IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Good jump start Supps
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Good jump start Supps
(#1)
Old
Mogley is on a distinguished road

Default Good jump start Supps - 01-22-2012, 06:02 PM

Hey guys I just joined. I have lifted weights on a regular basis since I was 16 playing football. I have been slacking like crazy and need to know what would be some good supps to help me kick start and get back to where i was.
(#2)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 01-22-2012, 08:35 PM

Well what are you looking for? Muscle building, fat loss

OFWGKTA
(#3)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Well what are you looking for? Muscle building, fat loss
X2

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM

Good question from Shawn D, but that said good basics are:

Muti-vitamin
Whey protein
Preworkout & Creatine
And a solid diet.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
Mogley is on a distinguished road

Default 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM

I am looking for muscle building. I have the basics multi vits, pre-workout, and protein. but i didnt know if there are any good supps out there that will give me a good boost.
(#6)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 01-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Ever thought about steroids? Heard there great! Haha jk but in my opinion it sounds like your pretty good what multi and pre are you using and maybe throw bcaas in there but its not a necessity

OFWGKTA
(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogley View Post
I am looking for muscle building. I have the basics multi vits, pre-workout, and protein. but i didnt know if there are any good supps out there that will give me a good boost.
Here is the key. If you don't have these....no supplement will help.

-Solid workout routine
-Solid diet
-Sufficient rest/sleep

And last but definitely not least...the most important is:
-Consistency (applies to all 3 above)

Now, you may have all of that, but not sure. Supplements are just tweaks....nothing more. It's a tweak IF you have those other things nailed down. There are no magic pills that trump desire.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#8)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM

Rick nailed it on the head! Diet, training, recovery must be in order for supplements to work. Don't rely on supplements alone to build muscle.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#9)
Old
- Freak On Wheels! -
AA EFX
Rich Knapp is on a distinguished road

Default 02-02-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Here is the key. If you don't have these....no supplement will help.

-Solid workout routine
-Solid diet
-Sufficient rest/sleep

And last but definitely not least...the most important is:
-Consistency (applies to all 3 above)

Now, you may have all of that, but not sure. Supplements are just tweaks....nothing more. It's a tweak IF you have those other things nailed down. There are no magic pills that trump desire.

First Tested Natural Wheelchair Pro in History

*-* 3DMJ Sponsored Athlete*-*

----NEVER THINK YOU ARE PERFECT, IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT IMPROVE.----

---------Judge yourself not just admire whats there.----------
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 02-02-2012, 01:52 PM

How old are you now?
(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-02-2012, 03:46 PM

all good advice.

building quality muscle also means eating good too and alot. But not just putting anything into your mouth.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#12)
Old
Ontime is on a distinguished road

Default 02-29-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Ever thought about steroids? Heard there great! Haha jk but in my opinion it sounds like your pretty good what multi and pre are you using and maybe throw bcaas in there but its not a necessity
ha ha they are great! One just needs to know the do's and dont's regarding them thats all. I find it perplexing that they are demonized so much. I also find i perplexing that the majority of the population watches tv commericals regarding them without doing there own research. Nothing wrong with testosterone and nothing wrong with deca durabolin and nothing wrong with dianabol and CERTAINLY nothing wrong with HGH and the LEGAL peptides that are designed to "break off" part of the 191 amino acids. To much demonization about them and not enough non bias intellect being shown to the bodybuilding community. I must add this as well, when i was here in 05 we had a anabolics section and today 7 years later I see no such thing? Are we afraid of the gov and find them more powerful then life extension? Just my 2 cents.

I am not a doctor and I have not had any traditional training. I am a person with information that other people have studied and proven to be effective and wrote in books. I just pass that information on to you.

Rest in Peace Nandi

SECURE EMAIL
Ontime34@safe-mail.net
Forum MOD at CUTTINGEDGEMUSCLE.COM Global MOD at MUSCLEFORUMUSA.COM I'm an old vet so tred lightly.
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontime View Post
ha ha they are great! One just needs to know the do's and dont's regarding them thats all. I find it perplexing that they are demonized so much. I also find i perplexing that the majority of the population watches tv commericals regarding them without doing there own research. Nothing wrong with testosterone and nothing wrong with deca durabolin and nothing wrong with dianabol and CERTAINLY nothing wrong with HGH and the LEGAL peptides that are designed to "break off" part of the 191 amino acids. To much demonization about them and not enough non bias intellect being shown to the bodybuilding community. I must add this as well, when i was here in 05 we had a anabolics section and today 7 years later I see no such thing? Are we afraid of the gov and find them more powerful then life extension? Just my 2 cents.
I really miss the old anabolic section. I used to creep the hell outta those threads. There are still some good AAS boards out there. Closest on here is the PH section...which these days are merely one run designer steroids...very very good ones at that.

I agree though, too much crap misinformation from "baseball fans" in the gov...

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#14)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-02-2012, 12:08 AM

The AAS section was the reason the board was so popular back in it's heyday. Not that many people are interested in going online and posting about natty stuff and OTC supplements.

Hell aas was reason I first came to ipyu's forum. And Jordan and omaha helped me with my first cycle.
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
The AAS section was the reason the board was so popular back in it's heyday. Not that many people are interested in going online and posting about natty stuff and OTC supplements.

Hell aas was reason I first came to ipyu's forum. And Jordan and omaha helped me with my first cycle.
Nothing against natty and OTC stuff...but $ for $...better of gearing up in some form or another.

I mean, any OTC supps, average "stack" runs what, 3 or 4 products at 30$ per...for 120$ you can run a 6 weeker with SERM and supports and gain 10lbs stead of 1 lol

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#16)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Nothing against natty and OTC stuff...but $ for $...better of gearing up in some form or another.

I mean, any OTC supps, average "stack" runs what, 3 or 4 products at 30$ per...for 120$ you can run a 6 weeker with SERM and supports and gain 10lbs stead of 1 lol
The difference being if you gain the 1, you'll probably keep the 1. But the other....you know. LOL! I'm not against AAS at all....only those that use and claim "natural".

yep
(#17)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default yep - 03-02-2012, 04:55 PM

they are demonized I have no problems with people doing whatever....but without a solid base most guys lose their gains. OTC isn't bad if you shop around and get some solid stuff...$120 is still cheaper than what stuff was selling for in the 90's early 2000's. The problem with most of it is guys get on they want to tell the world they're geared up they end up getting their supplier popped usually finding some one you can trust and another solid source is done after that.

I learned from a little black and white publication guys would pass around just to learn what to do...that or you got a quick lesson from a friend or if you were really lucky an IFFBB Pro who sold back then to make extra money would tell you what you had to do!

It should be a persons choice as much as smoking is if they want to do that because check ups blood test should be done for safety's sake if you decide that's the road you want to take.

I don't judge. Just be honest with yourself because hard work is required no matter what your choice is.

Bigmix

Last edited by Bigmix; 03-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.
(#18)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Good jump start supps...a good pre-workout, protien and good ol' creatine Mono...if you really want to get cheap black coffee works in the am for workouts....back in the day gyms had coffee pots just for that! I'll drink it some workouts...like today.

Bigmix