IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Alcohol - where are the calories?
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#1)
Old
GunJin is on a distinguished road

Default 08-10-2004, 08:08 AM

<DIV =smallfont>While i have banned alcohol during the week due to my strict diet and workout routine -- i find myself drinking quite often on the weekends

if you look at a can of light beer the calorie content will be around 100 calories but 0 g of fat; 7g of carbs; 1g of protein --- where are all those calories coming from?
(#2)
Old
PrimeTime is on a distinguished road

Default 08-10-2004, 08:23 AM

Alcohol:

7 kcal per gram.
13-14g per drink.
(#3)
Old
Grizzly is on a distinguished road

Default 08-10-2004, 09:12 AM

The alcohol contains maltose which causes a very rapid insulin spike. The carb count on beer is worthless because the glycemic index of maltose is extremely high. This as you know slows your metabolism and causes any fat to be stored that much easier. Especially if you drink and then eat a meal high in fat and carbs. Even drinking once a week can slow the dieting process. If you are going to drink, choose red wine. It has the lowest GI, and actually supresses your appetite and helps digest food more easily.