IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Back at it after 7 years!!!
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

Back at it after 7 years!!!
(#1)
Old
STR8RAZOR is on a distinguished road

Default Back at it after 7 years!!! - 09-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Today makes 1 week that i have been back on my Diet and workout Routine since graduating High School in 2006. I quit wrestling and playing football, and to say I let myself go is an understatement.

Now a little over 7 years later with a wife and a new baby I'm ready to get off of my lazy ass and get back in shape.

I am 6 feet 2 inches tall. same as I was in high school. I went from a solid 250lbs to now 7 years later 377lbs. 12hr overnight shifts at my desk job caught up with me before i knew it and hear i am.

Ill give you a brief synopsis of my routine and diet. Let me know what you think and as much advice/constructive criticisim that yall can throw at me will be greatly appreciated. Remember this is to cut, not eating to bulk at this time.

To start until i can get the first 50 lbs off im doing as follows;

WALK 60 MINS IN MORNING
PUSHUPS TO FAILURE
SITUPS, & CRUNCHES TO FAILURE
SQUATS TO FAILURE
DIPS TO FAILURE

As for diet Ill giveyou an average of intake per day for the 7 days:

Calories: 1425
Fat: 40g
Cholesterol: 298mg
Sodium: 1304mg
Potassium: 848mg
Carbs: 181g
Fiber: 30g
Protein: 77g
(#2)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 09-13-2013, 06:03 AM

Welcome back to the good life! Don't let anything sway you from getting in shape no matter what and you'll do fine.

Only two suggestions I have is this.

1: figure out your resting metabolism rate and try working your calorie intake a little, 1450 looks a little low

2: maybe try some spinning/exercise bike on top of or instead of the walking. You don't burn too many calories just walking.

Good luck and everyone here is awesome, so you should def. Get the help you need!
(#3)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM

Also, I'm fairly new at this as you may read in the forums. Do your research like my friend cra_training_zy says, and make sure you keep changing it up until you find what works. Everybody's body is different, so what works for one may not work for another.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-13-2013, 03:06 PM

I'm not a diet wizard by any means but 1400cal for a guy is seriously way too low. I wouldn't suggest anything under 2k. I would try to add a PM walk in too, even if it's not as long. Walk the dog, walk the kid, any reason works if you get it in.

Before you even get to hitting weights, after 7 years of "non activity" getting your heart (and total cardiovascular) in shape first would be best for your health in the long run so focus on that as much as possible. The bodyweight exercises are a good idea as well, but make sure to stretch a few times a day too. Stretching will also be invaluable to your long term health as well (I've found that out the hard way so trust me it's important)

Best of luck to you

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
by any means but 1400cal for a guy is seriously way too low.
I agree 100%, as you need to fuel your body to function properly. This isn't like an Extreme Weight Loss episode, were you have all the hours in the day to dedicate to working out. I'd say, keep them around 2600 - 3000 and then slowly cut back after a few weeks by 200, then repeat to get you in the 2000-2000 range. This way, you're body won't do the fight or flight with your metabo and keep it guessing and ramp'd up!!

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 09-15-2013, 09:57 PM

Welcome to IPYU, I know kinda what your going through I did similar to what you did working waaaayyyy to much and exercising not enough. In 2008 I too up the steel again and haven't looked back I have competed in my second bodybuilding competition this year. So keep the faith, listen to these guys and you'll be back in the swing of things again in no time. I do have to agree the calorie count does seem a bit low for a man your height. Good luck and look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

PAPAW'S (PGS) BLOG
(#7)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-16-2013, 10:40 AM

hell ya great to have you back in the fitness world!

you dont want to totally change everything at a drop of a hat, it will make it very hard to be consistent and stick to the diet

exactly waht BB12 said. start with a reasonable caloric reduction then slowly cut back more till you get to around 2k. you have to take in consideration your current weight when you calculate your cals.

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

(#8)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-16-2013, 10:41 AM

hell ya great to have you back in the fitness world!

you dont want to totally change everything at a drop of a hat, it will make it very hard to be consistent and stick to the diet

exactly waht BB12 said. start with a reasonable caloric reduction then slowly cut back more till you get to around 2k. you have to take in consideration your current weight when you calculate your cals.

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

(#9)
Old
BB2K will become famous soon enough

Default 09-16-2013, 06:20 PM

Welcome back! Keep consistent with it and youll be rockin in no time!

Board Rep for ProMera Sports
www.BodyByBB2K.com
(#10)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Welcome! I agree with what some others say that that is too low for your current weight and really too low period for your average caloric intake. Going that low can make your body stingy with letting fat go. But glad to hear that you are getting back with it. I'm about to get back in gear myself!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#11)
Old

Default 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Sorry took me a bit gittin back to ya. I appreciate it fellas and will be sure to keep yall up on my progress.
IF
(#12)
Old
mattg2004 is on a distinguished road

Default IF - 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM

have you considered Intermittent Fasting?
(#13)
Old

Default 09-23-2013, 03:18 PM

Havent really gave it any thought and dojt know much bout it. Ill have to look into it.
(#14)
Old
Etikp is on a distinguished road

Default 12-21-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg2004 View Post
have you considered Intermittent Fasting?
can you explain it in more details?