IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Need some guidance, can anyone help?
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

(#21)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM

In this world of we want everything now it is easy to get discouraged not seeing results fast enough. The first thing in my opinion is just to enjoy what you are doing and enjoy the adventure of it. the rest will take care of itself. I've seen to many people take this to serious then not enjoy themselves and completely fall off the wagon. I was like that for awhile. You go day in and day out depriving yourself of life's little treats then you look back and wonder why you are still unhappy.

Your on the right road just keep at it

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#22)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 08-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Most def. Will do, and I see your logic. I do enjoy it alot, and I feel better anyway so that's a plus in my book! I honestly look forward to every workout, and I feel better coming out of it as I was going in.

So diet aside, I know I need to get a protien shake in my life and I already use jack3d micro as a pre workout, are there any suggestions to my supplement list that will help me out? I'm think a post workout or something along the lines of that. I don't always get a post training meal in, and I know there are alot of supplements out there.

Also, was wondering if I would prosper from a testosterone supplement for my goals or if I'm beig too ambitious.
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 08-09-2013, 01:41 AM

Time for some Beefy 2 cents!! Put as much time into your diet as you do in the gym.PEROID!!

Dont forget water and dont forget proper sleep. 7-8 hrs of uninterrupted ZZZzzs. You break down muscle in the gym, repair + build new muscle in your sleep and fuel it all with your diet.

As for cutting down goes, never reduce calories if you already are. ( **Usually** )

Increase carido duration or increase intensity.

The human body can fluctuate 2-4lbs A DAY! so like Mac said dont put too much trust in that scale.

**Try to monitor your body fat percentage and if you dont gradually see a change THEN reconfig your diet!**

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#24)
Old

Default 08-09-2013, 10:42 AM

I am most concerned with the body fat right now, although I feel like I woke up to a whole new body today, can see def. In the biceps and midsection that wasn't there last week.

As far as sleep, I have twins so 7 hrs. Is sleeping in for me usually, but I do sleep solid so no worries there. Thanks alot for all the feedback guys, this is by far the most knowledge I've been able to gather yet.
(#25)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
Most def. Will do, and I see your logic. I do enjoy it alot, and I feel better anyway so that's a plus in my book! I honestly look forward to every workout, and I feel better coming out of it as I was going in.

So diet aside, I know I need to get a protien shake in my life and I already use jack3d micro as a pre workout, are there any suggestions to my supplement list that will help me out? I'm think a post workout or something along the lines of that. I don't always get a post training meal in, and I know there are alot of supplements out there.

Also, was wondering if I would prosper from a testosterone supplement for my goals or if I'm beig too ambitious.

Depending on which diet route you go I would still try to get a post workout protein in. If you are going carb nite you can still have a post workout protein shake. Mix it with Power ade zero or Gatorade with no sugar. You still want the protein that is important in saturating the muscle with protein so you start the rebuilding process of the damage you have done in the gym.

If you are carb back loading you can definitely use regular gatorade or Power ade with the sugar to help drive up insulin levels and spike muscle growth at this time.

Now for the regular low fat 5-6 meal calorie restrictive diet. I can go on all day on how you should still get in that sugar after a workout but the science we have been told about glycogen depletion is not as accurate as we once thought it was.

See, the liver holds an good amount of Glycogen and it takes alot to deplete it. One 45 minute resistance training day will not deplete this. Well then we are told that the Glycogen is depleted within the muscle. This is not true either the The muscle in the body and I'm talking about the whole body as far a muscle is concerned can store up to 800- 2000 calories in excess glycogen where the liver can store up to 250-500 calories so depleting this is rather hard in just one workout. It takes several days to deplete this. That is why Carb back loading and carb nite work well. Depending on which one you want to do.

when you take in small amounts of carbs even day in and day out even with you are going to store it until the body has to use it for energy. Now alot of this glycogen the brain uses Alot of it. I don't really know the number but you can research that as well, but when stores are low the liver produces Ketones to supply the brain with what it needs.

what I'm trying to get at here is you can still loose weight on a calorie restrictive diet while still taking carbs in thru out the day but what will happen is the body will readily start using muscle tissue as energy. What we want to do is preserve as much muscle as possible . That is why I'm so animate for low carb diets particularly carb back loading and carb nite solution.

(#26)
Old

Default 08-12-2013, 11:53 AM

I have been trying to run a carb vacillating type diet since you have suggested it. And it seems to be working well energy wise. Its been helpful mainly because most of my carbs are consumed at dinnertime anyway. I'm just trying to get the best out of my body as I can, and I wouldn't mind looking good with my shirt off either. Will keep trying this to see how it works, and I'm going to put in an order next week so will make sure to get some protein shakes down. Any suggestions for a good protein sup? Was thinking about the Optimum nutrition one but I was open to suggestions
(#27)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM

That is all I get is Optimum Nutrition. To me it mixes better than the rest.

(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM

Universal Nutrition: Max Protein
BPI: Super Pro
Dymatize: Elite

All JohnBeef approved

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

(#29)
Old

Default 08-19-2013, 07:03 AM

Decided to go with ON for protein, like the price...

Gonna try the swole pre-workout mix, wanted a free t-shirt! Lol

Also, starting to feel it in the joints pretty bad. Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the orange TRIad or any othe suggestions?
(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-19-2013, 10:45 AM

what are you meaning starting to feel it in the joints pretty badly. Are your joints really sore. Is that what you are stating. If that is the case. I would say your going a little to heavy on your lifts. What rep range are you keeping your lifts at.

(#31)
Old

Default 08-19-2013, 08:19 PM

I stay in the 8-10 range...I should of been more clear.

I have had ankle/knee issues in the past, both left and right sides. Right ankle was shattered in a dirtbike accident and blew out my left knee freshman year baseball
(#32)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM

Yeah I dont think Joint supps will help with THAT type of issue. Joint supps are more like "Grease for your gears" gonna need some Mac on this one, I dont know much about brakes and boo boos

(#33)
Old

Default 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM

I have been dealing with these for a long time, I climb ladders for a profession so it's not a huge deal. Just a little bit harder on the joints now as I am hitting them hard. Try not to take too mic motrin
(#34)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Oh yeah Now I understand what you are talking about . Yeah I bet some of those issues are probably arthritis issues from the former break and that will never get completely better but the exercise will of course help the pain. Ha welcome to becoming older. LOL

You said dirtbike now I'm waiting for Rick to show up.

(#35)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-21-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBeef View Post
Yeah I dont think Joint supps will help with THAT type of issue. Joint supps are more like "Grease for your gears" gonna need some Mac on this one, I dont know much about brakes and boo boos
What would you say if I told you that the more you stay away from flour type products and most other processed foods, that arthritis will decrease dramatically? Tis true! Oh and alcoholic beverages don't help either.

Here's a quick and dirty on this (actually quick and clean LOL):
http://www.healthline.com/health-sli...th-arthritis#1

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#36)
Old

Default 08-21-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
What would you say if I told you that the more you stay away from flour type products and most other processed foods, that arthritis will decrease dramatically? Tis true! Oh and alcoholic beverages don't help either.

Here's a quick and dirty on this (actually quick and clean LOL):
http://www.healthline.com/health-sli...th-arthritis#1

Done alot of that already besides staying away from the grilled stuff, and I don't drink alcohol so that's no worries. I did however go to the dr today and according to him I've gained weight since last month, but wouldn't do my bodyfat percentage today. I gotta buy calipers!
(#37)
Old

Default 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM

It's awfully hard to stay eating right when everyone is smashing junkfood and massive portions in your face...been bombing my diet the past 2 days, ugh! Feel like crap...
(#38)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM

Good link Rick! I had no clue about any of that!

Dont worry c0yled it happens. Just keep on keepin' on. Just ask yourself "Do I really wanna eat this??" "What would the IPYU guys think???" haha!

(#39)
Old

Default 08-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Yea I know, but dude it's been hard and my diet is getting frustrating enough as it is...I'm truckin through tho!
(#40)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-26-2013, 07:07 AM

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle choice. If people are throwing junk food in your face, that's peer pressure; you don't eat those foods any more, it's as simple as that.

Like when your at a party and some clown is handing out pills with a big 'E' on them. You have the sense (Well I hope you do) to say no.

It's the same here. Don't go 'rewarding' with cheat meals either if you know it will send you back into the arms of the honey monster; it's just common sense and where so many people go wrong.

Eliminating flour based products, starch and processed foods will pay more dividends than being an accountant. Think of the big picture, longevity is the key. A treat meal will feel good for about five minutes at most. Adapting to the lifestyle by making smart dietary choices long term will keep you fit and happy until you reach old bones.

But if it's too hard and you're willing to compromise your quality of life then feel free to eat all the marshmallows dunked in treacle you want.