IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page My Goal to 250
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#381)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM

MAC your doing awesome brother!!! HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG BABY!!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#382)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-16-2012, 06:24 AM

I just have to stay focused and level headed is all. No room for falling off the wagon here.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#383)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-16-2012, 06:25 AM

Time get on this bike. My legs are sore. my body is sore. But I'm just waking up and thinking weird shit that I need a cheat meal this week end but I know this is just the early morning fog telling me crap I don't need to hear.

(#384)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-16-2012, 06:27 AM

There is no wagon brother, You know as well as I do if its something you truely care about and want you will do it, if it isn't then you just simply will not....The advantage you have is you not only want it we all want it for you.....I hope and pray I will be back in the game starting Monday...Gotta a lot of catching up to do with you guys...lol

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#385)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-16-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Time get on this bike. My legs are sore. my body is sore. But I'm just waking up and thinking weird shit that I need a cheat meal this week end but I know this is just the early morning fog telling me crap I don't need to hear.
myfitness pal has a lotta cool recipes. Tastes like you're cheating, but you're not. Look into it my friend.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#386)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-16-2012, 09:49 AM

Yeah I've been looking into some of those. I am so glad you turned me over to this app.

(#387)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-16-2012, 09:58 AM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km9xFg3JAYo"]Weight loss journey day 1 - YouTube[/ame]

March 16th
(#388)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default March 16th - 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM

We had an absolutely awesome workout today. Have you ever had one of those workouts on arms where when your done you can hardly grip your shaker cup. This was one of those days.

I changed up some things so here goes.

Shoulders
Smith Press shoulder presses
Justin:
  1. 135x10
  2. 135x10
  3. 145x8+RP
Mac
  1. 135x20
  2. 145x15
  3. 225x12+RP

Barbell Front Raises
Justin and Mac
  1. 35x15
  2. 45x15
  3. 50x12+RP

Seated Side Laterals
  1. 25x10
  2. 35x10
  3. 45x10
  4. 45x10
  5. 45x10
  6. 45x10
  7. 45x10

Small Break to let the blood out of our shoulders they where screaming

Atl DB Curl/Cable Triceps Pushdown
  1. 25x10/100x15
  2. 35x10/100x10
  3. 45x10/100x10
  4. 50x10/130x10
  5. 50x10/130x10
  6. 50x10/130x8
  7. 50x10/130x8

Hammer Curls/Reverse Triceps cable pushdowns
  1. 45x10/100x10
  2. 45x10/100x10
  3. 45x10/100x10
  4. 45x10/100x10
  5. 45x10/100x10

Yeah You see it right I'm adding a little volume to smaller body parts and believe me it is killer. Loving this pump feeling. Kinda like what arnold said. I have not had this kinda of pump in a long time.

(#389)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Hell yea Mac! Keep pushing.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#390)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 03-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
We had an absolutely awesome workout today. Have you ever had one of those workouts on arms where when your done you can hardly grip your shaker cup. This was one of those days.

I changed up some things so here goes.

Shoulders
Smith Press shoulder presses
Justin:
  1. 135x10
  2. 135x10
  3. 145x8+RP
Mac
  1. 135x20
  2. 145x15
  3. 225x12+RP

Barbell Front Raises
Justin and Mac
  1. 35x15
  2. 45x15
  3. 50x12+RP

Seated Side Laterals
  1. 25x10
  2. 35x10
  3. 45x10
  4. 45x10
  5. 45x10
  6. 45x10
  7. 45x10

Small Break to let the blood out of our shoulders they where screaming

Atl DB Curl/Cable Triceps Pushdown
  1. 25x10/100x15
  2. 35x10/100x10
  3. 45x10/100x10
  4. 50x10/130x10
  5. 50x10/130x10
  6. 50x10/130x8
  7. 50x10/130x8

Hammer Curls/Reverse Triceps cable pushdowns
  1. 45x10/100x10
  2. 45x10/100x10
  3. 45x10/100x10
  4. 45x10/100x10
  5. 45x10/100x10

Yeah You see it right I'm adding a little volume to smaller body parts and believe me it is killer. Loving this pump feeling. Kinda like what arnold said. I have not had this kinda of pump in a long time.
Keeps you coming back for more like an old girlfriend!!!! well maybe not like an old girlfriend but man it's a great feeling!!!! looking good Mac love the volume!

Bigmix
(#391)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-16-2012, 08:27 PM

Nice work Mac!!! Way to tear it up! Looking forward to a Justin pic update too!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#392)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM

My arms hurt from looking at that haha

OFWGKTA
(#393)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
My arms hurt from looking at that haha
I'm sore this morning Believe me.

(#394)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-17-2012, 08:57 AM

Cardio done for saturday morning. Now time to eat some oatmeal get everyone going and get the puppies to the dog park so they can exercise. Then do this again later today.

My last ten minutes of my session I do a sprint for one minutes and rest one minute. I'm getting better at this for longer periods of time. I started out only like 5 minutes then it was 8 minutes now it is 10 minutes.

(#395)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 03-17-2012, 09:13 AM

How fast of a sprint? And did Justin's friend workout with you guys yet?

OFWGKTA
(#396)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM

The sprints I'm doing on the bike are about 1 minute sprints and 1 minute rests.

Yeah He worked out with us one time. I have not seen him since leg day. LOL.

We are taking today off, Justin had a Dr. Appointment so we will get it started tommorow.

So far today Cardio this morning and I had the Dish guy show up at the house. Something was wrong with my Dish satellite. So I stayed home until he got there and while he was working I did my other cardio on the bike and now I'm at work. One more to do when I get home.

(#397)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-19-2012, 04:17 PM

Forgot to update you guys.

My official weigh in today was 465 actually 464.8 but I'm just going to round the number up.

That is roughly 5 pounds in one week. Not to bad. hopefully I can keep this up, I will try my darnedest to do so. If I can average this weekly I will be happy considering my plan only calls for 2 pounds a week.

(#398)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Forgot to update you guys.

My official weigh in today was 465 actually 464.8 but I'm just going to round the number up.

That is roughly 5 pounds in one week. Not to bad. hopefully I can keep this up, I will try my darnedest to do so. If I can average this weekly I will be happy considering my plan only calls for 2 pounds a week.

HELL YEAH!!!!! Way to go Mac!!!!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#399)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-19-2012, 04:40 PM

Question though for you guys since I'm not that knowledgeable

on this and learning more and more every day.

Should I still be cutting carbs out at night. Would it help to have a complex carb at night since I do a pretty good cardio session when I get home.

I've been doing research and I can't find anywhere or articles that support carb cutting at night. almost everything I read supports ( portion control) which is obvious but says that cutting out carbs at night could very well hinder your weight loss program.

I do understand that carb consumption at night can raise your GH levels when you sleep so this is a good reason to not carb cut at night also, and I know that complex carbs mixed with protein helps slow the digestion of the protein which in turn feeds muscle all night long.

I guess I have pretty much answered my own questions but just looking for some feed back.

(#400)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-19-2012, 04:43 PM

I did not cut carbs at night when I cut the first time. I just kept all my carbs in and used lower GI foods and portion control. The second little mini-cut I did, I did taper them off and holy shat was it tough!!!! But I lost at about the same pace. So maybe do a 2 wk experiment and see.