IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page million dollar question
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

million dollar question
(#1)
Old
nube is on a distinguished road

Default million dollar question - 11-12-2014, 09:17 PM

if I want to loose my belly fat ( 5 lbs) do I follow a cutting program? I want to also add muscle ( 20 )lbs. looking for someone to guide me with a plan. I am so confused with all the products.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM

Here's a plan you could try.

Just lift your ass off in the gym, make sure you get plenty of sleep, and eat exactly the way you are eating right now just do it consistently day to day (aka pretty much same meals at the same time of day everyday).

Do this for say, 3 months. Your body will be close to what it's going to be. Figure out how much protein and carbs you are taking in. If you need to add muscle, increase your carbs and ptoein intake so that your protein:carb ratio stays the same. Might need to buy protein, or you might need weightgainer. Best to add more good foods first, and if for whatever reason you can't, then use shakes. Do that for another 2 months.

Do that until you put enough weight on to be the overall size you want, then decide if you need to cut any fat. If you do, you'll most likely end up cutting back on total carbs and increase your protein:carb intake until you achieve the look you want.

This is a highly over simplified way of doing things and hopefully you learn a lot as you do this and over time your diet will improve as well as get more detailed. Training and sleeping are easy things, diet is the most powerful tool for determining how you will look (short of doing things you don't need to be doing).

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old
simonjames is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to simonjames Send a message via Skype™ to simonjames
Default 11-28-2014, 03:16 AM

So the first 3 months are crucial for everyone who is just starting.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-29-2014, 09:36 AM

Not exactly but the first 3-6 months for someone just starting is where you will see the most change in a short amount of time. All things being consistent, at the end of this time is usually where most will hit a plateau and need to make changes in their behavior before they see additional changes in their body.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-01-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Not exactly but the first 3-6 months for someone just starting is where you will see the most change in a short amount of time. All things being consistent, at the end of this time is usually where most will hit a plateau and need to make changes in their behavior before they see additional changes in their body.
I agree 100%! Focus and dedication!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#6)
Old
Jaycam89 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-28-2015, 04:22 PM

I would also add that, if you are planning on adding muscle mass, do so before you try to lose your extra fat. Adding mass means eating more, even when eating lean, eating more will most likely prevent you from burning your fat. With more muscle mass, it will also be much easier to burn fat. Gain the muscle, burn the fat. Good luck.