IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Workout Equipment
Reload this Page My Lat Isolation Straps
Workout Equipment In a time where more people are getting their own home equipment this forum is for discussing home,commercial and Homeade workout equipment. Rate and Tell us what you think is best.

My Lat Isolation Straps
(#1)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default My Lat Isolation Straps - 08-16-2009, 07:24 AM

This thing actually feels good. It engages exactly what I want it to. I feel like with me adding this to my typical workout, it will improve my pull-up ability as well as increase the size of my wings

I hope y'all like! (although I sound like a D.A. LOL!)

(#2)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 08-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Good video rick. It definetly looks like it works the back really well.

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 08-16-2009, 02:33 PM

im going to give those a shot. good vid
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 08-16-2009, 02:44 PM

Good luck finding those type Kris. Me and a co-worker made them
(#5)
Old
MoPower440 is on a distinguished road

Default 08-16-2009, 09:13 PM

You have already done the hard part.Now all we have to do is copy it.Im with you need to work on pullups.Its the squat for the back. I LIKE
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Oh I do pull-ups brother Kev! I'm just saying my biceps fry way before my lats do. I wanted to be able to polish them off. I'm only good for about 9 un-assisted pull-ups in a set and that ain't cutting it with my lats.
(#7)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM

Do you use wrist straps?

BTW looking jacked in the avi rick!!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Thanks! Thought I better get pics before I start shrinking with this injury I have.

No, I've never used wrist straps but I can see how that would help fire the lats better.
(#9)
Old

Default 08-16-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Thanks! Thought I better get pics before I start shrinking with this injury I have.

No, I've never used wrist straps but I can see how that would help fire the lats better.
Definetly would help. I use wrist straps on every movement when I work my back. The reason being is your grip is always going to give out before your back. On back day, I work back not forearms. I guarentee you will see a difference if you start incorporating them.

(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 08-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Cool video Rick. The avitar is looking cool too!! Keep up the good work.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#11)
Old
...has GOT Strong!

Anabolic Addiction
getstrong is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM

Awesome vid RickB! Sounds like a winner to me! Something new for me to try!
(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstrong View Post
Awesome vid RickB! Sounds like a winner to me! Something new for me to try!

Thanks Getstrong and good to see you on here again! I have not seen these straps for sale anywhere. The "Lat Straps" that I've found you pull with your hands. Not saying there isn't any out there, but these are custom made by me and a co-worker.
(#13)
Old
...has GOT Strong!

Anabolic Addiction
getstrong is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-18-2009, 03:02 PM

Cool and creative Bro. You are looking ripped Bro!
(#14)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 08-25-2009, 04:36 PM

Rick, can we get an insider on how you made them? Or can you suggest anything to use to get the same affect? Looks great!

(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-26-2009, 09:23 AM

Big55, I'll try to get better pics and dimensions along with the hardware used. One thing we haven't worked out is with different Lat bars that these may attach too, is some type of universal way to attach them to basically any lat bar. I'll try to get more info up for you pretty soon.
(#16)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 08-26-2009, 11:01 AM

Sounds good! Looking forward to it.

(#17)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM

The main strap overall length if laid out would be 48" long, but does not include the fold-over that is sewn to hold the rings. The length as shown in "ready-to-use" condition is approx 29" and is adjustable with the double-ring shown in the 2nd picture.

Here is a sliding adjustment to that helps keep it in position on your arm. It does not need to be cinched tight to work.

*Also note, that the single ring at the end is what I use on my @ home lat-pull down bar. This will not work at the gym I go to. I have not thought of a great way to make a universal attachment, although I think some type of strong slip-knot type of apparatus would work.