IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Stacking question
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Stacking question
(#1)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default Stacking question - 09-10-2013, 07:09 PM

Ok, I am posting this simply to find out if it is possible or recommendations for other stacks. This is kind of directed at Mac and Mek, but all are welcomed to put there two cents in.

Is it ok/safe to stack the following dymatyze products:

Acetyl L-carnitine
Dyma-burn xtreme with razz ketones
CLA tonalin

I also use a pre workout:
PreWrek by Swole sports nutrition

Can I use them with my pre-workout or is that pushing the limits or overloading on too much of something? Want to do the challenge for myself, may or may not enter it. Not entirely sure yet but want to try and start cutting out hard this coming month.
(#2)
Old

Default 09-11-2013, 05:03 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I was just thinking. How will this affect my lean muscle mass? Will I lose any? because I don't think that would be bueno
(#3)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM

I don't see any areas of concern with that stack. Only need to be mindful that Dyma-burn has L-carnitine in it and PreWrek has Raspberry ketones in it.

Their not excessive amounts but just be sure to monitor how you body responds.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emekajokammor For This Useful Post:
bb12 (10-01-2013)
(#4)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 09-11-2013, 09:31 AM

I don't see any areas of concern with that stack. Only need to be mindful that Dyma-burn has L-carnitine in it and PreWrek has Raspberry ketones in it.

Their not excessive amounts but just be sure to monitor how you body responds.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#5)
Old

Default 09-11-2013, 09:42 AM

Thanks Mek, gonna go ahead and make the purchase then. You hit my concerns right on the head.
(#6)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Deep breath! I'm going to cut into you a bit, but hopefully what follows next helps you.

You're all over the place. You need to revise the basics. At your stage you need nothing more than:

1) A solid diet.
2) A solid training program.
3) Be willing to pay your dues and put the time in.

You've already said it yourself before; you've heard a million and one things from a million and one different sources and they all contradict themselves. This is the reason you are in the spot you are in and also why you are doing what most novice trainees do and that is run and out and buy things, when you probably don't fully understand what they are.

Right you're going to listen to me now. Because I'm a neutral and I'm not selling you anything. I'm also a guy who's made countless mistakes and learned from them.

I'm just going to make a few suggestions; (From personal experience and from what I've seen from other people).

Training wise, focus on compounds. Do you know how many guys I've met, who don't make insane muscle and strength gains just doing; Deadlifts, Squats, Bench, Dips, Pull ups, Rows and Overhead press? I'll tell you; none of them. Even the guys who have trained for years, switch to a basic program and make insane gains.

Stronglifts 5x5 is quite possibly one of the best programs I have come across. I've tried it, it works and it works well. Even better, if you keep the sets heavy and with short breaks in between.

You have been training for just a year correct? Why not try full body workouts? A typical workout might be:-

Squats.
Deadlifts.
Bench.
Wide grip pull ups.
Standing press.

Say five or six sets on each? Adding weight to the bar each set and working within a comfortable rep range; 5-10.

If you do that two or three times a week and walk to work instead of driving, I'll put my last quid on you making muscle and strength gains very, very quickly.

Muscle gain is also largely dependent on hormones. Doing the right exercises and eating the right foods, sleeping plenty and keeping stress to a minimum will give you the best results in your return. The results will be More powerful than any off the counter supplement; trust me!

Now, it sounds like you're going for an all round transformation, correct? So you want a bit of everything, yes? Can I offer you my recommendation? Cool!

1) A Solid training program. A few suggestions; Stronglifts 5x5, Wendler's 5/3/1, Westside, or even a bodyweight program; Check out Al Kavadlo's YouTube channel. Another good channel is Elliot Hulse's channel - Now he actually knows what he's talking about!

2) Diet. May I suggest a Lean gains approach? Or Carb nite (Check Mac's sticky for more) I've know guys to make insane gains on these diets. you're not cramming carbs in all day. You eat your carbs at sensible times and at times were the body will utilise them better. And your leptin won't be all screwed up.

3) Don't take any supplements, until you know Why you are taking it. What it does for you and if you believe it's worth your while.

The only supplements I personally take are a couple of high strength B complex capsules and some Ascorbic acid. I also dabble from time to time in nootropics, purely for fun.

If you need anything at all, just ask. I can link you to all the things I have mentioned, so you can have a read up for yourself; just give me a shout.

Oh and CLA and raspberry ketone's are shit. Just go on low carb. It's safer, better for you health, better for your pocket and you can get away with eating a little bit more.

And unless you have some kind of degenerative disease (Which I doubt) then you probably aren't going to be losing muscle. In fact I'm sure you won't.
(#7)
Old

Default 09-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Ben, I think, right?

I love this post, honestly, I do. I have done some reading and that's why I posted the thread to get some ok's from the place I trust. I also would like to talk to you more about this. I am however 2/3 through a program and had another one lined up to do. I will be in touch to talk to you more about this when I do finish my current program.
(#8)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-12-2013, 03:16 PM

Yes! Well spotted; you must of watched my deadlift video? That's the only place I remember my name being mentioned on here...

Sure thing fruit gum, give me a shout whenever you want; either on this thread or on your training journal or whatever.... I check most threads anyway. I'm pretty active on here at the moment.
(#9)
Old

Default 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM

Yea it was the deadlift video, which was pretty clean.

I will def. Seek your guidance when I go through my change of routine in a few weeks.
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM

I second Mek's post. He's a standup guy.

As for your concern about lean muscle mass...Watch the preview for Generation Iron. I think it's Phil Heath that says it; "We're able to do something that 99.8 percent on the people on earth can't do, which is lose fat and gain muscle at the same time."

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#11)
Old

Default 09-19-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
I second Mek's post. He's a standup guy.

As for your concern about lean muscle mass...Watch the preview for Generation Iron. I think it's Phil Heath that says it; "We're able to do something that 99.8 percent on the people on earth can't do, which is lose fat and gain muscle at the same time."
Ouija, I got my order of the supplements I mentioned in this thread earlier and it brought me to think about the post you made, and in reading around here, although you aren't in the bodybuilding mode so much anymore...you come off as very knowledgeable about supps.

I have been doing P90X for the past few months, have 3 1/2 weeks left to finish the program 100%. I know it's not deadlifting 300 lbs. Or hitting 260 on the bench, so I hope you guys don't judge me over it. I'm pretty sure nobody does, but I just wanted to be clear. I also did the insanity program 2 times through before starting P90X, but was forced to restart due to an injury. Anyway, I got off in a rant there...here's the point.

I've read alot that people have Gone from my current program to insanity to try and cut some more, which is what I was thinking of doing so I can completely just shred out and look like a rock with my shirt off. In my research I chose the dymatyze stack they recommend for the do you even shred challenge.I had to sub the CLA tonalin for allmax's CLA because of it being out of stock. I want to gain more muscle in the chest,arms,and back while cutting it up at the same time. I know that's hopeful, but I would be satisfied to just cut and go back to build more muscle after the fact, and I have gotten awesome results in the quads,hamstrings, and calf's

I was hoping to get an opinion on this from all, so here it goes. Should I just run another set of the P90X to continue to focus on building muscle while burning some fat or just go ahead and do the intense 2 month cardio cycle and roll the dice. Being a stay at home dad kind of prevents me from being able to get to the gym religiously until the next school year starts and the weights I have at home only go so far. Thanks for reading guys, looking forward to the suggestions / comments

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-19-2013, 05:14 PM

P90X and the like really aren't made for building muscle, especially not repeated runs of it. It's definitely more for cutting fat and "toning" up.

It is impossible for somebody NOT using steroids to build muscle and lose fat. Building muscle requires a caloric surplus, cutting fat requires a caloric deficit. That said, running p90 or the like over and over will not give you different results every time.

There is hope though! There are guys in prison with no access to weights, fancy food, or supplements, yet still manage to build muscular physiques. Even a few simple sets of dumbbells or barbell set at home can allow you to work every part of your body, you just have to get a little creative with your workouts. When it comes to at home, improvising is king. Search around for at home workouts, there are a few threads on this site where guys were asking for routines at home with just very basic stuff that I and a few others offered good suggestions on.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ouija For This Useful Post:
emekajokammor (09-24-2013)
(#13)
Old

Default 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM

That's kind of what I figurEd, but I wasn't sure. Thanks alot for the input

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#14)
Old

Default 09-23-2013, 12:55 PM

So I have another question about the supplements I asked about in this thread. More of an observation. I officially started taking all of the above supps together this morning. What I observed today was this.

First thing this am before breakfast ( I fast until morning workout is done )
1 scoop of prewrek
1 Dyma-burn xtreme capsule

Post workout:
1 CLA capsule
1 L-carnitine capsule

And before lunch I took all three capsules, still have to take another CLA later on today but that's how the directions say to take it.

I felt awesome during my workout, but I didn't seem to sweat as much as with just 2 scoops of prewrek, and I played a couple games of basketball with my neighbor and roomate before lunch. Got a dEcent sweat on and I still feel energetic, but not jittery. Am I reading into this too much or what?

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Just take note of what your feeling everyday. Write it down or whatever you need to do, then after a month take note of any trends and adjust from there (if needed)

(#16)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 09-24-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
... improvising is king.
So very true.

I have some sand weights, a bar, and an exercise ball at home and all it takes is a little improvising and creativity and you can achieve a great workout.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#17)
Old

Default 10-01-2013, 05:54 PM

So I thought I would update this thread, it's been a week since I started this stack...a little over maybe.

I've upped the Dyma-burn xtreme to 2 caps 2x a day and followed the suggested dose for everything else. Mixed with a scoop of prewrek pre workout in the am and I get some serious focus and a crazy sweat/pump going on. It doesn't make me jittery or anything like that which is appreciated because I have a hard time sitting still as it is. Have noticed that I seem to be burning more bodyfat in areas, like the chest and belly. The target is to get the abs showing within the next few weeks, problem is I'm going to be finishing my program in a week and a half and startng a stritch cardio program for the next 60 days to see how low I can get my bf%.

Can't say it's curbed my appetite too much tho, still want to eat like an animal all day, and I've cheated with a few pumpkin cookies and a bag of pretzels but overall I'm satisfied so far, hope it keeps going well.

On a side note, thinking as I post this I haven't decided if I am gonna go straight cardio or just run through my current program again with more intense cardio on the scheduled cardio days...any thoughts?

(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 10-07-2013, 11:16 PM

I was big on stacks, shakes and all the crap "THEY" want you to buy in lifting. Yeah I saw results and progressed but I ate the food I needed to and tracked my gym sessions.

In short - pick up heavy things, set them down and EAT EAT EAT! Keep an eye on your BF % and make sure you are getting stronger. In my experience the strength is noticeable before the muscle gains.. if you hit a period where you arnt progressing go back through your regiment and make changes.. take and extra rest day, add another meal, add extra carido depending on what your goals are.. Try to track and again trial and error + dedication is key!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#19)
Old

Default 10-08-2013, 05:58 AM

Woah, look at this guy popping in it of the blue! Nice to see you beef!