IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Challenge Thread - Workout Or Diet Challenges
Reload this Page My own challenge
Challenge Thread - Workout Or Diet Challenges This forum is the brainchild of Emeka Okammor . This is the Challenge Thread. If there is anything Crazy Challenges this is the place to put it. Make sure it is safe to do and all challenges are Do At Your Own Risk.

(#21)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM

Good job Kris!!!

This is going to be a tough one for me. I did some sets of 20 yesterday and went completely anaerobic. I think it can be done {100 reps but probably longer than 10 minutes} rest between sets and set length are going to be an issue. I could back off the weight or risk not finishing in the time???? I want to keep the weight up to 185 and with in 6 weeks do 100 reps at 200. Iíll just have to see how my body feels on Monday. My training ride was canceled today so I shouldnít be too sore to push hard. I plan to eat and sleep good between now and Monday.
BTW a few years ago several of us on the forum did a 6 week program of 5 sets of 20 reps on squats. It helped my strength and endurance.
This is a great idea Mek to shake it up and stimulate the leg routine.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#22)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 07-09-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
I got my humbled ass handed to me LOL. Got to about 47 and had over 6 min left, and then died.
I think I need to split it up and rack the weight, by keeping it on my shoulders the entire time it seemed to really ware me out

I'm pretty sure I was just mentally being a little beezy, looks like I have to shoot for it again next Friday.
Way to give it a go Kris!! We have a base now. We can work on building it, 47 this time 70 next time.

Proud of ya homie!!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#23)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-11-2011, 08:10 AM

Might be going for it today....

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#24)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 07-11-2011, 08:13 AM

GET IT DONE SON...

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#25)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 07-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Well I'm getting ready to go try 100 reps. I ended up riding yesterday for 2 hours but my legs feel good. I was a little tired on 2nd shift last night but I think that was just due to the heat. I'll probably be tired on 2nd shift tonight too.
May not get video I still need to wake up the camera man, Jr rode with me yesterday for the first time in 8 weeks {he broke his arm} just got his cast off last week. Yesterday after the ride I went to work and he went swimming all afternoon so he is pretty tired too.
Well the red bull is kicking in and time is a wasting so I'll post back tonight after work with results. I plan on turning this into a six week plan to boost strength and endurance!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#26)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
Well I'm getting ready to go try 100 reps. I ended up riding yesterday for 2 hours but my legs feel good. I was a little tired on 2nd shift last night but I think that was just due to the heat. I'll probably be tired on 2nd shift tonight too.
May not get video I still need to wake up the camera man, Jr rode with me yesterday for the first time in 8 weeks {he broke his arm} just got his cast off last week. Yesterday after the ride I went to work and he went swimming all afternoon so he is pretty tired too.
Well the red bull is kicking in and time is a wasting so I'll post back tonight after work with results. I plan on turning this into a six week plan to boost strength and endurance!!
lol, the little camera man. How old is he?

Happy lifting KB! Stay mentally strong brother!

BTW, after 6 weeks you will be kicking like a horse, lol

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#27)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-11-2011, 05:00 PM

I'M GOING IN!!!

YOU SEE THE CAPS... THAT MEANS I'M SERIOUS

LEH GO!!!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM

I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENED???!?!?!?!

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#29)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 07-12-2011, 09:23 AM

It didnít go as planned. I could cut it short and say I choked. The truth is my legs are super sore and Iím on my way to building better strength and endurance. The plan is to improve each week if possible.
Here is how it went, started off with 185 and got 20 reps, I could tell it was too much weight to recover from quick enough to rep it out so I pulled back to a monster 135lbs. Pretty sad, anyway I kept pushing and had 100 reps at 11:56. 20 reps at 185 and 80 @135. Iím pretty sure I could have come in under 10 minutes if I had started at 135. I know 185 takes too much recovery to get that many reps in 10 minutes. If I could take my time {I tend to move slow and focus on form rather than speed when squatting} and rest 2-3 minutes between sets I could get 100 reps at 185. Next week I plan to try 155 and come in under the 10 minute mark.

Here is my question, should I hit legs once a week {7 days} or should I hit some sets of 5 at say 225-250 so my rep weight will feel light to me. I have been doing light squats 3 times per week {4 sets of 10}. So how many times in 7 days should work squats?

(#30)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
It didnít go as planned. I could cut it short and say I choked. The truth is my legs are super sore and Iím on my way to building better strength and endurance. The plan is to improve each week if possible.
Here is how it went, started off with 185 and got 20 reps, I could tell it was too much weight to recover from quick enough to rep it out so I pulled back to a monster 135lbs. Pretty sad, anyway I kept pushing and had 100 reps at 11:56. 20 reps at 185 and 80 @135. Iím pretty sure I could have come in under 10 minutes if I had started at 135. I know 185 takes too much recovery to get that many reps in 10 minutes. If I could take my time {I tend to move slow and focus on form rather than speed when squatting} and rest 2-3 minutes between sets I could get 100 reps at 185. Next week I plan to try 155 and come in under the 10 minute mark.

Here is my question, should I hit legs once a week {7 days} or should I hit some sets of 5 at say 225-250 so my rep weight will feel light to me. I have been doing light squats 3 times per week {4 sets of 10}. So how many times in 7 days should work squats?

That's still a great accomplishment Kick!!! People forget you are lifting most of your bodyweight too so the total weight is above that. Wonder what couch potato Bob did last night? Prob got off the couch a few times to go get more chips and beer. LOL! You get what I'm saying. Good job!!!

I'm not sure I could go 3 times a week on squats unless they were all light. I think you could probably benefit though by making your last one of week heavier squats. *maybe

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#31)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
That's still a great accomplishment Kick!!! People forget you are lifting most of your bodyweight too so the total weight is above that. Wonder what couch potato Bob did last night? Prob got off the couch a few times to go get more chips and beer. LOL! You get what I'm saying. Good job!!!

I'm not sure I could go 3 times a week on squats unless they were all light. I think you could probably benefit though by making your last one of week heavier squats. *maybe
Good work KB!! Don't worry about it, this is a process a tough one at that. Keep killing it bro but most improtantly keep focusing on impoving.

I agree with slick rick. You have to consider the strain that your back is taking. If your doing squats and deads together in one week thats a lot of strain on your back.

I recommend hitting legs twice a week. One time for strength (heavy) and another for endurance (volume). On your volume day, use leg presses, squat simulators, etc but no squats. Go for dropsets, supersets, rest pause, failure, negatives, etc.

That'll get your wheels turning. Just make sure you get 2 days in between.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#32)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-12-2011, 01:11 PM

THE CHALLENGE
250lbs x 100 reps in 10 min

Spent all day yesterday just getting my mind ready for this challenge because I wasnít taking it lightly. Got to the gym:

Warmup: 5min
Seated calf raises: 4 x 15
Leg ext: 3 x 15
Squat: 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 315x 2
***Challenge***
250lbs x 100 in 10:01.62

First off, when I post the video I would like for everyone to grab their clocks, timers, stopwatches or whatever and time me. This is Florida and we have a problem when it comes to counting. Lol. I believe I finished under the 10min mark but the camera lady (wife) clocked me at 10:01.62.

Iíma post a second video that is normal speed. Please post your times when I get this video up because from the time I first lifted the weight to the last time I racked it, I donít believe that it was over 10min

Now that I go that off my chest, lol, this was ridiculous. The first 40 reps were ok but it seemed like as soon as I got over the 50 rep mark blood begin to rush into my quads faster than Usain Bolt in a 100 yd dash. Youíll see in the video I immediately reached for my Modern BCAAs. Like instantly! Lol

I stuck in there and banged out 2 more sets of 20 but it was something about rep #95 that made me think for a split second that 5 more reps was impossible. But I was going to rep 100 or die trying.

After I racked the weight my quads were as hard as a bag of rocks! I just fell and rested. I didnít know how much blood was in there until I stood up and walked over to were my wife was (3 steps). We sat there and talked and joked for about 10min then I decided to do about 15 min on the bike to help get some of that blood out of my quadsÖ

This was a great challenge, I want to work my way up to doing the challenge with 275lbs and then with 315lbs.

I recommend that if you are reading this to take the challenge and go for it. Use whatever weight you believe to be decent and push yourself. You wonít be disappointedÖ

BTW, www.EmekaOkammor.com coming soon...

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#33)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM

way to crush it emek.

Controlled labs supps.
(#34)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-12-2011, 01:50 PM

That's nothing short of amazing! Beastin' is what that is as well!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#35)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-12-2011, 02:08 PM

Thats freekin awesome bro...Way to push the limits...

(#36)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM

As i've said before, that's crazy Mek. Way to beast!
(#37)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 07-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
THE CHALLENGE
250lbs x 100 reps in 10 min

Spent all day yesterday just getting my mind ready for this challenge because I wasnít taking it lightly. Got to the gym:

Warmup: 5min
Seated calf raises: 4 x 15
Leg ext: 3 x 15
Squat: 135 x 10, 225 x 5, 315x 2
***Challenge***
250lbs x 100 in 10:01.62

First off, when I post the video I would like for everyone to grab their clocks, timers, stopwatches or whatever and time me. This is Florida and we have a problem when it comes to counting. Lol. I believe I finished under the 10min mark but the camera lady (wife) clocked me at 10:01.62.

Iíma post a second video that is normal speed. Please post your times when I get this video up because from the time I first lifted the weight to the last time I racked it, I donít believe that it was over 10min

Now that I go that off my chest, lol, this was ridiculous. The first 40 reps were ok but it seemed like as soon as I got over the 50 rep mark blood begin to rush into my quads faster than Usain Bolt in a 100 yd dash. Youíll see in the video I immediately reached for my Modern BCAAs. Like instantly! Lol

I stuck in there and banged out 2 more sets of 20 but it was something about rep #95 that made me think for a split second that 5 more reps was impossible. But I was going to rep 100 or die trying.

After I racked the weight my quads were as hard as a bag of rocks! I just fell and rested. I didnít know how much blood was in there until I stood up and walked over to were my wife was (3 steps). We sat there and talked and joked for about 10min then I decided to do about 15 min on the bike to help get some of that blood out of my quadsÖ

This was a great challenge, I want to work my way up to doing the challenge with 275lbs and then with 315lbs.

I recommend that if you are reading this to take the challenge and go for it. Use whatever weight you believe to be decent and push yourself. You wonít be disappointedÖ

BTW, www.EmekaOkammor.com coming soon...
Super work!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
I think one major benifit of this type challange is that it will cause us to enguage all the muscle tissue in the legs. Great challange and awsome workout!

(#38)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-18-2011, 09:42 AM

Thanks KB! And your right about engaging and recruiting ALL MUSCLE FIBERS. My glutes felt like i had been hit with a bag of nickels!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#39)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-18-2011, 10:45 AM

way to push for it though. There is always a next time to do it too.

I finally got my top squat bar back and will be squatting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
I got my humbled ass handed to me LOL. Got to about 47 and had over 6 min left, and then died.
I think I need to split it up and rack the weight, by keeping it on my shoulders the entire time it seemed to really ware me out

I'm pretty sure I was just mentally being a little beezy, looks like I have to shoot for it again next Friday.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#40)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 07-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
way to push for it though. There is always a next time to do it too.

I finally got my top squat bar back and will be squatting again.
Let's go after it Mac!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...