IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page Slacker Tracker
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

Closed Thread

(#581)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-14-2014, 04:23 PM

Inzer belt = couldn't lift without it. Seriously, that thing is keeping me going. Been tightening up the diet lately. Cutting out all the delicious things from my diet. I did treat myself to something healthy last night, thanks to Meka I got a sudden sushi craving lol.

Attempted 100lb db incline presses over the weekend. Failed doing it solo...got 90's for 8 no problem though. Sooo, not quite back to the ballpark I was in before but strength is def coming back for the most part, endurance too. I think once I'm back on track food wise I'll start making better progress in the strength camp (not that I plan on lifting heavy alot). Did put on 3lbs since October and definitely looking better.

Few more weeks till my follow up with the surgeon before I'll have a plan for my training routine, as for right now just been kinda winging my workouts going with how I feel, laid back almost.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#582)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM

Love my Inzer belt. Keep pushing

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#583)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-31-2014, 07:21 PM

Well sometimes life throws you a few curve balls and things seem more like a disaster than anything else.

Lost my grandfather to cancer back in November...end of January I had to put one of my dogs down, a week later the girlfriend broke up with me, and last week my other grandfather lost his battle with cancer as well (I think between Nov-today we lost like 6 family members). My lower back/hip is hurt...been doing some physical therapy with intermittent success.

So needless to say my diet has been less than great, training has been limited but I'm still getting some work done and even doing cardio.

Once the family situation settles down I should be able to focus on training again. The ex and I are...well I don't know what to call that. We're friends who happen to be in love? It's ridiculous but really doesn't hinder me much other than mentally...or ruins my training when she hunts me down at the gym...otherwise despite life, I'm doing pretty well. And, God willing, may even be in well enough shape to try a physique show.

Soooo, getting back to dieting right as I'll actually be home to cook now. The rest shall fall into place and I'm going to get back my body! Hovering in the low 180's right now...leaned up a bit. Leg days are tough but I have kept hams/quads split up to two days and I haven't lost much muscle, gained some tone, just can't squat...

Anyways I'm sure I'll have a better update once I get a few more things taken care of and am back on my grind.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#584)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-31-2014, 07:21 PM

Well sometimes life throws you a few curve balls and things seem more like a disaster than anything else.

Lost my grandfather to cancer back in November...end of January I had to put one of my dogs down, a week later the girlfriend broke up with me, and last week my other grandfather lost his battle with cancer as well (I think between Nov-today we lost like 6 family members). My lower back/hip is hurt...been doing some physical therapy with intermittent success.

So needless to say my diet has been less than great, training has been limited but I'm still getting some work done and even doing cardio.

Once the family situation settles down I should be able to focus on training again. The ex and I are...well I don't know what to call that. We're friends who happen to be in love? It's ridiculous but really doesn't hinder me much other than mentally...or ruins my training when she hunts me down at the gym...otherwise despite life, I'm doing pretty well. And, God willing, may even be in well enough shape to try a physique show.

Soooo, getting back to dieting right as I'll actually be home to cook now. The rest shall fall into place and I'm going to get back my body! Hovering in the low 180's right now...leaned up a bit. Leg days are tough but I have kept hams/quads split up to two days and I haven't lost much muscle, gained some tone, just can't squat...

Anyways I'm sure I'll have a better update once I get a few more things taken care of and am back on my grind.

(#585)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Man, I'm sorry for your losses! That's always tough!!! Get back to it when you can....the diet that is. Like you said, the focus will be back when things settle! Hang in there!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

The Following User Says Thank You to RickB For This Useful Post:
ouija (04-02-2014)
(#586)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Well everything in life has settled down. The caskets are closed, the ex is gone, and I was able to SQUAT!

The diet has been good, training has been more focused....In a month's time I'm going to evaluate where I am, and either jump on the supplement train and go big and try a show, or I'll just keep on the grind and focus on life...

(#587)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-15-2014, 09:13 AM

There ya go time to focus. Make the most of everything you do.

(#588)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-15-2014, 04:23 PM

Hit chest today. Short workout but should be effective. Tried going a lil heavier than I have been. BB incline i hit 205 for 5, db inclines 95x5. Got a longggg ways to go till I'm back up to my old numbers...although considering I'm 15-20lbs lighter and training hasn't been what it was before I'm ok with things for now.

(#589)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-16-2014, 08:39 AM

Hey like you said consistency

(#590)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM

Gonna have to post some updates soon. Feeling pretty damn good

(#591)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-13-2014, 04:43 PM

Well. Things have been going well. Just a slight nag in the lower back now. Found out as long as I keep the squats parallel and no lower, knees and hips don't give me any trouble. Also been doing db romanians seems to help with things.

Not super strong, but move somewhat respectable weight. Scale got up to 190, I backed off some carbs and am sitting at 186 now. Still have separation in my legs, striations in the shoulder, got some good width back in my delts and lats. Been hammering my rear delts, alternating weekly between heavier weight/higher reps. All in all I'm looking great considering I've only been training 6 of the last 12 months and I'm using zero supplements right now too. I'll have to pick up some batteries for the camera.

I gotta take pictures of the brakes on my truck too...i beat the living hell out of my truck and she treats me good. Been spending a boatload of money on it since I payed it off finally haha.

(#592)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-19-2014, 03:44 PM

Well, training has been mostly good. Horrible pains shooting down my sciatic nerve though, tendon in my hamstring is super tight...hasn't been getting any better, going to the doc in a few days to demand some MRI's and see what I can do.

So, still trying to train around that anyway lol. Taking it easy overall though, staying light and lean at the moment. Pic update is from the end of June, I've dropped some weight since then.

Once I know what's going on (I think it might be a herniated disc) I'll have a plan as to what my goals will be with training...

(#593)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM

looking good Ouija! Keep up the good work and hope you get the pain figured out!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#594)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-26-2014, 10:20 AM

Well, I have sciatica.

Physical therapist thinks it's work stress related. My hips are crooked, and years of training have reinforced this.

Doc put me on prednisone for the pain and inflamation, been doing a lot of stretching and core strengthening (and correction). So in 6 weeks we'll see where I'm at.

No hamstring trianing or squats/presses for the duration of pt and I have to be careful of posture for everything else. Taking things one day at a time for now.

(#595)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-01-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Well, I have sciatica.

Physical therapist thinks it's work stress related. My hips are crooked, and years of training have reinforced this.

Doc put me on prednisone for the pain and inflamation, been doing a lot of stretching and core strengthening (and correction). So in 6 weeks we'll see where I'm at.

No hamstring trianing or squats/presses for the duration of pt and I have to be careful of posture for everything else. Taking things one day at a time for now.

I have that too...with a slightly crooked spine. Look up Turmeric. I have been off of it lately, but basically it's a spice and also in capsules due to a host of benefits including inflammation. Inflammation in my experience is usually all of my flare ups on pinched nerves and worse than normal sciatica.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RickB For This Useful Post:
ouija (08-02-2014)
(#596)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-02-2014, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the tip Rick!

Xrays showed some disc narrowing (or so I'm told). Doc and PT said I can hold off on MRI's if physical therapy doesn't help. I'm not sure how my training will be affected long term but I will still be doing anything I can for as long as I can.

In other news, the ex and I are trying to work things out, which is a welcome distraction from this lousy sciatica business. One day at a time.

(#597)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-06-2014, 03:43 PM

Good deal! One day at a time is all we can do really when recovering from such.

(#598)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-08-2014, 06:15 AM

I've had sciatica in the past - it can be truly debilitating, you have my sympathy.

You're doing all of the right things - stretching, foam rolling and stability work will work wonders. It might be worth getting under the bar anyway, even if it's just a couple of light sets of squats. It doesn't have to be a full on squat session.

And as a final note, I hope you and the ex agree on the BEST outcome for the both of you. Always remain a gentleman, and if it's not to be then leave her with a good impression of you. And if it is to be, then let bygones by bygones, and live only in the present - never look back.

I know... You know all of this anyway. But I thought I'd chime in regardless.

All the best mate.
(#599)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-09-2014, 10:19 AM

PT suggested bodyweight squats...however we did go over my squat form and found a variance in my stance. Even walking my right foot angles out more than my left, which leads to crooked hip alignment squatting which pulls my right knee in...so working on that now as well as teaching myself how to walk "normally".

They've moved me into the most advanced core moves they could find. I have no clue what one of the things is called but apparently only 5% of elite athletes can do the damn thing correctly. Shmucks like me can only do it good enough, after falling on my face the first few goes at it.

Still having good days and bad ones, evenings/nights seem to be fine and pain free, but some mornings are absolutely horrible and I'm not sure some days how I even made it out of my bed lol.

Things are going well communication wise with the ex. She's on vacation till next weekend, my vacation is in 3 weeks lol so luckily there's literally no way we can see "too much" of eachother right out of the gate. Hardest part is what to consider quirks and what to consider personality deficiencies haha. But just like PT, one day at a time.

(#600)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-14-2014, 01:24 PM

Hope all of your adjustments work out brother!

Closed Thread