IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Growth Hormone boosters
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Growth Hormone boosters
(#1)
Old
Billabong is on a distinguished road

Default Growth Hormone boosters - 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM

Hello,

First I would like to say what a great site you have. Your prices are incredible.

I am a 43 year old male who has been body buildiing for about 4 years now.I train 4 to 5 times a week. I think you would describe my body type as an ectomorph. My gains do happen but are slow. I eat 7 times a day. Two of those are protein shakes and 3 of those consist of about 3 to 4 eggs. The other two are usual lunch and dinner meals.

Ive been trying to figure out how to increase my mass without having to go on actual steroids to do it. I'm taking BCAA's and creatine as well. I am considering taking a growth hormone booster and wanted to know if you guys think its safe for someone over 40 to take that and is it actually worth it taking them. Also is there one for my age bracket that will help with my size.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review this.

-Brandon
(#2)
Old

Default 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM

anyone?
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-06-2014, 02:59 PM

Welcome! Sorry for the delay!

First off, are you doing the main lifts for growth? ie: deadlifts, squats, bench (everyone benches LOL). IMHO, there is no better movements for growth than deadlifts and squats!

My opinion on growth hormone boosters, is that I doubt they do much if you mean over-the-counter. But look for something that has solid reviews and maybe give it a try. I never have tried them but have read alot about them over the years and never heard anyone rant with good vibes about them.

Also what does your week's workout look like (layout)? How long do you wait before retraining a body part? Us older guys need longer time in between (unless on steroids).

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

Last edited by RickB; 08-06-2014 at 03:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RickB For This Useful Post:
Billabong (08-06-2014)
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-06-2014, 05:22 PM

Regular "growth hormone" supplements are mostly useless. Some will help you get some quality sleep (sleep is good) otherwise money would be better spent on food.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
The Following User Says Thank You to ouija For This Useful Post:
Billabong (08-06-2014)
(#5)
Old

Default 08-06-2014, 06:35 PM

Thanks so much guys for replying.

@RickB, here is my workout:

Mon.-(chest)- 4 sets 6-8 incline bench press, heavy as I can for each set.
4 sets 6-8 flat bench press,
4 sets 6-8 decline bench press,
4 sets 6-8 Dumbbell butterfly, I usually mix it up each week, one week will do incline, next week flat bench and the next week decline.
4 sets 10 to 12 cable crossovers,super-set with a basic cable press.

Tues. ( Legs)- 4 sets 6-8 Smith machine squats. We don't have a normal squat station at my gym.
4 sets 6-8 Calf raises
4 sets 6-8 Leg extension.
4 sets 6-8 leg press
4 sets 6-8 leg curls
4 sets 12 lunges

Wed. (Biceps and back) - 3 sets of 10 wide grip pull ups
3 sets of dead-lifts
4 sets of preacher curls
4 sets of T-Bar rows
3 sets of concentration curls
3 sets of wide grip pull downs super-set cable curls

Thurs. (day off)

Fri. (Triceps and shoulders)- 4 sets of military press
4 sets if weighted dips
3 sets of lateral raise
4 sets of skull crushers
4 sets of front dumbbell raise
3 sets of triceps extension
4 sets of reverse flys on fly machine.

I apologize for writing down my entire workout, I just wanted to make sure you had all my information. Thank you for letting me know about the growth hormones. Glad i asked before I bought.

Would you guys have any other suggestions on what I should be taking.

Thank you both for replying.

-Brandon
(#6)
Old

Default 08-06-2014, 08:40 PM

Actually guys, I did a little research and it seems I'm taking pretty much all I need to be taking.(Whey,Casein,BCAA's ,and Creatine) I've been looking at your chest workout post and it seems I'm not by myself. There is a lot of helpful information on this site and I just need to do some reading.

Thanks guys for your help.

-Brandon
(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-07-2014, 08:18 AM

You're welcome! Your workout looks good!

Yeah I think you pretty much have it covered. Maybe add taurine and glutamine, but those are VERY minor tweaks at best. And I'm on the fence about adding those.

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/categories/glutamine.htm

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/now/taurine.htm

One more thought, how about your daily calories? Are you making sure you are where you need to be? What's your current estimated BF%? It's hard to gain if you are super lean and not getting enough groceries.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#8)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Here's a little trick that might help - I know it's helped a lot of people I know, and it's relatively inexpensive as well. It's a bit of a folk remedy but it does work wonders for some.

First of all, buy yourself some fizzy vitamin C tablets - the key here is with the fizz, so you could even use sparkling water or a diet soda, but vitamin C is obviously the best option out of the three as you're getting the two shot effect with the carbonation and the ascorbic acid - and at most likely, the same price as the soda.

Secondly, pick up a tub/pouch of L-Glutamine in its natural form - so powder in other words; and every morning, mix a heaped teaspoon in with the fizzing tablet, or the soda (depending on your choice of sparkling beverage) and drink it down. The carbonation is important as it should assist with the absorption of the Glutamine, and obviously in a fasted state, the body will also do a better job on the absorption front as well.

Then, leave it at least half an hour before eating, and repeat the process every morning. The guys who benefit from this the most are those who are over forty. So, if this is you, then seriously consider doing this.

Glutamine serves a number of purposes within the body. It has a very similar structure to glucose and as such, the brain will use it as a fuel. This is why it's often used to cure alcoholics of their alcohol dependency, as their brains actually use alcohol as an alternative energy source to glucose - which is why you will rarely see an alcoholic with a sweet tooth, and often why they're weaned off alcohol with large amounts of sugar.

Glutamine as well as its nootropic effects, also seems to have a relation with HGH production. It's often used in hospitals to aid in the recovery of burn victims and to aid in the recovery after surgery. It's a very underrated supplement, and not enough people take it - (Including me incidentally!)

Zinc is also rather effective as well, but, it's important to note, that with all natural remedies, HGH and/or testosterone will NEVER top baseline levels. Which is why it's a complete waste of time for anybody under the age of thirty to consider upping their HGH, as they're already producing shed loads!
(#9)
Old

Default 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
You're welcome! Your workout looks good!

Yeah I think you pretty much have it covered. Maybe add taurine and glutamine, but those are VERY minor tweaks at best. And I'm on the fence about adding those.

One more thought, how about your daily calories? Are you making sure you are where you need to be? What's your current estimated BF%? It's hard to gain if you are super lean and not getting enough groceries.
I honestly dont know what my body fat is. When I started lifting 4 years ago, I weighed 155 lbs. I'm now up to 175. I do have body fat,(all in the belly) My metabolism use to be super fast, but since I hit the big 40, its started to slow down.
Thanks for your help Rick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
Here's a little trick that might help - I know it's helped a lot of people I know, and it's relatively inexpensive as well. It's a bit of a folk remedy but it does work wonders for some.

First of all, buy yourself some fizzy vitamin C tablets - the key here is with the fizz, so you could even use sparkling water or a diet soda, but vitamin C is obviously the best option out of the three as you're getting the two shot effect with the carbonation and the ascorbic acid - and at most likely, the same price as the soda.

Secondly, pick up a tub/pouch of L-Glutamine in its natural form - so powder in other words; and every morning, mix a heaped teaspoon in with the fizzing tablet, or the soda (depending on your choice of sparkling beverage) and drink it down. The carbonation is important as it should assist with the absorption of the Glutamine, and obviously in a fasted state, the body will also do a better job on the absorption front as well.

Then, leave it at least half an hour before eating, and repeat the process every morning. The guys who benefit from this the most are those who are over forty. So, if this is you, then seriously consider doing this.

Glutamine serves a number of purposes within the body. It has a very similar structure to glucose and as such, the brain will use it as a fuel. This is why it's often used to cure alcoholics of their alcohol dependency, as their brains actually use alcohol as an alternative energy source to glucose - which is why you will rarely see an alcoholic with a sweet tooth, and often why they're weaned off alcohol with large amounts of sugar.

Glutamine as well as its nootropic effects, also seems to have a relation with HGH production. It's often used in hospitals to aid in the recovery of burn victims and to aid in the recovery after surgery. It's a very underrated supplement, and not enough people take it - (Including me incidentally!)

Zinc is also rather effective as well, but, it's important to note, that with all natural remedies, HGH and/or testosterone will NEVER top baseline levels. Which is why it's a complete waste of time for anybody under the age of thirty to consider upping their HGH, as they're already producing shed loads!
Hey thanks Cra, I am definitely going to try this.

You guys have been super helpful and I really do appreciate it.

-Brandon