IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Cereal and bodybuilding
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#1)
Old
imSMALL is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:36 AM

ITs funny i never hear the mention of cereal with bodybuilding. Sure it has carbs and sugar.....But im on my cutting stage and yes heres what i noticed I stopped all sugar didnt lose weight...Now i eat sugar and lose weight. I guess it depends hwo the body respnds to certain foods. I eat 2 bowls of Special K red Berries Cereal...IT has 25gms of carbs and 10 gms of sugar and im sure i eat double the normal amount spcified per bowl. I get only 4 servings from it when the nutrionational content is for 11 bowls. Yes been eating this for 2 weeks along with regualr food....They are high in calories 2 bowls which would be around 600 cals just from cereal and around 125 gms carbs. This past week i havent trained cuz imt aking some time off...noc ardio or any exercise. Weight seems to dropping rapidly, totally contradicted my low carb diet. I only get carbs from my cereal, takes awhile getting used too cuz its heavy on your stomach but i like milk n stuff so its all good. Just thought i would share my experience. Did i mention i drink a litre of fat free milk a day
(#2)
Old
BenchPress is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:39 AM

i eat 2 servings of fiber one cereal each day. does that count?
(#3)
Old
GeorgeK is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:41 AM

You may not be looking in the right places. Sugar cereal (kiddie cerceal) is a common food utilized by dieters for a "refeed". When you diet for extended periods your leptin levels drop. Frequent refeeds (typically high carb/high sugar and low fat) will keep leptin levels high. I assume that is what you are finding happening with you.
(#4)
Old
Jizames is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:44 AM

I think some cereal like 100% wheat ones are good. Throw a little flax on there. 1% skim milk. Tasty.

Lately I've not been eating any cereals. But when I do, it will be something similar to the above.
(#5)
Old
ImSoBIG is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:47 AM

I eat Total cereal dry. Good stuff, lots of vitamins too. Could this also be because you might be eating the way another body type should eat? Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph I think? Do you know which type you are?
(#6)
Old
imSMALL is on a distinguished road

Default 09-17-2004, 06:54 AM

im a mesomorph i guess.....cuz in the last six months i was so alzy i ate a Medium pizza everyday i wont even lie, this si true dominoes knew my name. Yet i didnt gain much fat...I was still at the same waist size as 34. Never exercised (Im largely built). I dont have trouble losing weight its been 1 and 1/2 months since i've been cutting.I lost a inch and a half i wear a size 33 now which is still not tight enough i wear em as low rise. So im guessing im doing okay with my progress.