IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Transformation Stories
Reload this Page (RickB) My Transformation Story
Transformation Stories Please share with the rest of the forum, your transformation stories. No matter how long it took, or if it's more of a fitness tranformation than a physical tranformation...whatever. We'd like to hear it. Pictures are great to include too! Please share your story!

(RickB) My Transformation Story
(#1)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default (RickB) My Transformation Story - 03-17-2009, 01:41 PM

All of my life prior to the week of my 38th birthday, I never ever was serious about working out. I dabbled with it a bit a school, but just didn't know anything and the coaches did nothing to educate us either. But the manual labor that my Father had me and my brother doing made us stronger, but it was not at all a fun way to get strong. One of my first full-time jobs was working in the freight business at Central Freight Lines and that lent enough resistance and exercise by handling freight for 10-12 hrs a day to give me a lean but fairly strong body. I left the freight business in 1991 @ the age of 21. Nothing job-wise was helping me stay in shape from here on out except that I did ride a sport/racing type 4-wheeler fairly religiously. I weighed in the low 180's until around my early to mid 30's despite have a desk job since 1993. But I was getting soft!

Here's me at about age 20. I just could not get comfy on that 4-wheeler Man do I miss it though...the thing would scream!

Well, that brings us to my current job of 10 years where I have made some really good friends. Aside from being a great place to work, the free lunches were my achilles heel. A few years ago, since our manager was always into fitness, he had the idea to go into our insurance company. He worked a deal that got the company a significant deal and in return the company will pay for your gym membership and sign-up fee up to a certain amount. Well, time rocked on and I continued my free lunch ways and was puffing up nicely...or not so nice at all really.

The manager(Greg), the accountant(Kenneth), and our purchasing agent (Jim Bob) walked by my office daily (for months) and EVERY single day about 11:25a.m. or so they would say "C'mon" or something like that. You know....adult peer pressure ;-)

So on the week of my 38th B-day in Dec. 2006, I did it. I thought what the hell. The company pays for it, so I'll try it out. I brought my gym clothes in a Walmart plastic sack. I started on a Monday, and if I remember right my b-day was that Wednesday. The manager bought my lunch and the purchasing agent gave me a gym bag. The 1st week made me SORE AS HELL!!!! The second week, I was surprised that I could already lift more. I kept progressing and feeling great. Believe it or not, I went from I think 206 to 185 in 1.5 months. I did not know it, but it was similar to the Warrior Diet in respect to eating no breakfast and I was having basically protein shakes in the daytime + a light lunch. But, I was not feasting at night. Well, that worked for a while, but I obviously wasn't getting the right amount of carbs in my diet because I started feeling faint, dizzy, & delirious especially on my bigger days like legs or back. I turned to IPYU for help on that as well.

But in short, I read and read and read....I just couldn't get enough of my new-found love/obsession!

I owe the guys at work for getting me started, and you guys @ IPYU for getting me on track and helping to keep me there!

In February of 2008, I had actually considered competing. Not too long after that, I messed up both shoulders and really got down mentally. My workouts were really limited. It wasn't until recently that I feel healthy enough to proceed again. I really don't know if I'll compete or not. My biggest mental hurdle is thinking about my pasty white hairy body being shaved, greasy-tanned, and sporting a thong on stage. I just don't know about that part...but I'm still having a blast!

Last edited by RickB; 06-23-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: updated progress pics
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Cool, Rick I liked reading that.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM

that was cool rick.if you do decide to sport a thong and grease up feel free NOT to post those pics.lol.keep it up.

Controlled labs supps.
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 03-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
that was cool rick.if you do decide to sport a thong and grease up feel free NOT to post those pics.lol.keep it up.
LOL, not a problem!
(#5)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 03-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Definitely a good read.
(#6)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM

You should be proud of the transformation Rick..Very interesting read.

(#7)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM

awesome post Rick!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#8)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
Please, Rick...no thong!

Great read, btw.
(#9)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Thanks everyone! And for the thong comments....I am rethinking it and would like to give you one of these in person:
(#10)
Old
naug44 has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-18-2009, 05:26 AM

Hell of a job Rick! Just goes to show what proper diet and exercise can do. Keep up the great work. Stories like yours are an inspiration. Maybe I will post one. Thanks for the read.
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naug44 View Post
Hell of a job Rick! Just goes to show what proper diet and exercise can do. Keep up the great work. Stories like yours are an inspiration. Maybe I will post one. Thanks for the read.
Thanks! And I hope you do post one!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-18-2009, 10:47 AM

It was a good idea to put this catogory up Rick. I hope to read more.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#13)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
It was a good idea to put this catogory up Rick. I hope to read more.
JT-Turner said he'd do one in a couple of days as well!
(#14)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-18-2009, 11:15 AM

SWEET!!! only the highest quality posts from rick. i love it

your the man, keep on keeping on
(#15)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Def a great transformation bro, keep it up Rick!

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#16)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-13-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idetamou View Post
Hey jerk this is my friend's transformation story not some place for you to sell desk software.
spamming is one thing but cluttering up a good post is double stinky. shame on you.
Nice catch Kick

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#17)
Old
GregW is on a distinguished road

Default 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM

cool. very inspirational!

TruNutrition Sciences http://www.truscience.com
Trutein: More Than Just Protein
Current Special: 5lbs Whey Isolate (Chocolate or Vanilla) - $38.99 http://www.truscience.com/wheyisolate.html
(#18)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM

rick, you need to add the new avatar to the transformation pic collage
(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 06-08-2010, 07:23 AM

IT'S SO EASY JUST TO GO WITH THE GUYS AND EAT. IT'S THE SAME HERE WHERE I WORK. MY BOSS IS A GREAT GUY BUT HE BRINGS HOT FUDGE SUNDAYS, MILK SHAKES AND ANOTHER BOSS BRINGS McDONALDS PIES. WE HAVE SALESMEN THAT BRING DONUTS. IT'S REALLY HARD NOT TO GRAB A DONUT.
I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN ABOUT THE DIET.
(#20)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-08-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
rick, you need to add the new avatar to the transformation pic collage
Will do Kris! And I hope my next pic will be even better. Lean-wise anyways