IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page how much Glutamine?
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

how much Glutamine?
(#1)
Old
TDwills is on a distinguished road

Default how much Glutamine? - 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM

guys,how much glutamine you take a day?
and what about Bcaa?
thanks for help
i train 2 x a day for 5 day so i make 10 trainings a day.
thanks
(#2)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM

I personally don't think that glutamine really helps, I get everything I need from my post workout shake. In the past I have used team beachbody's results and recovery formula and that seems to do just fine as far as sugars go.

I'd recommend using a pre workout before your second training session, but that's just me. There are other guys here that have alot more experience than I do. I think Roaringmad Mac is the goto guy for this one. Ouija, and Mek also could answer this better but I thought I would offer my two cents

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was your body. Get outta your head about it and just show up!"-Tony Horton
(#3)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 09-16-2013, 06:20 PM

Glutamine was given to alcoholics back in the 50's to cure them of their dependency. The reason being is that an alcoholics brain uses the alcohol as fuel; the glutamine worked as an alternative fuel source for the brain instead of the alcohol. The brain as well as the gut, use glutamine as a fuel source and for this reason, is also given to people who suffer from inflammatory bowel conditions.

Glutamine is a wonderful thing for general health, I'm going to start taking it again for the health benefits, but not for any muscle building benefit. I used to give an alcoholic friend a bottle of capsules and it worked very well, sometimes he needed a whole bottle, but it's entirely safe, you can't really overdose on glutamine. (If you can I haven't heard of it.)

Sorry I procrastinated away from your question there, but I wanted to post this somewhere so... Anyway, 5-10g of glutamine should do you. Don't worry about BCAA and why are you training twice a day?
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
and why are you training twice a day?
Ditto this question! You don't grow in the gym, you tear yourself down. Are you not getting enough time in each session?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

Last edited by RickB; 09-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.
(#5)
Old
jersmith is on a distinguished road

Default 01-31-2014, 04:10 AM

is it okay to add glutamine with protein ??

No outside links here please! - RickB

Last edited by jersmith; 02-01-2014 at 06:25 AM.
(#6)
Old
Dutchy90 is on a distinguished road

Default 02-02-2014, 06:33 PM

I'm no expert but I use to take glutamine with my protein, did for a while found no harm doing so.

From my knowledge and experience it's a very safe product. I've also come across company products that contain both protein and glutamine together.
(#7)
Old
getbigger11 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM

10-15 grams a day

I make videos on youtube http://youtube.com/keepitfire2