IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page For all of you MMA training fighters.
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

For all of you MMA training fighters.
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default For all of you MMA training fighters. - 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM

http://www.throwdown.com/

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 12-23-2007, 04:50 PM

very nice site a good 1
(#3)
Old
ericjones80 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-26-2007, 04:23 PM

great site! thanks
(#4)
Old
Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold

Default 02-19-2008, 10:08 PM

www.lockflow.com
www.submissions101.com

two of the best submission grappling sites I've seen.
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM

where the hell have you been.

(#6)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-20-2008, 05:54 AM

Cool sites guys, I think this letter is very interesting.

Fedor's Letter to Dana White
Posted by Charles Pearson

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:00 pm

Fedor Emelianenko

The Following statement from Fedor was posted on the M1Mixfight website at http://www.m1mixfight.com/news/2008/...nt-Dana-White/

"Fedorís official open letter to the UFC president Dana WhitePublish date: February, 9, 2008
Fedor Emelianenko on Dana White's statements and Randy ĎThe Naturalí Couture

Numerous times have I read mister Whiteís statements on Internet concerning myself. In my opinion, allowing yourself to say those things is not a sign of a gentleman or a grown man at all! If he candidly wants to prove himself right then let my fight with Randy happen or let me face the reigning UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In the future I wouldnít want to hear those statements in my address ever again and I wonít tolerate that.

My last fight in Japan proved that Iím ready to fight anybody with any height advantage, skillset or experience. I have fought and still wish to fight the best athletes. The Randy fight is my goal number one right now, heís a great fighter and this is a very unfortunate situation when too strict and one-sided UFC contracts donít let this fight happen.

The whole world is eager to see me fight your champions, people donít want to listen to your press-conferences. Iím signed with M-1 Global and this promotion is ready to organize such fights under our banner or in co-promoted events."

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#7)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-20-2008, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
where the hell have you been.
Maverick

Didn't you get married a while back. Let us know how you are doing, and good to hear from you.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#8)
Old
Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold Maverick is a splendid one to behold

Default 02-20-2008, 09:47 AM

To be incredibly vague, I was re-prioritizing some stuff in my life and realized I was spending way too much time on internet discussion forums. So don't be offended fellas, I disappeared from not just here but pretty much any forum for a while there.

Yep, got married and started training MMA about 5 months ago. The weight training has taken a back seat since I'm doing MMA 4-5 days a week, my recovery simply couldn't keep up with it. The training is very intense, heavily oriented towards conditioning and being a compete fighter. Long-range and inside striking, BJJ, Judo, wrestling, tons of conditioning drills, and live sparring on the weekends. For someone with no martial arts background, it has been tough, but its nice to feel more dangerous on a daily basis . I'm actually going to Ohio this weekend to go to the "Cage of Chaos" event where a number of guys from my team are fighting. Should be fun.

I'll try to be less of a ghost of illpumpyouup.com past from now on
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM

No offense taken we just were wondering what happened to ya. Life comes first that is for sure. Glad to see you back and doing the MMA.

(#10)
Old
Hart18 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Hart18
Default 03-10-2008, 02:59 PM

Yeah man I know how that goes with the lifting taking a backseat. When I was in the Marines we have our own MMA type of training called MCMAP. Its pretty intense and takes alot out of you. I lost alot of muscle mass but my stamina was way up. At least its still a good workout.
(#11)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Default 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM

im thinking of doing some mma, is there anyone on the site who has competed at all?i just have a few questions

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
(#12)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM

I have spent time on the mat and I will try to help with your questions. Just let me know what they are.