IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Mercury poisoning from tuna
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#1)
Old
JohnyM is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM

I eat about 1 can of tuna a day.. i like the taste and the protein it gives, however i was talking to someone and they said too much tuna can cause mercury poisoning -- is this true?? i searched google for it and i only found this in cases of children -- is 1 can a day too much?

thanks,
(#2)
Old
POLK is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2004, 12:54 PM

Mercury is usually found in other types of fish.. but according to the scare reports, they have said that canned tuna is on the safe list.
(#3)
Old
BenchPress is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2004, 12:59 PM

i've read the same thing POLK. I've found a new correlation, grant money starved scientists and frivolous studies. Next week scientists will come out with a study saying if you breathe you are opening yourself up to a 65% chance of cancer. Everything causes cancer. i'll get off my soap box now. But theres no cause for alarm IMO. Hell my parents use to play with mercury drops in school, and so far they are cancerless.
(#4)
Old
RoidRage is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2004, 01:04 PM

Mercury Levels in Seafood Species

Source:

U. S. Food and Drug Administration
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Office of Seafood
May 2001

Another good source of info that has references to a few goverenment and state health agencies.

Mercury in Fish and Seafood
(#5)
Old
JohnyM is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2004, 01:10 PM

thanks for all the info guys. i wasnt concerned of cancer or anything, (i too believe, most of these studies are probably worthless), just curious if anyone here had any bad experiences with too much tuna/fish.. thanks again