IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page wrestling season,and off season prepping
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

wrestling season,and off season prepping
(#1)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Post wrestling season,and off season prepping - 12-14-2007, 06:46 PM

a few of the wrestlers have been asking me what type of training and diet i used on and off season, and how i would cut my weight so i told them come check out the site and i would start putting up some wrestling stuff.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
(#2)
Old

Default 12-14-2007, 06:54 PM

cardio- cardio is the most important thing for the sport of wrestling,although practices can be hell its even more important to do a min of 2-3 miles of running hard when you wake up and before you go to bed.

weight training- power excercises are very important. the deadlift is the #1 weight training excerice for wrestling. i cant stress enough how NESSICARY it is.another good move is the clean and jerk.One time i was at a ken chertow(multiple olympic gold medalist)and he was talking about the way the japanise olympic wrestlers trained for the sport, they would literally for 4 hours a day lift each other in a deadlift, good morning,squat,lunges, etc. so dont think that weights are completely the end all catch all.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
CUTTING WEIGHT
(#3)
Old

Default CUTTING WEIGHT - 12-14-2007, 07:02 PM

this is a very big part of wrestling, and also a very touchy subject.all cutting weight is dangerous and bad,but the main thing is to win.

tips when cutting weight
1.usually tournaments are on weekends, and duels are late in the week so try to mildly replenish your body and give it a little rest early in the week

2.as i said before practice is hell for all teams, but if your cutting weight you should do lots and lots and lots of running and drilling.dont underestimate a hard drilling session, you can loose a whole lot of water weight while improving on your skill level.also your muscle memory will get used to training when your body is lacking so dont try to yo-yo your weight too much.(run with the all the clothes youhave) i ran with about 15 layers and the weight went quick.

3.there are many cutting weight diets but from what i've seen is that eating a small breakfast and a small snack for dinner is just enough for me,you should ajust to your own needs tho. water is so so important, but i know when your close to the weight you need to be you gotta loose it. wait untill the last day to stop drinking, whats good is swiching water around in your mouth, it fools your body thinking that you drank something.salad shoud be your friend,its about the heaviest thing you will eat during the season.

4.spitting, if your close and the tourny or duel starts soon , time to spit. get a few peices of gum in your mouth and run hard! run around the room and everytime you pass the trashcan spit.

5. dont take laxitives or diruetics, mabe the water pills if your under supervision but be careful, your alreaddy putting harm to your body.

ex of what i did in season:
5:00- run 3-4 miles

6:00- glass of water, food depends on the day

11:00- varsity wrestling period(lost alot of weight)

12:00-mabe water depends on the day,mabe some food

2:30-practice(average loss of 8-10 lbs of water weight)

5:15-glass of water depending, arganine with or without water

5:30-weights

6:30-mabe dinner, mabe sprints

9:00-run 5-? miles till i got closer to the weight i need to be

- henry rollins

Last edited by teenbodybuilder0102; 12-14-2007 at 07:29 PM.
(#4)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 12-16-2007, 12:48 PM

power training and weight control is where its at. i never had to lose more then 10 lbs at any time during the season.
training for power is pretty much all the kind of weight training we did.bench,squats,deadlifts,chute sprints,fireman walks.
the years of wrestling i wrestled between 105 and 132,when i never weighed over 125.
i loved every minute of it.

Controlled labs supps.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM

i love the sport and hate it at the same time, im wanting to mabe go back to it next year and try to make it to state but im not on my ex-coaches good side anymore so im guessing that thats not gonna happen. i averaged a cut of about 10-20 lbs last year and ill agree with anyone who said its not a safe practice,i passed out 3 times from being dehydrated.

- henry rollins
(#6)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 12-16-2007, 06:33 PM

we had a pretty good team, 2 state champs,160 weight class and 189. i won tri-county 3 times.our coach was a madman. my second season he decided to weed out the slackers on the second day and there was alot of puke and passing out for everyone and by the end of the day it was the old team and 2 other guys, i think we lost like 10 guys that day.

Controlled labs supps.
(#7)
Old

Default 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM

lol sounds like my old coach, he always makes the first practice easy whenever someone new comes. but the second day is just hell on earth

- henry rollins