IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > I値l Pump You Up News
Reload this Page 2012 Arnold Classic Review
I値l Pump You Up News Keep up to date on contest coverage, bodybuilding headlines, new supplements, and other current trends in the bodybuilding and fitness arena

2012 Arnold Classic Review
(#1)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 2012 Arnold Classic Review - 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM

From what I have heard Dennis Wolf should have won. But lets see here what you think.
........So Branch wins the Arnold Classic again huh?? He actually won the "Most Muscular" award (for the sixth time) and the award for "Most Entertaining Posing Routine" award this year too! He made out like a bandit. Lets look at the pics and see if we notice anything different.
Also keep in mind tht Branch is short as heck. Muscles will always look bigger on a short guy. At his height of like 5' 6" he SHOULD have big legs. Dennis Wolf is a heck of alot taller and weighs in at like 270+. Evan Centopani is friggin huge too. He will be a serious contender at the Olympia this year!!! So with the top 3 being mass monsters......who go the conditioning right?????
One more thing. Branch is very vascular and veiny. Don't let that confuse you. That doesn't necessarily mean lean!!
I will say that I am personally not a huge fan of Branch's physique (especially his back) and think Dennis should have won easily.

Here are the final results!
1. Branch Warren
2. Dennis Wolf
3. Evan Centopani
4. Ben Pakulski
5. Dexter Jackson
6. Lionel Beyeke
7. Brandon Curry
8. Shawn Rhoden
9. Michael Kefalianos
10. Eduardo Correa
11. Fouad Abiad
12. Ben White
13. Gustavo Badell
14. Matthias Botthof

Side Notes:
Dennis Wolf's legs were alot smoother looking than Branch's and Evan's.
Branch's back couldn't compete with Dennis' V-Taper back!
Suprised Ben Pakulski beat out Dexter.
Another decent placing for Brandon Curry.
Evan is huge but laggs in pec development compared to others.
Lionel looks impressive.
Dennis Wolf REALLY needs to do something about his calves!
Dennis Wolf has some big friggin delts.

What do you think? Who do you think should have won??

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert

Last edited by TimM; 03-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.
(#2)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM

In my opinion it should have been Dennis then Branch and Evan...Dennis seemed to be a bit softer from the back..he has some symmetry even Evan seems to have a flow..not taking anything from Branch he did an amazing thing coming back from a leg injury but he has no chance in beating Phil and will never be an Olympia winner.

Bigmix
(#3)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-06-2012, 05:44 PM

branchs legs were the best.from the front his lats look the best,evans back attaches really low but dennis looks good to. there back from the rear shot wolf looks the best,branch is missing definition and thickness down the middle.wolfs side arm shot is weaker then branchs and evans. branchs abs are the best of the 3.
all in all its close but im a branch fan.

Controlled labs supps.
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmix View Post
In my opinion it should have been Dennis then Branch and Evan...Dennis seemed to be a bit softer from the back..he has some symmetry even Evan seems to have a flow..not taking anything from Branch he did an amazing thing coming back from a leg injury but he has no chance in beating Phil and will never be an Olympia winner.
I agree! Dennis overall looked the best and look at that flippin lat width!!!!

On another note, but still on Dennis....it appears he has the same calf issue I have. My left looks nothing like my right calf much to my dismay. Look at his left calf in the front lat spread and the front double bicep poses.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 03-07-2012, 03:25 AM

Yeah Dennis should have taken it. Time you are 100% right Wolfs calfs are tiny!! Can't wait to see evans improvments. 28 yrs old.. So much longer to go!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#6)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM

^ I agree JB! Evan should maybe compete a little more tho. This was only his 4th pro show. There are some body changes and improvement that i believe only come from hitting that stage. Can't wait to see more of him.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...