IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Athletic Edge Nutrition
Reload this Page Presurge Unleashed Grape bubblegum Log
Athletic Edge Nutrition Discuss or Log Athletic Edge Nutrition's products

Presurge Unleashed Grape bubblegum Log
(#1)
Old
kapooti is on a distinguished road

Default Presurge Unleashed Grape bubblegum Log - 07-10-2012, 01:57 PM

hey everybody, I'm doin a mini-log for Presurge Unleashed,as the title indicates. I just got the trial size in the mail and its grape bubble gum flavor so sounds good. I'll be logging my next 5 workouts on it. Here we go!
(#2)
Old

Default 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM

first day of presurge.I rarely take time off from the gym but I went out of town for a week (4th of July) and got used to being lazy and sleeping in.

Squats:[warm up] 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 315 x 5 [working sets] 335 x 3, 355 x 3, 365 x 3
Bench: [warm up] 135 x 10, 185 x 5, 225 x 5 [working sets] 245 x 3, 265 x 3, 275 x 3

-lifts felt real good, usually go heavier but decided to scale back just a tad to get back into swing of things-

bench lockouts(from about halfway): 275 x 3, 295 x 3, 315 x 1
front squats:135 x 8, 185 x 8, 225 x 8
incline bench:135 x 10, 185 x 6, 155 x 10, 135 x 12
little bit of tricep extension work.

so i mainly was hitting compound lifts to get a good workout in cause after a week off i literally want to workout everything.
i didnt push myself as far as usual ( final squat and bench sets wer about 10 lbs lighter than my usual 3 rep set) just to get back into the workout feel.

notes
I was feeling vacation jetlag so an energy boost was just what I needed. I took 1 scoop of Presurge Unleashed about 30 mins before hitting the gym and I felt great. I was in there for about an hour and a half( usually don't go longer than an hour) and I feel like I could'le kept going. Recovering between sets was good.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapooti View Post
hey everybody, I'm doin a mini-log for Presurge Unleashed,as the title indicates. I just got the trial size in the mail and its grape bubble gum flavor so sounds good. I'll be logging my next 5 workouts on it. Here we go!
Cool deal! Subbed!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-10-2012, 03:41 PM

Looking forward to seeing the results from this.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old

Default 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Day 2. Had an iffy night of sleep but I got back/shoulds today, so let's get it. One scoop of Presurge 30 mins prior.

[warm up] couple sets face-pulls and rear delt machine to get back muscles stimulated.

deadlifts: warm up sets.[working sets] 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 365 x 3(belt), 385 x 1(straps,no belt)
notes:last rep of 365 felt like i rounded back, decided to just hit a good form single instead of another triple. good form, felt great.

barball rows : 135 x 12,3sets
seated military press: 135 x 6, 3 sets
lateral raises: 20 x 12, 25 x 10, 30 x 8, 25 x 12
DB shrugs : 100 x 12, 90 x 12, 80 x 12
cable reverse flies: 3 sets of 10-12
machine rows : burn out set

notes:
wanted to do everything today but I focused more on back with a little bit of shoulder stuff. I hit shoulders twice a week so I kept the volume low. I also have a second back day where I emphasize lats more, for those wondering where my lat work is. Great energy today considering low sleep and the amount of volume today.
(#6)
Old

Default 07-12-2012, 12:37 PM

day 3. This is what I consider my rest day, but that just means I'm not going heavy really and hit random stuff. I don't really take days off.

went with a scoop and a half of PreSurge today!

[warmup sets] dumbell curls
db hammer curls: 40 x 10, 50 x 10, 45 x 12
hanging leg raises: 3 sets of 8-10
preacher curls: 3 sets of 5-6 ( went kinda heavy)
cable crunches : 3 sets of 12
barbell curl : 3 sets of 10-12
decline bench sit-ups : 3 sets 12
sitting rope climb machine : 3 sets of 30 seconds

notes:
As you can see it was a pretty light day. Need to recoup for tomorrow's explosive workout. I haven't seen it at toomany gyms but the rope climb machine is great for grip, forearm, and biceps as well as conditioning. Energy was high and still had plenty left in the tank for my 2 mile walk to walmart and back afterwards.
(#7)
Old

Default 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM

day 4. Power/explosion performance day. 2 scoops of Presurge because it's going to be a taxing workout.

Plyometrics:
single leg hops onto small box: 3 sets of 8
box jump max height: 3 sets 3
depth jumps onto medium box: 3 sets 6

face-pulls: 3 sets of 12-15

power cleans:[warm up] 135 x 6 [work sets] 185 x 3, 225 x 1, 235 x 1, 245 x 1, 255 x 1, 225 x 3

explosive high-pulls : 135 x 8, 155 x 6, 135 x 8
shrugs: 225 for burnout

pullups: (wide) as many as possible(med) as many as possible (close) as many as possible. 3 sets.

3 HIIT style sprints around the track.

notes:
Today was my athletic performance day. So fun. I like to get a a good amount of explosive work in (plyos, cleans, high pulls, sprints) and throw in some back work too since that area gets hit anyways from the cleans. I've never stopped doing cleans since highschool where I excelled at them (285 PR) so i'd like to hit a new PR there by year's end. I had a minute rest between those singles.
(#8)
Old

Default 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM

day 5.

so saturday I like to do a good bodybuilding style shoulder workout and some cardio. I went a scoop and a half of PreSurge.

rear delt machine : 4 sets of 12
front raises, band pullaparts(superset) : 5 sets of 10-12, increase weight each set.

rear delt machine (heavy partial reps): 4 sets 8-10
*superset with*
db lateral raises: 4 sets 10-12 (weight increase each set)

laying down on low incline bench rear delt flies: 4 sets of 12 (15 lb db's for a pump)
*superset with*
machine shoulder press: 4 sets 12

cardio:swimming

notes:
I knew PreSurgegave me good energy for the gym but having switched up my rep range from low and heavy to higher and lighter I found out about a great knew benefit : the PUMP! My shoulders were BUSTIN after this workout, and I contribute it to the PreSurge, I had that sick shoulder cap look like I was wearin shoulder pads. It was awesome. I know figure to use this to my advantage to see how good a pump I can get in other muscle groups. stay tuned...

If your ass was off the bench or the bar didn't rest on your chest for a split second, YOU DIDN'T BENCH.

If you didn't drop to at least parallel, YOU DIDN'T SQUAT.

If your back was rounded, YOU DIDN'T DEADLIFT.
(#9)
Old

Default 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM

day 6. SQUAT DAY.

people were pissin me off today so I was lookin forward to killin it today. 2 scoops of PreSurge cause I'm out for the kill.

squats :[warm up] 135 x8, 225 x 5, 315 x 3
[work sets] 365 x 3, 375 x 3, 395 x 1

hanging leg raises to bar: 3 sets 10

front squats: 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 1, 285 x 1

high decline sit ups : 3 sets 12

heavy calf raises : 3 sets 15

-biceps-
kettlebell curls :3 sets 12
cable curls : 3 sets 12

notes:
hips were a little tight( the usually always are) and I don't get loose enough, eve after my warmup stuff, until the working sets. And they felt awesome. I had plenty in the tank, I'd go as far as to say I couldve hit the 395 for a triple if I wanted. but I should be there soon enough, no need to rush.

I decided to throw in some bicep stuff( cause everybody loves teh bicepz) to see if I got a good pump and sure enough it worked. The pythons were jacked, just from those 6 sets. PreSurge is great for strength building and bodybuilding purposes.

If your ass was off the bench or the bar didn't rest on your chest for a split second, YOU DIDN'T BENCH.

(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM

Good log keep it up. I'm definately reading this one.

(#11)
Old

Default 07-17-2012, 10:13 AM

day 7. Bench/ chest & tris.

about 2 scoops of PreSurge

bench: [warmup] bar x 12, 135 x 8, 185 x 5, 225 x 3
[work sets] 245 x 3, 265 x 3, 285 x 3

lockouts in smith machine(pins at half way): 285 x 3, 295 x 3, 315 x 3

incline barbell bench : 185 x 8, 185 x 6, 185 x 5
incline DB bench : 65 x 10, 65 x 12, 65 x 12

heavy tri extensions : 3 sets of 3-5
machine flys: 3 sets of 12
cable tri extensions : 2 sets 12

notes:
This workout was a little everywhere. Bench was good, I'm consistently hitting 285 for a triple but that third rep is always a grinder, so that's gonna be a slow progression. I usually do lockouts in a rack cause I dont like the fixed motion of the smith but it was a little crowded today with half squatters and other noobs. Then I just got some good volume in for chest and tri's.

(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM

Some great work going on in here! Great job!!!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#13)
Old

Default 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM

day 8. Back day. 1 1/2 scoops of PreSurge

deadlifts: [warm up] 135 x 5, 225 x 3, 275 x 3
-was feelin a knot or a tweak in lower back so i did some core and mobility stuff real quick-
[work sets] 315 x 3, 335 x 3, 365 x 1, 385 x 1, 365 x 3

kroc rows: 100's, 3 sets of 12

shrugs: 185 x 12, 205 x 12, 225 x 12

reverse db flys: 3 sets 12
-superset with-
db shrugs: 3 sets 8

back extension machine : 3 sets 12-15

machine rows: 4 sets 12

notes:
Deadlifts started a little weird, my lower back wasn't agreeing with me, i dont know if i slept wierd or it was from squats on monday. But I hit the 385 single with no belt, good form, and the 365 triple after was way better form than last week.So I'm improving there. Hopefully the numbers will get higher soon, I'll go for a 395 single next week. Not a PR but movin in the right direction.

(#14)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 07-18-2012, 07:11 PM

I'd separate those days (legs and back) more so your back has returned to full strength...if you can! But good pulls!

(#15)
Old

Default 07-18-2012, 10:47 PM

well schedule looks like this at the moment:

monday= squats/legs
tuesday=bench/ chest + tri
wed=deads/ back
thursday= miscellaneous (usually shoulders)
friday=cleans, explosive power work, sprints
sat= shoulders
sun= sprints

I figure a day inbetween each leg/posterior chain hitting workout is the best I can manage.

I've never had a set schedule though, it's always changing and this is just what I've settled into at the moment.

(#16)
Old

Default 07-19-2012, 12:01 PM

day 9. I'm surprised this trial size has lasted so long. 1 scoop of PreSurge today.
today is supposed to be a light/whatever day.

seated military press: 115 x 8, 135 x 6, 145 x 3, 155 x 3

[kettlebells]bicep curls: 20 x 12, 25 x 10, 25 x 10
-superset with-
[kettlebells]lateral raises: 20 x 12, 20 x 12, 20 x 12

preacher curls: 3 sets of 8

machine lateral raise: 3 sets 12

barbell curls: 3 sets 10

notes:
Only thing I really went heavy on was military press, and only for two sets, the rest of the stuff was just bodybuilding stuff as I rest up for my fun day tomorrow. Got good pumps from the high rep stuff again, good stuff.

(#17)
Old
E_P_C will become famous soon enough

Default 07-19-2012, 12:21 PM

Great job on the log

Athletic Edge Nutrition Representative

Our Products:

APE- Natural Test Booster/Performance Enhancer
LIV- Fat burner with Phospholean
PreSurge- New Pre Workout Formula

PM with any questions

>>> http://www.facebook.com/AthleticEdgeNutrition
(#18)
Old

Default 07-19-2012, 01:01 PM

thanks. Once I finish the trial, I'll post a full assessment.

(#19)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM

GOOD STUFF.

(#20)
Old

Default 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM

day 10. finished up the PreSurgetrial size. about 1 1/2 scoops.

*sigh, back still tweaked/ bugging me..but I stubbornly pushed through it*

plyos:
single leg hops onto small box: 3 sets of 8
box jump max height: 3 sets 3
depth jumps onto medium box: 3 sets 8

cleans: 135 x 5, 185 x 3, 225 x 1, 245 x 1, 255 x 1, 225 x 3
*I wanted to go hard on these today, go for 260 or 265, but my back really hindered me so I aimed to hit last weeks numbers. sucked*

pullups : wide for 6, mid for 6, close for 4 (3 sets of that)
close grip pulldowns : 3 sets 12

facepulls: 4 sets 12

rope-climb machine : 3 sets of 30 seconds

-couple sets of varied grip pullups around the gym-

4 HIIT style sprints around track

notes:
After the cleans put my in pain I just focused on hitting my back and grip a bit.I was angry that I couldn't go all out on cleans, but by the end of my workout it really wasn't hurting aymore so I was able to knock out some sprints. I'm gonna listen to my body and take it easy this weekend, hopefully I'll be good for a beast squat sesh on monday.