IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Transformation Stories
Reload this Page My Transformation Story- An Ongoing Objective
Transformation Stories Please share with the rest of the forum, your transformation stories. No matter how long it took, or if it's more of a fitness tranformation than a physical tranformation...whatever. We'd like to hear it. Pictures are great to include too! Please share your story!

My Transformation Story- An Ongoing Objective
(#1)
Old
zchill is on a distinguished road

Default My Transformation Story- An Ongoing Objective - 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Hey everyone.
My name is Zach. Im currently 18 years old and heres my transformation story.

From as early as my memory will allow me to remember, I was always fat. I grew up as an only child and my parents were always working to give me a better life than they had. So with a busy work schedule, the 3 main meals of Americana lifestyle were a tough call to make. i remember early on, i had nothing nutritious in my young and ever adapting body. Poptarts and soda for breakfast. Double helpings at lunch at school. Fast food after school. Fast food for dinner. Sugary junk. this was my diet, and I didnt know any better.

this continued from the time I was about 6 years old up until my freshmen year of high school. Now, to clear the smoke, my parents werent dumb. they realized they made a mistake letting me have nutritious freedom at an early age, and they tried numerous times to talk to me about dieting and getting healthy. But my young mind viewed this as a threat; as if they wanted to control me. At teenage years, this certainly causes some turmoil because this is the age when you feel like you know everything.

anyway, high school is an evil monster born right out of satans anus. Its when people start to envision a social norm and average amongst their fellow peers and if you arent close to the paradigm they've established, youre outcast. I, safe to say, was an outcast. Sure i had friends that werent shallow but I was a teenage kid, looking for popularity and chicks..

I woke up one morning and stepped on the scale. i hadnt weighted myself in years. and to my dismay it was not a pleasant number to read. 241. i was 5 8. 241. by this time i was a sophomore. This scared me. No kid my age should be this big unless they are a freaking bodybuilding football triathlon athlete. so i decided to re write what had been lost for so long.

i went on a diet that was basically in a sense, weight watchers. I had my points system and all that. i ended up losing about 20 pounds.

time went on. I kinda just stopped caring again and became a junior. I hit a growth spurt and thinned out a little, coming down to about 215. But i was still unsatisfied with the person looking back in the mirror.

so i found that will power i had demonstrated just months earlier, and cranked it to 11. its hard enough to diet at a young age, but in high school with bad food all around you, its like Auschwitz.

all in all, i did it. I stepped on the scales 4 months later, and i nearly died. 150 pounds. i had lost since my freshmen year, 90 pounds. i lost 75 in four months. no wonder i had people asking me if i was sick.

i then decided to climb my Mount Everest. I did p90x my senior summer and got some muscle. ill never really be able to have a 6 pack due to the excess skin i have, but look at what i used to be. while on p90x i went down to 140.

i finished that up and have been a gym rat ever since and have gained a clean dry 20 pounds. a little fat but at the moment im on a bulk.

all these events inspired me to go into dietetics and nutrition education.

thanks for reading, i hope you got something out of this. and if you have any questions, message me.
-zach
(#2)
Old
fitnessschooled is on a distinguished road

Default 08-24-2010, 11:42 PM

Can you provide some pictures?

Damn that's inspirational. I was also in the same boat as you but it went to a different direction. Why don't you have your excess skin surgically removed? So you can show off your body?
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 08-25-2010, 01:29 AM

good story, nice amount of comedy slipped in!

congrats on your results so far, lets get things straight and take you to the next level

whats your goal? height weight bf%
(#4)
Old
zchill is on a distinguished road

Default 08-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Yeah fitnessschooled, ill get some pictures up soon
and onetirekris, my goal from the beggining is to just get plain ole big. im 5'11 with a medium frame, so my realistic goal is to bulk and cut continually until im a dry 175. im at 162 right now. its just extremely easy for me to gain fat because of where i was so heavy once before. i guess its like an alcoholic relapsing; even if i had a cheat weekend and still ate moderately healthy, i might gain 2 pounds of fat.
i havent had my bf% checked accurately in a while. id say im around 12 or 15 %. its real hard to say with my extra skin and my stretched out stomach. but gym goals:
heres my big one. i want to be able to 1rm 225 on bench. i know thats not a lot for most fit people, but those 2 big plates just mentally boost me. i also want to just overall get everything twice as big as it is now. swole. i want to basically fill out a large shirt nicely instead of a small or slim fit medium.

oh and i have looked in to getting this skin removed. but im a broke student and it costs in upwards of 10s of thousands.

thanks guys.
(#5)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 08-25-2010, 10:35 AM

I feel you bro, when i graduated high school i was 266lbs at 5'10, it shocked the shit out of me and i got tired of being called fat and not getting any ladies.

It feels good to be healthy now, im sure you can agree. Glad to hear you made the right choices in life and turned your life around completely. Good job man!

I experience the same skin problem as you do man, it sucks. Also about the gaining of fat really easy, its just stuff we have to work with and around. Start smashing then weight and keep your diet right and you'll be ok.

(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-25-2010, 10:48 AM

Welcome to IPYU! Good job on the transformation! Ditto onetiredkris's questions.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 08-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Welcome to the forum and great job on your successes! We're here to help you in anyway that we can.

Do work!
(#8)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM

welcome

feel free to hit any of us up for help, we are all full of knowledge over here

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#9)
Old
fitnessschooled is on a distinguished road

Default 08-26-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchill View Post
Yeah fitnessschooled, ill get some pictures up soon
and onetirekris, my goal from the beggining is to just get plain ole big. im 5'11 with a medium frame, so my realistic goal is to bulk and cut continually until im a dry 175. im at 162 right now. its just extremely easy for me to gain fat because of where i was so heavy once before. i guess its like an alcoholic relapsing; even if i had a cheat weekend and still ate moderately healthy, i might gain 2 pounds of fat.
i havent had my bf% checked accurately in a while. id say im around 12 or 15 %. its real hard to say with my extra skin and my stretched out stomach. but gym goals:
heres my big one. i want to be able to 1rm 225 on bench. i know thats not a lot for most fit people, but those 2 big plates just mentally boost me. i also want to just overall get everything twice as big as it is now. swole. i want to basically fill out a large shirt nicely instead of a small or slim fit medium.

oh and i have looked in to getting this skin removed. but im a broke student and it costs in upwards of 10s of thousands.

thanks guys.
Mesomorphs tend to gain fat easily. You might be one.

As far as I know, skin removal ain't that expensive. I guess it's the technology which will make it expensive.

I forgot to welcome you in the forum.
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM

Welcome to IPYU. Real good job. I understand the stuff you went through at school. Just keep your head up and stay focused on your goal.