IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Bodybuilding Supplements
Reload this Page The Role Of Bodybuilding Supplements
Bodybuilding Supplements Find out which bodybuilding supplements work and what their effects are on performance!

(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-28-2006, 07:02 PM

The Role Of Bodybuilding Supplements

First, supplements make sticking to the proper diet easier to follow. Meal replacements and protein supplements fall into this category. They're fast, economical and convenient. You can use them to add extra calories and protein to your diet for mass gains or use them in place of more fattening foods during a cutting diet.

Second, supplements can help you reach your goal faster and more effectively. Fat burners fall into this category. They can speed up your metabolism, give you an energy boost, and curb your appetite. Other sport supplements may help prevent catabolism (muscle wasting) during strict diets. Prohormones and products like Methoxy-7 can be a great help in this area.

Third, supplements can keep you healthy while achieving that ideal body. Extreme fat loss or muscle gain diets aren't always synonymous with health. Supplementing your diet with fiber, fish oils, multi-vitamins, minerals and extra antioxidants can not only help you look good, but also help you stay looking good for years to come.
Edited by: RoaringMad Mac

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
SNS8778 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to SNS8778
Default 06-01-2006, 09:52 AM

Good post. I think alot of people forget that supplements are there to 'supplement' a healthy diet and lifestyle. They help you reach your goals faster and easier than without them, but do not do it for you.

Serious Nutrition Solutions products available at I'llPumpYouUp.com - http://www.illpumpyouup.com/sns/
(#3)
Old
larry61 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Hey Roaringmad, New to the site and looking for some honest info. Wanting to loose weight (50lbs). And gain muscle tone and strength. Current age is 50. What would you recommend as far as weight lose and muscle gaining supps. Thanks
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-30-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry61 View Post
Hey Roaringmad, New to the site and looking for some honest info. Wanting to loose weight (50lbs). And gain muscle tone and strength. Current age is 50. What would you recommend as far as weight lose and muscle gaining supps. Thanks
Supplements are just that. Just tweaks, not magic pills/powder. As long as you have a solid workout routine, good diet, and get the proper rest you will do well. But that said, I'm hearing good things about OxyElite Pro. This can help you well in weight loss. Get a good lean 100% whey protein or an isolate, some good vitamins and this is a good base to start with.

Welcome to the site and let us know if we can help with anything!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
larry61 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-31-2011, 08:30 AM

Thanks Rick will check that out. Trying to research different things. Don't want to jump with something and cause problems. Tried creatine in the past, had some problems with kindneys on that. Was not a fun time.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM

Agreed rick, i Have used several different fat burners, so far Oxy with a good diet and exercise has been the best by far...Good luck Larry and welcome to the forum

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#7)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 06-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Supplements have played a very important role in my bbing career and also in my transformation process. Mac is 100% on point with his post, hard work is the base. You must have a solid foundation before you stack supps on it. Otherwise, your wasting your money and time.

It's like my mom used to tell me, "Don't spray cologne on top of stank!" Sometimes that word stank was another word that starts with s and rhymes with it. lol.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#8)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-03-2011, 09:31 AM

what Rick said. That is spot on.

(#9)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
.....It's like my mom used to tell me, "Don't spray cologne on top of stank!" Sometimes that word stank was another word that starts with s and rhymes with it. lol.

Excellent analogy....LOL!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#10)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM

SMH...lol

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 06-03-2011, 10:24 AM

Sounds good.

Hard work
Solid Diet
Supplements
=
Success

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#12)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-03-2011, 12:27 PM

That's classic Mek! I'm going to use that one when people ask me about supplements, which happens everyday :P
(#13)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM

lol, the reaction you get will probably be priceless!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Did I not just say that in the first line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larybell View Post
Bodybuilding supplements work by giving your body extra nutrients that support muscle growth, fat burning, hormone production and, etc.