IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page track season in the spring
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

track season in the spring
(#1)
Old
lucretiamottcuh is on a distinguished road

Exclamation track season in the spring - 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM

so i'm doing my first season of high school track this year
i'll be doing the discuss and shotput mostly
i'm just checkin' to see if anyone knows anything i can do to like...get my body in shape, cut down, but build muscle at the same time without having to hit the gym? and working between school?
i'll probably start running a few times a week. i'll definetly be shooting some hoops in my driveway for an hour or two a few times as well. i'll start on my crunches and push ups as well. but anything else i can do?
any advice is appreciated!
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-23-2007, 12:04 PM

If you want to suceed especially in the shot put and discus it is going to be hard not to hit the gym. this is where your strength and speed will come from.

there are some basic movements you can do to help increase your speed and strength.
Power Cleans
Deadlifts.

These two can be done to help overall body strength.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
BGRIM is on a distinguished road

Default 01-22-2008, 04:33 PM

if your going to throw disc and shot you have to lift weights if you want to be successful especially upper body!!