IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page 50 year old needs help
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

50 year old needs help
(#1)
Old
jaimec is on a distinguished road

Default 50 year old needs help - 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM

Im 52 years old and I weight 262 lbs. with a 34-36 waist. I have a 50 inch chest and 17 inch arms. I just can seam to grow. Im getting stronger, but not growing. I take protein in the morning along with a Mulit Vit. and Amino, BCAA, Beef Liver Tab. I have been working out since I was 15 years old until i reach 30 years old and I stop because of business taking over, now i have started again, 6 months ago. Am i doing something wrong?? It seem I need a kick start.

Jaime
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM

I'VE RUN INTO THE SAME THING, I'M 54 AND POWERLIFTED IN TEXAS FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS, BUT I HAVE BEEN A RUNNER, CYCLIST, I'VE TAKEN TAEKWANDO THEN I CYCLED AGAIN, THEN TOOK UP RUNNING AGAIN. THE LAST TWO YEARS I'VE BEEN LIFTING WEIGHTS AND BUILDING MY BODY AGAIN. AFTER YOU HIT THE 50'S IT'S BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT YOUR BODY DOESN'T GROW LIKE IT DID WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG. RICKB AND MAC, ALONG WITH SOME OF THESE GREAT GUYS CAN STEER YOU TO A SUPPLIMENT THAT WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT. WITH THE DIRECTION I WAS GIVEN HERE I HAVE STARTED LOSING WEIGHT LIKE I THOUGHT I NEVER WOULD. ALL IT WAS, WAS DIET. I CHANGED THAT AND POOF IT STARTED GOING AWAY. DON'T WORRY YOU'LL GROW, IT MIGHT TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO GET THE RESULTS YOU DESIRE. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LIFTING.
BY THE WAY WELCOME TO THE PAGE.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-23-2010, 08:01 AM

Well, welcome aboard first of all! Good to have you here!

If you don't mind, give is the skinny on a typical day's diet and maybe a summary of your week's workout and we'll see if we can see something.
50 year old needs help
(#4)
Old

Default 50 year old needs help - 04-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Just want to say Thank you everbody for the friendship and the help.
First, I want to say is that, checking my records, 20 years ago I'm 6 ft tall, weight in at 235-240 lbs, with a 52 inch chest, 20 inch arms, 32 inch thighs, I think I was in good shape, for lifting since I was 15 years old until I was 25-28 years old. I had a huge chest and bowling ball shoulders, I always thought that my arms were to small for my shoulders and chest. Back then, I took some of the same supplements has I do now. 100% Milk & egg whites protein powder, beef liver tablets, BCAA, Muilt-Vitamin, Kelp and Plain Zinc.

Now, I just started 6 months ago lifting, I'm thick boned, I'm 6 ft tall, weight in at 260 lbs, with 48 inch chest, 17.5 inch arms and small shoulderes with a 36 inch waist and 24 inch thighs. I have gotten stronger, gone up on weight on my sets, but no size. The supplements I use, are Op. Protein Whey in the morning/afternoon, BCAA, Amino's, beef liver tablets, and Animal Muilt-Vit in morning/evening and in the evening ZMA. I just want to grow, My goal is to get bigger then before. Need some help/advice.
Thank you guys,
Jaime

Just for some information:
About a 1 year ago, I started lifting on and off because of my job. I felt I was stronger and growning. The supplements I was taking back then were from SNAC, (Belco) I felt I was growing, even gf said I was getting a wide back, and my arms were growing. Maybe I sould go back to SNAC supplements.
(#5)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Welcome to the board jamiec!!!
We need to see what your food intake looks like buddy. Food is what makes or breaks the deal on growth.
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimec View Post
Just want to say Thank you everbody for the friendship and the help.
First, I want to say is that, checking my records, 20 years ago I'm 6 ft tall, weight in at 235-240 lbs, with a 52 inch chest, 20 inch arms, 32 inch thighs, I think I was in good shape, for lifting since I was 15 years old until I was 25-28 years old. I had a huge chest and bowling ball shoulders, I always thought that my arms were to small for my shoulders and chest. Back then, I took some of the same supplements has I do now. 100% Milk & egg whites protein powder, beef liver tablets, BCAA, Muilt-Vitamin, Kelp and Plain Zinc.

Now, I just started 6 months ago lifting, I'm thick boned, I'm 6 ft tall, weight in at 260 lbs, with 48 inch chest, 17.5 inch arms and small shoulderes with a 36 inch waist and 24 inch thighs. I have gotten stronger, gone up on weight on my sets, but no size. The supplements I use, are Op. Protein Whey in the morning/afternoon, BCAA, Amino's, beef liver tablets, and Animal Muilt-Vit in morning/evening and in the evening ZMA. I just want to grow, My goal is to get bigger then before. Need some help/advice.
Thank you guys,
Jaime

Just for some information:
About a 1 year ago, I started lifting on and off because of my job. I felt I was stronger and growning. The supplements I was taking back then were from SNAC, (Belco) I felt I was growing, even gf said I was getting a wide back, and my arms were growing. Maybe I sould go back to SNAC supplements.
Do you have a son named Tom? ....oh nevermind

How about a diet and the layout of your workout?
(#7)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 04-23-2010, 04:26 PM

welcome to the board,good one rick.

Controlled labs supps.
50 year old needs help
(#8)
Old

Default 50 year old needs help - 04-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Hello everybody ! Thanks again for your help.
What I eat ? Let me gave you some I idea what I eat. Has soon has I get up in the morning (5:30 a.m.), I start making me a protein shake, I use 2 scoops of Op. 100% Whey protein with 2 cups of whole milk and a bananna. 1 hour later, for breakfast, I make my self a 6 egg omlets, with spinch n ham, tuna fish, ground beef, or chicken, with feta chesse, and slices of tomato and Take all my supplements. Two hours later, I have a chicken sandwhich with lettice n tomato, some low fat cottage cheese, and a piece of fruit. At noon, for lunch I have another chicken sandwhich and a bowl of brown rice, with veggies and a protein shake, at 3 oclock I have some fruit and veggies. When I get home at 6, I have a small protein shake with my Supplements. I'm at the gym at about 7:30 p.m. work out for about 1.5 -2 hours. after working out, for dinner I have Chicken and Wheat Pasta, fish and brown rice, veggies and a bake patato with steak, i have this different nights, after dinner, I take my Amino's, BCAA, beef liver tab. and at bed time i take ZMA. I eat like this and take my supplements for the whole week.
Saturday and Sunday, is about the same, except dinner. I do know that if you want to get big you have to eat big. I eat about 6 meals or more a day. I think I eat good. What is you advice ??
50 year old needs help
(#9)
Old

Default 50 year old needs help - 04-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Hello everybody ! Thanks again for your help.
What I eat ? Let me gave you some I idea what I eat. Has soon has I get up in the morning (5:30 a.m.), I start making me a protein shake, I use 2 scoops of Op. 100% Whey protein with 2 cups of whole milk and a bananna. 1 hour later, for breakfast, I make my self a 6 egg omlets, with spinch n ham, tuna fish, ground beef, or chicken, with feta chesse, and slices of tomato and Take all my supplements. Two hours later, I have a chicken sandwhich with lettice n tomato, some low fat cottage cheese, and a piece of fruit. At noon, for lunch I have another chicken sandwhich and a bowl of brown rice, with veggies and a protein shake, at 3 oclock I have some fruit and veggies. When I get home at 6, I have a small protein shake with my Supplements. I'm at the gym at about 7:30 p.m. work out for about 1.5 -2 hours. after working out, for dinner I have Chicken and Wheat Pasta, fish and brown rice, veggies and a bake patato with steak, i have this different nights, after dinner, I take my Amino's, BCAA, beef liver tab. and at bed time i take ZMA. I eat like this and take my supplements for the whole week.
Saturday and Sunday, is about the same, except dinner. I do know that if you want to get big you have to eat big. I eat about 6 meals or more a day. I think I eat good. What is you advice ??
(#10)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM

Honestly that diet sounds to perfect for the average person to be eating, but ill take your word for it.

So you've been lifting for 6 months now (lately at least). Have you had any fat loss? How do you feel about your bodyfat level right now? It could be possible that you are growing muscle but not visually seeing it due to fat hiding it.

Whens the last time youve had a blood test?

If you truly eat how you posted (which is intelligent and researched) I would assume your using a set workout routine. What lifting routine are you using now?
50 year old needs help
(#11)
Old

Default 50 year old needs help - 04-24-2010, 02:32 AM

Guys, Thats the way I eat. I'm not fat, I do have some tone, but, to me it just sames a slow muscle gains. I not really a red meat eater, i eat meat about once a month, but lately I'm eating more. I have always enjoy eating chicken and fish, always. I have also stayed away from salt, sugar, and white foods, like pasta and breads. Just recently, I started going back to eating carbs like I used to, when I was working out, but I'm eating good carbs, like wheat pasta, long grain brown rice, dark wheat rye bread, and I have always stayed away from sugar. The only thing I'm not happy with is that I have slow gains,.............may be I just need a kick start???

Thank you guys

Jaime
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 04-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Welcome to the forum jamiec!
(#13)
Old
naug44 has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Welcome aboard jaimec. I think when you hit a certain age you need to workout more for maintenance rather than size. I am 47 and while I find myself getting stronger I do not find myself getting that much bigger. Like papaw said, it seems to take longer. Donít get discourage and listen to the advice from the gurus here at IPYU. Good luck and keep us posted of your progress. Later.
(#14)
Old
swatcop is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to swatcop
Default 07-26-2010, 07:57 AM

Im gonna go with onetiredkris on this and ask if you had a blood test recently. The reason I am asking this is you may have low test levels. I had mine checked and they were horrible and I am only 46. Get then checked my Dr. prescribed me a test therapy and it has worked wonders. Just my opinion.
(#15)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatcop View Post
Im gonna go with onetiredkris on this and ask if you had a blood test recently. The reason I am asking this is you may have low test levels. I had mine checked and they were horrible and I am only 46. Get then checked my Dr. prescribed me a test therapy and it has worked wonders. Just my opinion.
Man you just appear and disappear. How you doing. We have missed. ya. You need to post more.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#16)
Old

Default 04-13-2011, 02:26 AM

Hello, everyone. I'm back!!!!!
(#17)
Old

Default 04-13-2011, 02:45 AM

it's been a ______ year. Got sick for a couple of months, shoulder problem, then a mountain bike accident, screw up my right knee. but, started lifting again, a month ago, easy on the shoulder's, benching 85lb dumbbells, overhead press 65lbs, move up 10lb per side next week. Arms are getting stronger, picking up speed, but still want to be in control. I got all kind s of supplements, maybe Roaring Mac could help me. You right about having low Test. Well, getting late, I have to be up at 6am and be at the LifeScan by 9am. (Ca. Time) See you guys later.
(#18)
Old

Default 04-13-2011, 02:45 AM

it's been a ______ year. Got sick for a couple of months, shoulder problem, then a mountain bike accident, screw up my right knee. but, started lifting again, a month ago, easy on the shoulder's, benching 85lb dumbbells, overhead press 65lbs, move up 10lb per side next week. Arms are getting stronger, picking up speed, but still want to be in control. I got all kind s of supplements, maybe Roaring Mac could help me. You right about having low Test. Well, getting late, I have to be up at 6am and be at the LifeScan by 9am. (Ca. Time) See you guys later.
(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-13-2011, 05:54 AM

Hey man welcome back. Bad news about the injuries. Lets get some stats up and see some progress.

Good to have you aboard