IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > I値l Pump You Up News
Reload this Page Official IPYU.com 2012 Mr. Olympia ReCap!
I値l Pump You Up News Keep up to date on contest coverage, bodybuilding headlines, new supplements, and other current trends in the bodybuilding and fitness arena

Official IPYU.com 2012 Mr. Olympia ReCap!
(#1)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default Official IPYU.com 2012 Mr. Olympia ReCap! - 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Well this picture says it all!
It was a very close call between Phil and Kai. How close??
1 point!

Phil had a real run for his money this year. Kai had two things really going for him this year.He finally dialed in for the big show, and lowered the size of his gut! Point blank. I would said that Kai actually came in a little smaller than usual to compete against the very symmetrical Phil Heath.
There are alot of pictures I could post right now showing different comparison shots but let me just use one to explain why I feel Phil toppled Kai.

The above picture was one shot that stuck in my head when I watched the Mr. Olympia.
Phil has just got very, very round muscle bellies! I feel like Kai just couldn't match up with Phil on that level and it alot more evident on Saturday night.

I do feel that Kai had the best legs in the show and smoked Phil in that area. Kai just has the biggest freakin quads out there.

Look at that picture..... Kai's glute/hamstring/quad combo dominates Phil's!
I also think that Phil Heath's shoulders LITERALLY BLEW Kai's away!
Again...look at the picture!
It was a classic duel though I tell you that!!
Moving on.......
A major disappointment was the placings of Branch Warren (5th) and Dennis Wolfe (6th)!
I will be honest
here of my opinion....
I am NOT a big fan of Branch Warren's physique!

I am sure the dude is cool as heck, but to me he is almost too big for his height. That is my opinion, BUT...
the fact is that his lack of symmetry can't compete with guys like this anymore.....

Shawn Rhoden made a suprise 3rd place finish. Dexter got 4th place.
Notice a slight trend here....???
I do! It looks like the IFBB has leaned and is leaning towards more aesthics this year.
A more evident token of that trend is the placing of probably the biggest man on stage (minus the calves)- Dennis Wolfe!!

THIS ACTUALLY SUPRISED ME!
Dennis is huge, was in fantastic shape, and I think he has great symmetry for his size. He should have at least gotten 4th, maybe even 3rd in my opinion!

Some other side notes are:
  • Evan Centropani had a great showing placed great for his 1st Olympia!
  • Hidetada Yamagishi didn't place as high as I thought THEY would have palced him
  • I also thought Ben Pakulski was gonna' place higher as well
  • Dexter Jackson better feel pretty friggin good right now
  • Lionel Beyeke looked great, I expect to see him do very well next year

It was a great Olympia this year! Flex Lewis own the 212 and he looked awesome as well. Again it looks like symmetry is the goal for 2013, and IT SHOULD BE! Kinda' getting tired of the big ole' guts to be honest with you! LOL!

MR. OLYMPIA PLACINGS:
1. Phil Heath
2. Kai Greene
3. Shawn Rhoden
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Branch Warren
6. Dennis Wolf
7. Toney Freeman
8. Evan Centopani
9. Johnnie Jackson
10. Lionel Beyeke
11. Ben Pakulski
12. Roelly Winklaar
13. Ronny Rockel
14. Essa Obaid
15. Hidetada Yamagishi
16. Bill Wilmore
16. Michael Kefalianos
16. Baitollah Abbaspour
16. Fred Smalls
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KAI.jpg (49.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by TimM; 10-02-2012 at 08:50 AM.
(#2)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Good showing this year. Kai made Phil human this past weekend. I've actually been seeing some talk about Phil cheating by continualy inching up closer to the judges while Kai stayed on the line.

They both were warned but Phil still kept inching on up there.

Didn't make much of a difference to me but some people are going ballistic about it. lol

Seemed like Phil felt the pressure this year and it made for a good battle up there.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM

My thoughts.

Branch is a meatball and should be in the 212 class.

Rhoden is gonna be a huuuge player next year.

Kai needs shoulder mass and he can take Phil.

Cutler should retire cuz these guys just blow him away.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Good showing this year. Kai made Phil human this past weekend. I've actually been seeing some talk about Phil cheating by continualy inching up closer to the judges while Kai stayed on the line.

They both were warned but Phil still kept inching on up there.

Didn't make much of a difference to me but some people are going ballistic about it. lol

Seemed like Phil felt the pressure this year and it made for a good battle up there.
I didn't know about that. still though...you see what you see and their pictures side by side in most shots...Phil still has him edged out. The pics Ouija posted on the back double bicep pose is the only one I really noticed Kai was really with him or maybe a bit better....but front shot was a different story imho.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I didn't know about that. still though...you see what you see and their pictures side by side in most shots...Phil still has him edged out. The pics Ouija posted on the back double bicep pose is the only one I really noticed Kai was really with him or maybe a bit better....but front shot was a different story imho.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM

after a long discussion last night, I no longer like Phil Heath at all. And, I think it's his crying episode that did it in. The whole crossing the line to get closer thing was just another nail in the coffin.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#7)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM

just watched the finals posedown again,leg and backs usually win a comp. kai had him in both but kai's traps let him down. the amount of meat on his back was impressive.

Controlled labs supps.
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 10-03-2012, 10:02 AM

Great sportsmanship on Kai's part imo! He does look great but maybe my biased shades make me see Phil as edging him out. I think all front poses, he looks better. But yes, Kai's back was better I think. Splitting hairs really and a tough call.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tin8gczZRck"]2012 Mr. Olympia Finals - Phil Heath vs. Kai Greene - 1st Call Out - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oSKVAUfXpM"]Mr Olympia 2012 Final Posedown - YouTube[/ame]

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-03-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Great sportsmanship on Kai's part imo!
Now, I'm a huge KG fan. But sportsmanship? He was the only guy who snuck out the back the day after as where all the other athletes did meet n greets with fans, interviews etc. The dude won second, have some class n stop crying, you've got responsibilities to meet whether you like it or not, part of being a paid professional.

(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
If that was bowling... oh man.. sh*t would hit the fan if you cross the line!!

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Now, I'm a huge KG fan. But sportsmanship? He was the only guy who snuck out the back the day after as where all the other athletes did meet n greets with fans, interviews etc. The dude won second, have some class n stop crying, you've got responsibilities to meet whether you like it or not, part of being a paid professional.
Dude...sometimes you are way to "everything is black and white". We can't pretend to know what has molded these men nor what exactly they go through doing this as their main profession. Only a few lucky ones get to play out their obsessive passion as a job. Crying doesn't mean you are weak imo. I meant the sportsmanship he showed on the stage.

(#12)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 10-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Kai is a guy who i believe really gave it his absolute all and his physique showed. He completely rebuilt his massive muscle physique to a tight stremline physique. I KNOW it took a lot of dedication to make such a drastic change in 365 days.

I can only imagine the reduction in food, the increase in cardio, the mental and physical struggle of not knowing if the change will payoff.

All that, to come short of your dream. Kai was seriously hurt and drained but yet he still found the energy to give a post show interview were he encourged people who were excited and jacked up from watching the show to use that same energy towards achieving your goals.

Personally, i'd rather give a guy time to collect himself than have him fake a smile. Kai didn't have anyone there helping him thru this hard time. No wife, no family, prolly not even any friends, and maybe George F.

Also, in Phil's post show interview, i noticed a very aggressive Phil and Hany. Almost like they were mad. And it dawned on me that they were bothered because while may not have had as many people in his corner as Phil, Kai had the support of the fans. And that seemed to piss Phil and Hany off, neither of which gave a post show smile.

I can't say that i'm no longer a fan of phil, i like him as a bber he's never delt with this kinda pressure and it showed in a less than classy way that night. The fact that you have to act like your in control and it's no sweat kinda means that your not and that you may be a little worried. It showed in just about every pic i saw of them. Making weird faces, refusing to pose first, repeatedly steping past the line, etc

We live and learn tho. I sure he'll deal with these types of moments better next time.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#13)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Phil was very very cocky at this one. I dont like how he kept trying to go past the line.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM

People said that about Arnold for Years too. and of Ronnie.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW