IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Transformation Stories
Reload this Page (Moush) My Transformation Story
Transformation Stories Please share with the rest of the forum, your transformation stories. No matter how long it took, or if it's more of a fitness tranformation than a physical tranformation...whatever. We'd like to hear it. Pictures are great to include too! Please share your story!

(Moush) My Transformation Story
(#1)
Old
moush is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to moush
Default (Moush) My Transformation Story - 03-28-2008, 08:59 AM

Whats goin on bros...well RoaringMadmac posted in my STS blog about posting my ongoing transformation so here goes!

At 15 years old I weighed 285 lbs and I decided I needed to lose weight because everybody in school made fun of me, and I felt like I was the only one without a girlfriend. So my sophmore into my junior year in high school I decided I needed to lose weight because I was fed up with the lack of a social life.

I explored a couple different diet ranging from some fruit diet to the cabbage soup diet. None worked, until one day my father came home with a book - The Atkins Diet. I tried it, I liked it because I got to eat meat, cheese, and veggies all day. I stuck to the diet and somewhere in there I was introduced to weight training by one of my friends, so I started to lift and lose weight but the problem was I couldnt get stronger due to the lack of carbs (i know this now, but i didnt then). So after 7 months of dieting and playing basketball, mountain biking, and lifting I lost 100 lbs!

I came back the following year (junior yr) and found a girlfriend! Go figure. I stuck through the lifting all through high school and went off to Rutgers University after my senior year. Due to the experience of weight loss and exercise I had an interest in nutrition and exercise so I majored in Nutritional Sciences at Rutgers University. While at school I bulked up from 200 to 235 lbs but i quickly realized that it didnt look good so I decided to do lots of cardio and eating a little cleaner. I cut down to about 215 lbs but i plateaued.

Finally after 5 years, I got my Bachelors degree and in the mean time was in the process of still cutting down. After a summer of working as a physical therapy aide, I decided to attend a community school where I could get my Certificate in Exercise Science. What I learned in the classroom was directly applied to my daily eating and exercise regiment which led me to make a complete lifestyle change in October of 2006. I decided to plan out a schedule for eating, so I started weighing out my foods and dividing them into 6 portions involving rotating carbohydrate days (high, med, and low carb days) with carbs decreasing as the day went on. The main focus of this diet was fatloss since Ive been troubled with being overweight my whole life. I loved it even more than the Atkins diet because i got to eat every 2.5 hrs on the dot and who doesnt love to eat! I felt great on this diet, and it provided me with all the necessary nutrients to decrease bodyfat and maintain muscle mass.

As the diet went on there was more focus on low carb days with a high carb day every 5-6 days. The purpose of the high carb day was to bring back glycogen stores and rev up the metabolism. My training began at 5 am with 1 hour of cardio on the elliptical followed by my lifting session, (one body part a day) and then another 30 min bout of cardio on the treadmill on an incline. I also did cardio for an hour on the weekends as well. All cardio was done on an empty stomach. As i got more and more into the program I began picking up magazines and reading up on the forums about nutrition, and different lifting techniques.
I began modifying my diet to include better PWO nutrition since that is the most important meal of the day to help recovery and replenish glycogen stores. I changed my training to a higher intensity program, which increased my heart rate to increase fat loss. Everything at this point was going great because everything i learned in the classroom was directly applied to what I was doing for my diet and training. I quickly changed my cardio routine to be done after weights to help preserve that energy and put it towards my training to help keep my strength up. Doing cardio PWO also lead to greater fatloss due to higher GH levels after weights. At this point I was eating about 55-60 g protein/meal with about 70-80 g carbs the whole day. I felt great and by August of 2007, I was at an unbelieveable 6% bodyfat at 190 lbs! I reached my goal and then some! I looked the best I ever have in my life and it felt so great. I never thought I could get so lean but all that hard work was worth it.

Since then I discovered Ronnie Rowland, the man who has given me new inspiration in weight training. I started using his Slingshot Training System and gained 25-30 lbs (225-230 - not too fat) with huge gains in strength that I had never seen before. On Feb 13th, I under went surgery to remove excess skin from my abdomen due to the excessive weight loss at 15 yrs old. Even at 6% I had skin hanging off and I was sick and tired of trying to get rid of it, so I had the surgery and recovered a lot quicker than I ever expected but I can attribute that to being young, healthy and having good nutrition. I still ate 5-6 meals a day and within a month I was back in the gym lifting weights!

I have just finished week 2 of Ronnies 4 day STS split with a lean bulk. I am gaining my strength back and I have put on some great size with a decent bodyfat %. My goal is to cut down for the summer and be about 200-210 lbs at 6% bf. I plan on competing sometime in the fall or spring of next year after I put on a little more size.

Last edited by RickB; 03-17-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added paragraphs
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-28-2008, 09:25 AM

Great story moush!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 09:59 AM

thanks bro!!

(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM

Here comes Moush's first stickie.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 10:49 AM

haha sweet Ive got a sticky!!!

(#6)
Old
KRAM is on a distinguished road

Default 03-28-2008, 12:01 PM

Awesome story! I've followed your thread on BB.com too. Tremendous transformation.

Also just noticed youre in Jersey too! I'm in S. Jersey....not far from Rutgers Camden.

Mark
(#7)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 12:54 PM

thanks KRAM...yea man Im from Jersey, I live in Bergen Co...I went to Rutgers in N. Brunswick.

(#8)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM

A lot of determination..... awesome job! Hope the mass comes on quick - I can't wait to see comp photos!
(#9)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 03-28-2008, 01:50 PM

amazing story, and very inspirational!

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#10)
Old

Default 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM

thanks bros! ill post some pics this weekend hopefully...so you guys can see my progress

(#11)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 03-28-2008, 09:30 PM

great story

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#12)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-28-2008, 09:43 PM

Way to set your mind to a new lifestyle and stick with it. I too hope to have a success story like this. When you can post some of your meal ideas. I'm always looking for good meal advise because my primary goal at this point is weight loss and getting healthier.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#13)
Old

Default 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM

some new pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2241.JPG (615.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2169.JPG (169.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2170.JPG (160.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2174.JPG (166.6 KB, 16 views)

NEWEST PICS
(#14)
Old

Default NEWEST PICS - 09-04-2008, 01:44 PM

NEW PICS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2460.JPG (543.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2463.JPG (437.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2499.JPG (500.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2492.JPG (423.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2508.JPG (535.7 KB, 27 views)

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM

Awesome story and thanks for the pics!

Do work!
(#16)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-05-2008, 11:31 AM