IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Dieting with ailments
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

Dieting with ailments
(#1)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Default Dieting with ailments - 05-21-2016, 01:39 PM

Hey IPYU crew...i've been a member on this forum for quite a while now, and i'm glad to see some of the same friendly faces on here, who i've had the pleasure of learning so much from over the years. Had a couple questions that I wanted to bounce off some of you knowledgeable folk on here.

The past few years i've been training on/off, and its becoming less frequent in recent times. I've had numerous injuries which include a degenerative shoulder with chronic tendenosis/bursitus, and a slight tear. Also i've had prob 5-6 other injuries training PROPERLY, and very meticulously the past year or so. Recently I saw one of my doctors, and they realized I have a severe and chronic case of Gout in my body...and the inflamation/pain this dietery/herititary ailment has brings me makes sence finally as to why i'm ALWAYS sore/hurting in joints that have no reason to hurt.

My question: Do any of you fellow fitness fanatics also deal with gout, or have to follow a restrictive diet for any reason? Also how do y'all consume the nutrients you need to train hard without agitating things. I've noticed red meat, and even more so BEER are the two things that REALLY make my joints hurt. Any diet advise? I'm currently in prob close the worst shape i've been in my whole life, but luckily muscle memory has always been a great friend of mine.

Current stats:
24 years old
5''8
207 lbs
18% body fat ESTIMATED

Goal:
10% walk around bf percentage

Thanks,
Brett

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins