IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Bodybuilding Supplements
Reload this Page Pre-Workouts 101
Bodybuilding Supplements Find out which bodybuilding supplements work and what their effects are on performance!

(#21)
Old
TheBigRigatoni is on a distinguished road

Default 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Anybody get on our Pump Fixx pre workout run yet?

Advanced Muscle Science/ForeRunner Labs (East Coast Sales Manager)
"The Strongest On The Market"
(#22)
Old
alegator is on a distinguished road

Default 04-05-2012, 02:32 PM

Have not tried that one yet. I have been a Jack3d user for the last year or so, but it seems I may need to try something else as I am not getting the "hop" I used to get from Jack3d. May have built a tolerance up. I will look at this one as well as get suggestions from other board members.
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-10-2012, 02:14 AM

great post man. a lot of work put into this. I agree with Rick though. My body becomes immune to any nitric oxide/creatine formula that I have to switch it up so "the best" is never "the best". I like NOExplode by bsn, Any Opt. Nutrition pak is fine. Jac3d is great. The new Super Pump Max is decent (the old one pretty much just gave me diarrhea). Every couple weeks I like to throw in some ephedra or oxyelite pro just to give me an extra boost. Current cycle is on NOExplode advanced and 6.25mg of a lil pink pill

(#24)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-18-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigRigatoni View Post
Anybody get on our Pump Fixx pre workout run yet?
I tried it and it was good, I like the addition of the carbonation

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#25)
Old
Greg B. is on a distinguished road

Default 03-16-2014, 02:38 PM

Awesome post! One of my favorite subjects as Im a self-proclaimed preworkout drink addict, lol. They've become simply part of my whole preworkout routine to get me in the zone and mindset to kill each training session. I hardly do a workout with my pre!!

All American EFX Rep

Main Website: www.aaefx.com
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/allamericanefx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @allamericanefx
Instagram: @aaefx

Favorite AAEFX Supplements: Karbolyn, K-OTIC, Kre-Alklyn, and NF-Pro Whey Protein.

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
All American EFX and they are my own*
(#26)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-17-2014, 10:52 AM

The only problem with extended use of all of today's pre workouts is that you become a little immune to the effects it offers. they are great but extended use can burn out your neuroendocrineimmune system leaving you feeling zoned out and just about anything you take will not work. Hence drinking regular Coffee is a little more on the safe side.

Most research studies observe and measure the effects of a single dose of caffeine rather than the effects of chronic ingestion. Yet most coffee drinkers drink coffee daily. ability to block adenosine receptor sites throughout the body. However, there are other neurochemical effects that are worth noting.

Chronic caffeine intake has been shown to increase the receptors of serotonin (26-30% increase), GABA (65% increase), and acetylcholine (40-50%). Got this from a study I read a while back and one of the reasons I don't drink pre workouts anymore This may contribute to the elevated mood and perceived increase in energy we feel after a coffee (which makes espresso a handy pre-workout drink). Despite increasing receptors, caffeine also inhibits the release of GABA, which contributes to our feeling of alertness.

Pre workout drinks more or less lead to chronic Caffeine intake. This chronic up in intake of Caffeine raises serotonin levels. In the human body, when neurotransmitter receptors increase in number, or if they increase their sensitivity, it generally suggests a reduction in functional capacity and activity of neurons associated with those receptors.

In my opinion sticking with lower levels of pre workout or just switching to Coffee might help get a better effect for the long run

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#27)
Old
GYMRVT is on a distinguished road

Default 07-02-2015, 12:49 PM

Wow thanks for taking the time to do this thread. Very helpful.
A personal favorite of mine is either cobra labs curse or even Mr. Hyde Pre workout but I do hear often how great Jack3d is