IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page boxing help please!
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

(#21)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-11-2008, 05:07 PM

id join a boxing gym
(#22)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM

joinin a boxing gym wen im 16 im a member of a gym now witch is weights and cardio mainly join 1 week ago
(#23)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM

speed bag, and shadow boxing are what id go for
(#24)
Old

Default 01-12-2008, 06:40 AM

cheers any1 got any more comments post please
(#25)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 01-15-2008, 06:03 AM

Tom you might want to add some pull ups (with a little abs crunch at the end) also leg raises for lower abs. Iím more into martial arts but we both need a strong core. I see you run and keep it up for your endurance. If you love road work you will do well in the fight game a fight is just like running with someone hitting you while you run, just make sure you are hitting back more than getting hit.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#26)
Old
BenMcBen is on a distinguished road

Default 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Kickboy, which martial art? Is that Takewondo or Karate in your avatar-seems like TKW? I did both, enjoyed both(3 years on each) but I must say that the toughest to practice, with the sorest injuries, was Muay Thai/kick-boxing.......got some permanent damage from my 2 years in that.

Boxing and Muay Thai/kick boxing are very similar, in feel, except the latter has kicks, spinning punches etc....we trained in a boxing gym.

I do a bit of lets say bag work, and must say that the more I do, the harder I punch, and the faster. I practice with 14 ouncers on.

Good luck Tom, get throwing those punches and report back on your success!

Ben
(#27)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM

I study Tang Soo Do. TKD and TSD are similar in origin but TKD leans more toward Olympic Sport and TSD is a combat karate.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#28)
Old

Default 01-19-2008, 07:03 AM

my life goal since i was young has been to be a pro boxer lol

i no ye il probs never make it but whats wrong in having a try?nothing just gona train hard for these 2 years and then learn to box even tho i no the basics and the best pro fighter round my area is building a gym so that will me even better getting help of some1 who is alredy pro
(#29)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 01-19-2008, 07:16 AM

A good coach is the key.

(#30)
Old

Default 01-19-2008, 11:45 AM

ye this guy is hes pro champ of area and he is amazin coach aparently
(#31)
Old

Default 01-20-2008, 07:46 AM

so when i get myself fit and start training harder i will do
morning before school :
100situps
100pressups
100pullups
30mins skipping
20min speedball

night time after been gym:

200pressups
200situps
200pullups
45mins skipping
30mins speed bag
(#32)
Old

Default 01-20-2008, 07:47 AM

and il do that evryday i shud be fit in a few months then i can get started on them get stronger and faster
(#33)
Old

Default 01-20-2008, 07:50 AM

once im fit il be doin
morning before school :
100situps
100pressups
100pullups
30mins skipping
20min speedball

200pressups
200situps
200pullups
45mins skipping
30mins speed bag

and increasing it over a period of time wen im on holiday wont be able do all of the exercise so il run for 1 hour in mornin 1 hour at night
(#34)
Old

Default 02-19-2008, 02:50 AM

hey guys lookin for a good boxing training program to get me fit im going to work on it for around 1 year and a half then goin boxing gym any1 no a good routine 5days or 7 days a week just say mainly need work on fitness atm
(#35)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 02-19-2008, 06:48 AM

once im fit il be doin
morning before school :
100situps
100pressups
100pullups
30mins skipping
20min speedball

200pressups
200situps
200pullups
45mins skipping
30mins speed bag

and increasing it over a period of time wen im on holiday wont be able do all of the exercise so il run for 1 hour in mornin 1 hour at night

How fit are you now Tom, if you can do this workout you are a true beast right now.
Give us you height, weight , and age.