IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Topic of the Week
Reload this Page Gym Pet Peeves!
Topic of the Week Just what it says. Each week we will have a new Topic to discuss. If you have one, feel free to start it.

(#81)
Old
xstraight_hatex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xstraight_hatex
Default 06-26-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Nutrition advice I can understand.

what would your definition of Obese be. I'm a larger guy and Have trained people for years in Power lifting, strong man and bodybuilding. I certainly don't claim to know all about Contest dieting but some of us Power Lifters can put the hurt on many a smaller lifters when it comes to performance in the gym. Now I'm not your typical Round boy but I do have my extra pounds I carry around. I don't like the attitudes that if a person is thinner and has abs they think they know it all.

Now I have seen larger guys that give out advice that is pure bullshit. I will admit that and usually those are the ones that can't even lift their own body weight. That is how I can tell if a big guy knows what he is talking about. I don't think that If I see a guy that weighs over 300 pounds and is benching 405 or 600 pounds on squats for reps, that I'm going to question his methods of how he got that strong.
I am talking about the trainers that are in the box gyms with the general public that are obviously overweight them selves. I'm not talking about the powerlifter, strongman, olympic lifter trainers. Those individuals I would expect to be large and respect that. I agree with you on the thinner person with abs, I can't stand those individuals either.

Repping LG Sciences http://www.lgsciences.com/ SAVE 30% USE CODE nalder30
Hydraulix Athlete http://hydraulix.refr.cc/5Q9WQQ3
Follow me on Instagram @joshnalder
Personal Trainer
NASM-CPT
ISSA-CFT, FT
IKFF-CKT LEVEL 1

Training Log: http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=15459

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.
(#82)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstraight_hatex View Post
I am talking about the trainers that are in the box gyms with the general public that are obviously overweight them selves. I'm not talking about the powerlifter, strongman, olympic lifter trainers. Those individuals I would expect to be large and respect that. I agree with you on the thinner person with abs, I can't stand those individuals either.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#83)
Old
1morerep is on a distinguished road

Default 09-27-2013, 04:15 AM

not only in the locker room but in the FREAKING SAUNA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
Naked old men in the locker rooms must be a universal problem at gyms! Lol. I can't even recall how many times I've walked into the locker room and I have the view of a naked old guy bending over. Something that nobody should ever have to see!!!
(#84)
Old

Default 09-27-2013, 04:21 AM

Not only overweight but their routine are straight from a cookie jar. One template fit all!!! NOT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstraight_hatex View Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1morerep For This Useful Post:
bb12 (10-01-2013)
(#85)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-27-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morerep View Post
Not only overweight but their routine are straight from a cookie jar. One template fit all!!! NOT!!!!!

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#86)
Old
jasonorland88 is on a distinguished road

Default 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM

This is why I'm glad I workout at my brothers gym(garage) don't have to worry about gym guys. Although we still rerack all the weights and break down the barbells. Only thing we don't do is break down the leg press. We leave 400lbs on there all the time, we don't like moving the 100lb plates...lol
(#87)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 10-01-2013, 10:57 PM

Junk Talkers....

Guys that like to talk to you in the locker room with their junk on display. I mean, come on...

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#88)
Old

Default 10-03-2013, 06:44 PM

well...finally happen today. This mofo (civilian) went to the squat rack to see how many more sets I have in the squat rack. He want to CURL!!!!! WTF!

this is an Army gym and due to my position I need to behave...lucky him.