IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Bodybuilding Supplements
Reload this Page Test Boosters 101
Bodybuilding Supplements Find out which bodybuilding supplements work and what their effects are on performance!

Test Boosters 101
(#1)
Old
JGarcia28 is on a distinguished road

Talking Test Boosters 101 - 10-06-2011, 12:16 AM

Hey guys! Jeremy here with my next 101 article! I took Tim's advice and decided to write this article on natural test boosters. So...Lets get started!

Test Boosters 101

First, we'll split this article into four sections:

1. Plants and Herbs
2. Dosages
3. My Personal Recommendations
4. FAQ

So..Lets face it bro...you've lost your “edge”. You're too old to gain, you can barely keep up with your old self and you're struggling to maintain the mass you've earned over all these grueling years of lifting. You feel washed up and pissed off because of how hard bulking and cutting are now. You're probably thinking “Damn! Thats it! I'm peaking and I'm not even that big!” Well,.....no you're not. I'll explain. See, YOU haven't peaked yet! Infact..you're still a few solid years away before even APPROACHING the peak. Your problem is exactly like every other 30-50 year old struggling to make gains in the gym. Your test is low! Lets shift gears here, and jack it up back where it used to be! What are you waiting for?! LETS DO THIS!

1. Plants and Herbs

The most popular, trusted, and time tested natural test boosters around. The bread n' butter of 99% of test boosters out there, and they deserve to be.

Tribulus Terrestris-
One of the most popular test boosting plants out there! Popularized as a test booster, tribulus has a few other effects that it may promote in the body. Like most of the other test boosters, tribulus may increase sex drive, libido, and male performance. Tribulus has been a staple supplement for many old and new school bodybuilders alike and despite some recent studies attempting to dethrone it, companies to this day are still packing it into their products.

Fenugreek- One of the most controversial test “boosters” out there, fenugreek is not scientifically proven to increase testosterone in any way. Even though fenugreek isn't proven, its used today for MANY uses including test production. Fenugreek is estrogen-like by nature, however it doesn't respond in the body quite like an estrogen-like compound. For example, fenugreek can cause Infertility, and may act like a glucose disposal unit. Along with the insulin mimicking ability, fenugreek may also be used for breast enlargement, treatment for diabetes, and cholesterol level regulation.

Longjack- Longjack is a proven, working test booster specializing in the increase of “free test”. See, normally testosterone is bonded to a hormone receptor called SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin), this binds with free test as well. The more free test, the more test is put towards muscle building, anabolism, and protein synthesis. Longjack increases free test, jacking up your ability to put on mass, increasing your natural energy production, aiding vitality, increasing libido, sex drive, and cognitive function.

Avena Sativa- Another un-proven test booster, avena sativa is being used industry-wide in sexual enhancement, and test boosting supplements alike. Its believed that avena sativa unbinds bound test to create a higher level of free test in the body similar to longjack. Avena sativa is not quite as potent as longjack or horny goat weed, but is suggested to work very well in conjunction with other stronger herbs to get its true potential and benefits.

Vitex- Often used in female cases, vitex is looking like a promising luteinizing hormone booster in the body. Women used vitex for quite some time to treat multiple conditions including PMS, infertility, and breast enlargement. As one of the least popular ingredients out there, I believe this may give the user a different edge than what would normally be experienced with more common test boosters like tribulus, but would work very well with other test boosters for a greater overall hormone boost.

Horny Goat Weed- As one of the most powerful and popular natural test boosters out, horny goat weed is an excellent ingredient choice because of its ability to modulate cortisol and estrogen while raising free testosterone simultaneously. Definitely one of the better main-stream natural test boosters out there.

Safed Musli- Similar to fenugreek, Safed Musli is an indian herb grown for its medicinal use for multiple conditions. Safed Musli is shown to aid sperm production, libido, breast milk production, and have testosterone boosting effects. Safed Musli is also a natural immune system fortifier, and energy producer.

Quercetin- Stay away from this ingredient. Its under studied, with no proven track record of test boosting besides ONE study on rats. Most people are beginning to believe that it actually LOWERS test because it binds to testosterone receptors preventing free test to work. If any study is updated I will update this post, however for now, keep your distance because you might actually be shooting yourself in the foot!

**NOTE: Quercetin is in many test boosters, so please be cautious of which one you purchase**

Icarrin (a.k.a. Epimedium)- This is the extract from horny goat weed. (see above) Expect more potency with a smaller dosage as with all concentrates and extracts.

Resveratrol- Popular in mainstream test boosters, resveratrol is just like your typically studied test boosting herb. With some of its studies being executed in korea, and some on animals, many people still do not consider this an ingredient worth having. I personally believe its an ingredient that has massive potential, but needs human-based research and testing.

Cissus Quandrangularis- Mainly a joint support ingredient, cissus is listed here because its in the process of being researched for its possible characteristic of cortisol regulation. Keeping cortisol levels down is no doubt a benefit, but when you have this added with a test booster, it will definitely give one supplement a leg up on the competition, and show you which companies are really out there for the customer and who is marketing for a quick buck.

Rhodiola Rosea- Another cortisol controller like cissus, but has more research backing its cortisol blocking abilities. Although rhodiola rosea isn't too popular considering many of the main-stream test boosters don't include this ingredient, with promising studies like cissus (see above), expect to see rhodiola rosea grow in popularity as soon as more research comes out.

Dodder Seed- A VERY good addition to horny goat weed or icarrin because it works in-sync to increase testosterone and luteinizing hormone. Be sure to stack these two when looking for a test booster.

Chrysin-
With not too many studies backing it, chrysin is showing evidence of a natural aromatase inhibitor! Although chrysin is suspected to have these abilities, it is definitely more thoroughly researched as a powerful antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory remedy.

2. Dosages

Tribulus Terrestris: 250mg 3 times per day, or 750mg per day total

Fenugreek: Depending on the user, it can be dosed up to 6g per day

Longjack: 300mg per day

Avena Sativa: 500mg 2 times per day, or 1g per day total

Vitex: Approx. ~1g per day for women, dosage for men not yet established. (I recommend starting at 300mg-500mg per day for a week or two and gauge your progress. Increase as necessary)

Horny Goat Weed:
750mg per day

Safed Musli: 600mg-1.2g per day

Icarrin (a.k.a. Epimedium): 250mg-500mg per day

Resveratrol: 20mg-100mg from a decent source

Cissus Quandrangularis: 2g-6g per day depending on the user

Rhodiola Rosea: 1g-2g per day

Dodder Seed: 1g-2g per day

Chrysin: 1g-3g per day

3. My Recommendations

1. Activate Xtreme paired with Triazole

2. AI Sports TestoPro or Stoked

3. Purus Labs Recycle

4. FAQ

Am I old enough to take these?

If you don't know the answer to this question, you shouldn't be taking them. Natural test boosters wont do anything worth the money until your early-mid 20's MINIMUM. Your test levels are peaked as a teen or younger so a test booster will just make you involuntarily dry hump air.

Do they require a PCT?

NO. These supplements are all natural and will not raise your testosterone levels past your body's limits.

Will natural test boosters cause any organ damage? (kidneys, liver, etc..)

NO.

Well There you go guys! I hope you guys learned something here and get to jacking up that test! Stay tuned for more 101 articles and tell your friends to hop on the forums! Lets try to get IPYU's name out there more and more. Thanks again for reading guys, and if you have ANY questions, please post or shoot me a PM and I'll respond ASAP.

Thanks
-Jeremy

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.

~198lbs since last weigh in

RAW Stats:
Deadlift: 455lbs+ (Old Max)
RackPull Deadlift (from knee height): 600+lbs
Squat: 405+lbs
Box Squat (below parallel): 495lbs x 7-8
Bench Press: 300+lbs
Dumbell Press: 105+lbs
RAW Total: Over 9000

(Cold) Measurements:
Arms: 16.5in.+
Quads: 27in.+
Calves: ~16.5in.
Forearms: ~13in.

Last edited by JGarcia28; 10-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
(#2)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 10-06-2011, 09:30 AM

JEREMY- THIS IS YOUR BEST ONE YET!!!!
This is good stuff!
VERY VERY informative!!
thank you!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#3)
Old

Default 10-06-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
JEREMY- THIS IS YOUR BEST ONE YET!!!!
This is good stuff!
VERY VERY informative!!
thank you!
Thanks man! I'm glad you liked it. Anyone have a request for another article?

-J

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.

RAW Stats:

(Cold) Measurements:
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Natadrol is billed by LG as an all natural PH, and on the box it calls for a mild OTC PCT ...just sayin.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old

Default 10-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Natadrol is billed by LG as an all natural PH, and on the box it calls for a mild OTC PCT ...just sayin.
Although it does require a PCT, it was released to branch the natural test boosting category to the mild PH category. However, I'll edit the post to make sure this wont cause future confusion in new users. Thanks for your post

RAW Stats:

(Cold) Measurements:
(#6)
Old
Chemistryguy85 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Great article, it really clears a lot of things up. Do you believe that querciten holds any natural anti-inflammatory properties? How do you feel about Blue Up and Blue GrowTH by Controlled Labs? I ask because I am considering running one or both with Blue Gene. Your advice is greatly appreciated as I can tell you have done your research and do not have a product to sell.
(#7)
Old

Default 04-18-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistryguy85 View Post
Great article, it really clears a lot of things up. Do you believe that querciten holds any natural anti-inflammatory properties? How do you feel about Blue Up and Blue GrowTH by Controlled Labs? I ask because I am considering running one or both with Blue Gene. Your advice is greatly appreciated as I can tell you have done your research and do not have a product to sell.
If i would recommend something, it wouldnt be either of those. Controlled labs makes some solid stuff, and those arent bad, but nothing can really come close to activate extreme/triazole for natural mass gains Test/AI wise, and HGH wise, Blue GrowTH should be fine although I like GABA alot and would prefer that it was included in the formula.

RAW Stats:

(Cold) Measurements: