IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Donating Plasma
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Donating Plasma
(#1)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default Donating Plasma - 11-03-2011, 12:38 PM

Im flat out broke! Lol. Im bringing in just enough money to pay my bills, and thats pushing it really close. There is a plasma center here in town and I was thinking about donating some plasma to make extra cash. The only thing im concerned with is if it will alter my training and gains. I did some research and they say it only takes 24 hours to regenerate plasma, allowing you to donate twice a week. I think if I kept my diet spot on and increased my intake of BCAA's and water that I would be fine. Have any of you ever donated plasma? Could you tell a difference in your training?

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Can't you just donate your man-goo?

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old
AX

Default 11-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Trust me, if there was a place in town for that I would! I have donated blood before and it never made me feel dizzy or anything. I felt completely fine. So im thinking with donating the plasma it wont have any effect on me since they just seperate the plasma out of the blood and then push the blood back in your body.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#4)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM

I have and I got sick for a week after that. Never again will I donate because of that. But for the workout they say not to lift anything for 48 hours after, I worked out 3 hours after and I felt like shit and had a terrible lift. So maybe its just me but i dunno
(#5)
Old
AX

Default 11-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Well F. I guess this is just going to have to be a trial and error type thing. Lol.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Based on 1 time of getting sick could very easily be a coincidence. I knew I guy that did it every chance he got and never got sick. He wasn't a bodybuilder, but was in good shape.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 11-03-2011, 05:06 PM

And here seems to be a good link on such:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/donat...e-effects.html

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#8)
Old
AX

Default 11-03-2011, 05:19 PM

Thanks Rick! The side effects dont concern me. I had most of those symptoms everyday for over a year when I had post concussion syndrome, so it doesnt bother me that much. I have a cold im fighting right now but once it passes im going to make my way down to the plasma center and donate. Im not sure if I will do it twice a week though, guess I will just wait and see if it has any effect on my training.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#9)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 11-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Sign me up. I'm a few months away from living in the gutter.

I tried sperm donations. They said I wasn't tall enough and didn't have enough secondary education
(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 11-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post

I tried sperm donations. They said I wasn't tall enough and didn't have enough secondary education
Say "Tell all those chicks I've donated to already then!"

and WTF does secondary education have to do with anything sperm related???? That's f*ing stupid. The person that came up with that didn't have enough secondary education!!!

Sorry back on track

(#11)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-03-2011, 09:23 PM

as long as your not over doing it and maybe keep it to twice at the most a month there should be no problem because Plasma is the serum part of the blood or red blood cells so to speak your white blood cells and platelets are returned so you can still fight off infections .

The best thing to do is take in a extra meal and I've always heard good red meat helps replenish red blood cells

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-03-2011, 09:23 PM

You gotta be freaking kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post

(#13)
Old
AX

Default 11-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Thanks Mac! I will definitely be taking in more water and at least another meal. Was thinking about having some Real Gains directly after donating. Probably wont happen till next week though.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#14)
Old
AX

Default 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM

Not enough secondary education? Thats a bunch of crap. I know plenty of people getting their "secondary education" who probably shouldnt donate at all. Lol.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#15)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 11-03-2011, 11:06 PM

I understand, if I was a female trying to reproduce with the best possible candidate. I'd want a 6'3 brain surgeon too.
Didn't hurt my feelings, besides my height: I think I'm alpha male.
(#16)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM

Your definitely Alpha male that is just sperm discrimination

(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 11-05-2011, 07:06 PM

lolol dorks! the whole lot of you!!!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal