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down Cardiovascular exercise, high intensity interval training, and exercise routines to burn excess fat. Helpful diet tips for looking your leanest.

(#1)
Old
FitnessJuggalo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FitnessJuggalo
Default 07-11-2006, 04:01 PM

i have a 14 foot trampoline do you think its good cardio to maybe get on there and try and jump my highest or something, how much calories do you think it would burn in like 20-40
(#2)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 07-11-2006, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitnessJuggalo
i have a 14 foot trampoline do you think its good cardio to maybe get on there and try and jump my highest or something, how much calories do you think it would burn in like 20-40
not enough

(#3)
Old

Default 07-11-2006, 04:15 PM

what if i do front flip after fron flip after front filp i noticed i tried to see how many i could land in a row by like the 9th one i was really feel it on my abdomin would that help you think
(#4)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Default 07-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
what if i do front flip after fron flip after front filp i noticed i tried to see how many i could land in a row by like the 9th one i was really feel it on my abdomin would that help you think
no

(#5)
Old
barnetjs is on a distinguished road

Default 07-12-2006, 04:58 AM

I will tell you what - hate to disagree here anti - but I am in very good shape and my sons trampoline kicks my butt!
(#6)
Old
Banned

Default 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetjs
I will tell you what - hate to disagree here anti - but I am in very good shape and my sons trampoline kicks my butt!
im in pretty damn good shape too...(6 pack acutally) and no matter jumping on a trampoline doing flips might make me sore too, btu that doesnt mean its burning enough calories to help you lose weight,

(#7)
Old

Default 07-12-2006, 01:04 PM

true, do you think its good cardio?
(#8)
Old
Banned

Default 07-12-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:

true, do you think its good cardio?
no, i think your best cardio is biking or running. look into guerrilla HIIT

(#9)
Old

Default 07-13-2006, 04:03 AM

But isn't it true that from time to time "different" activities that you are not used to doing will actually make you burn more calories because your body is not used to doing it. If you jump up and down for 20 min on a trampoline I can not see how you would not get as much benefit (cardio) as you would from jumping rope.
(#10)
Old
ross pro is on a distinguished road

Default 07-13-2006, 04:57 AM

i agree with anti its not the best but theres no harm doin it anyway it all helps, and im knackerd after alf an hour lol
(#11)
Old
Banned

Default 07-13-2006, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetjs
But isn't it true that from time to time "different" activities that you are not used to doing will actually make you burn more calories because your body is not used to doing it. If you jump up and down for 20 min on a trampoline I can not see how you would not get as much benefit (cardio) as you would from jumping rope.
jumping up and down on concrete takes more effort becuase there is no ground elasticity.
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-14-2006, 02:12 PM

I would not say it is optimal Cardio but it is not a bad idea to change it up it you want to. Like barnetjs stated. that is the thing about interval training. You might have to do it for a longer time, to get some real benefit from it but you would get some benefit from it nonethe less.

Just because you are jumping on a trampoline does not mean you are not working certain muscle groups quite the contrary. There are other muscle groups in play here like stabilizers for example. This would also help in balance and coordination. In my opinion a trampoline is better than jumping up and down on a regular floor in many ways. Hell of a lot better on the joints for sure.

The last thing I would say about a trampoline is it is just fun for some people. You can't take that away in the end. It is better than doing nothing at all would you not agree.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#13)
Old
Banned

Default 07-14-2006, 05:41 PM

im just trying to say that it wont be the most effective form of cardio if your trying to shed fat.

(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-16-2006, 07:22 PM

True,

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#15)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 07-17-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac

Just because you are jumping on a trampoline does not mean you are not working certain muscle groups quite the contrary. There are other muscle groups in play here like stabilizers for example. This would also help in balance and coordination. In my opinion a trampoline is better than jumping up and down on a regular floor in many ways. Hell of a lot better on the joints for sure.

Excellent response. The control required to complete each jump -- flips in particular -- is astounding. If you're making an attempt to land on your feet and balance as you finish, you will definately experience quite the burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero

im just trying to say that it wont be the most effective form of cardio if your trying to shed fat.

Anti, i mean no malice towards you, butFitnessJuggalo never mentioned a desire to shed fat (though he did mention a curiosity about how many calories it burned). He asked if jumping on a trampoline was good cardio. It very well could be. It seems much more anaerobic than aerobic -- much like sprinting -- as well as quite functional. I'm sure after a good bout on the trampoline, many of us would feel quite drained.Edited by: The Loaf

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#16)
Old

Default 07-19-2006, 08:37 AM

Yep loaf - that is what I was trying to say also. No I would not recommend a fat person that want to lose weight to get on the trampoline and jump everyday for 20 min - but asa way to change things up etc - it would be good cardio. I know from experience - my 11 year old has one!
(#17)
Old
Rooster 5'9" is on a distinguished road

Location: Live in London, work in Peterborough. London gyms: Legends & Muscleworks P'boro: Fengate Health & Fitness
Default 12-11-2013, 06:00 AM

I HAVE STARTED TO INCORPORATE TRAMPOLINING INTO MY WEEKLY ROUTINE - RUNNING / CYCLING IS BORING AS FUCK AND RUINS MY KNEES / HIPS & BACK - SWIMMING IS GREAT, BUT WEIRDY ENOUGH, I FIND TRAMPOLINING IS A BIT MORE ACCESSIBLE - YOU'D BE SURPRISED HOW MANY FACILITIES HAVE THEM COMPARED TO SWIMMING POOLS, AND YOU DON'T GET STUCK BEHIND SOME SLOW FUCKER IN THE FAST LANE!! AS A FOM OF FITNESS, IT'S BRILLIANT, I WAS SWEATING MY BOLLOX OFF AT THE END OF LAST NIGHTS 1 HOUR CLASS (GRANTED I HAD A TRAMPOLINE TO MYSELF BUT NEVERTHELSS) AND FEELS MUCH MORE LIKE A 'CARDIO' SESSION THAN ANY OF THE WEIGHT TRAINING I DO.
WITH ANY FORM OF TRAINING, YOU'VE GOTTA ENJOY IT OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE MOTIVATED TO PERSIST WITH IT - IF TRAMPOLINING IS MORE FUN FOR YOU, THEN HANG UP YOUR RUNNING SHOES AND GET BOUNCING BUD!!
(#18)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 12-14-2013, 09:22 AM

wow, first time I've seen an f bomb dropped on this forum...but anyway. trampolines are a blast, my girl has this urban rebounder program and it is some serious work with minimal impact. I personally enjoy the high impact stuff but I live off of motrin anyway so who knows what really hurts anymore. I second that if u enjoy it then go for it

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton