IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Open Chat
Reload this Page Postwhore Thread.
Open Chat Discuss anything here.

(#7541)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 03-23-2013, 07:15 PM

R.I.P Joe Weider :'(
(#7542)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM

ya that is so sad! going to be interesting what direction BB is going to take

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#7543)
Old

Default 05-01-2013, 12:03 PM

I've gone back to the forums old skin. I find the black one really hard to read. I'm sure it's just me though. I think I'm the only one who didn't get on with it.
(#7544)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
I've gone back to the forums old skin. I find the black one really hard to read. I'm sure it's just me though. I think I'm the only one who didn't get on with it.
Sorry bro! I even asked the designer of the skin to show me which section to change it in as I've tried every setting that I can find to no avail. He never responded to me so I don't think he knows either LOL

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7545)
Old

Default 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Sorry bro! I even asked the designer of the skin to show me which section to change it in as I've tried every setting that I can find to no avail. He never responded to me so I don't think he knows either LOL
That's rude, I hate it when people don't reply to you. Nah! don't worry about it. As I said, I'm sure I'm the only one who had difficulty with it. Plus the others seem to like it, don't change things on my account.
(#7546)
Old

Default 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM

Me Deadlifting in London today.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxGSIJxD7nQ&feature=player_detailpage"]Bens 145kg Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQsLp5ut6tk&feature=player_detailpage"]Bens 150kg Deadlift - YouTube[/ame]

Back is a little rounded, but I will be working on it.
(#7547)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-05-2013, 02:22 PM

love it

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#7548)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM

keep digging and use the lighter weight to work on perfect form. It will come . Good videos.

(#7549)
Old

Default 08-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Thanks Mac! Yeah, I agree, that form needs to be perfected. I'll probably do several singles at 80-90% just to ensure I nail the form.

Glad you liked the videos!
(#7550)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-06-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
keep digging and use the lighter weight to work on perfect form. It will come . Good videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
Thanks Mac! Yeah, I agree, that form needs to be perfected. I'll probably do several singles at 80-90% just to ensure I nail the form.

Glad you liked the videos!

I agree with Mac! and you can even go lighter than what you suggested and do reps with it and use very strict form. It helps build supporting muscles and muscle memory. Very cool vids and good work mate! <---did that sound English?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7551)
Old

Default 08-06-2013, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Very cool vids and good work mate! <---did that sound English?
Spot on me old fruit gum! <--- Cockney slang. Fruit gum=chum hahaha!!

The one thing I've noticed with deadlifts is yes strength is one factor, but it requires more skill than most people think. I've seen guys who are 5 ft nothing and weigh 140lb and deadlift up near 200kg.

I have no real figure in my head for my 1rm; but to get into the 200kg club would be fantastic to be honest. However I want to enjoy my lifts rather than obsess with a specific number.

I must admit I do love volume when it comes to deadlifts. I saw one of Meks videos a while ago where he was repping out with 405lbs (Still well over my 1rm though hahaha!!) and it looked like he was having a really good workout with it.

I was thinking of doing a 5x5 type thing as a warm up, then go 3x3 or 3x5 with perhaps a few singles at the end. Maybe even experiment with sets of ten or more at 100kg to test my endurance.

The form for me is very important. I've always believed one good rep is worth ten rubbish ones.
(#7552)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM

Don't worry so much with 1 rep max unless you are doing a full on power meet. Keeping up volume is best in the long run. It is going to help build muscle faster and endurance in the lift as well. I would not go under 8 reps or over 15 with dead lifts.

And yes some people are just genetically and mechanically better at doing dead lift. It is more difficult to go heavier on deads for long limb people. But Like Rick stated getting that form perfect will make it much stronger in the long run.

Even in my power lifting days I always stayed volume until the lift and I always went up in strength just because I knew what I could do for a number of reps and was always able to calculate the more factor .

(#7553)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM

Don't worry so much with 1 rep max unless you are doing a full on power meet. Keeping up volume is best in the long run. It is going to help build muscle faster and endurance in the lift as well. I would not go under 8 reps or over 15 with dead lifts.

And yes some people are just genetically and mechanically better at doing dead lift. It is more difficult to go heavier on deads for long limb people. But Like Rick stated getting that form perfect will make it much stronger in the long run.

Even in my power lifting days I always stayed volume until the lift and I always went up in strength just because I knew what I could do for a number of reps and was always able to calculate the more factor .

(#7554)
Old

Default 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM

I took your advice the other day. I did my usual thing then remembered this thread.

I striped down the bar to 100kg (about 220 in lbs) and banged out a set of 10. Seriously by rep 7 my legs were ready to blow up on me. I then did my first 10, laid on the floor for two minutes and hit another set for 9 reps.

I'm still feeling it from 2 days later. It's amazing how such a mediocre weight can cause such damage.

Ironically, people were more impressed with that set, than any of my 1rm's.
(#7555)
Old

Default 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM

I took your advice the other day. I did my usual thing then remembered this thread.

I striped down the bar to 100kg (about 220 in lbs) and banged out a set of 10. Seriously by rep 7 my legs were ready to blow up on me. I then did my first 10, laid on the floor for two minutes and hit another set for 9 reps.

I'm still feeling it from 2 days later. It's amazing how such a mediocre weight can cause such damage.

Ironically, people were more impressed with that set, than any of my 1rm's.
(#7556)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-13-2013, 02:26 PM

awesome I love to hear stuff like this.

(#7557)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 08-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Awesome work! I'm a firm believer in good form over any amount of weight.

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#7558)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM

Me too. Yesterday we where doing legs and we got up to our heaviest set on leg presses going I mean deep and really pushing hard . I mean having a real epic leg day. we had 900 lbs on the press I mean we damn near where throwing up on leg press and could not walk . I was asking my partners to make sure I was getting low enough. For each of us making sure form was solid. when we where done. we went over to hack squat then this douche comes over puts just as much weight on the leg press and moves it 2 inches or should I say what Daniel said your giving him credit for 2 inches may be an inch if it was that at all. All I could do was shake my head and continue on my supersets of PowerTec squats and hacksquats and keep my mouth shut. It's shit like that pisses me off.

(#7559)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM

Me too. Yesterday we where doing legs and we got up to our heaviest set on leg presses going I mean deep and really pushing hard . I mean having a real epic leg day. we had 900 lbs on the press I mean we damn near where throwing up on leg press and could not walk . I was asking my partners to make sure I was getting low enough. For each of us making sure form was solid. when we where done. we went over to hack squat then this douche comes over puts just as much weight on the leg press and moves it 2 inches or should I say what Daniel said your giving him credit for 2 inches may be an inch if it was that at all. All I could do was shake my head and continue on my supersets of PowerTec squats and hacksquats and keep my mouth shut. It's shit like that pisses me off.

(#7560)
Old

Default 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM

Loving the new pictures in the sub-forums. Good work, I assume it was Rick B?

My personal favourites are the keyboard in open chat and the steak in diet and nutrition.