IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Topic of the Week
Reload this Page Gym Pet Peeves!
Topic of the Week Just what it says. Each week we will have a new Topic to discuss. If you have one, feel free to start it.

(#41)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-26-2011, 03:16 PM

recently in the divine wisdom of the gym owner he put in a second floor which was fine until he put dumbells up there.i working at the gym tonight and someone dropped the dumbells on the floor and knocked the light covers off onto guys doin cables so i went up and low and behold it was the 3 smallest guys in the gym using the 60pound dumbells on the flat bench.these 3 guys are known for not doing anything in correct form and one of them is like 4foot 11 and has a serious case of short guy attitude.anyhow i went up and started to ask them not to drop the weights and all 3 of them turned around and stepped up like they wanted to fight me.i started laughing and then so did a few other people. it was one of the most embarassing things ive ever saw in person.they all left soon after that.

Controlled labs supps.
(#42)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-26-2011, 03:20 PM

think 495 was about his limit he should of stuck with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
This is a great example of how to not get big traps, how to get injured, and try to make yourself appear very strong.

Extreme Barbell Shrugs (765 lbs) - YouTube

Controlled labs supps.
(#43)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM

I like to lift very heavy but you still have to have some gym etiquette.
On the flip side how would you like this in your gym? I like the hardcore training but how do you feel about throwing weights and all that? lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu2zR8HJ4xc"]Branch Warren - Unchained - YouTube[/ame]
(#44)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM

I dont think very many people would tell that man he couldn't throw the weights! lol. I think its ridiculous though. I like hardcore training also but what purpose does it serve to throw stuff?

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#45)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
All that......and then he tears his quadricep while stepping out of a car

(#46)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Oh throwing weights...the fine line to walk.

I'll admit, anytime I'm doing heavy presses with db's, those mothers are going to hit the floor, although i bring em as low as I can before lettin em loose, and my hands are usually attached when they hit the floor...usually. I call this the "my arms are shot dismount". Everybody does it at my gym down in the meat dungeon (bottom floor/basement, dropping stuff is not allowed upstairs..dk if it's for the floor or cuz all the yuppies stay up there), although nobody's "throwing" them it's just I'm not about to let 80+ pounds land on my knee just to avoid making noise, that shits for planet fitless.

But pulling plates off bars n machines n letten em fall...no need for that, it's already in your hand, you already got up to do it. Unless you're in a badass gym doing serious drop sets anyway.

So ya, pretty much unless you're doing db presses and you're doing the drop dismount rather than throwing things like a turdball, there's not much reason to throw the weights around.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#47)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
All that......and then he tears his quadricep while stepping out of a car

Don't forget the torn tricep walking down some stairs

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#48)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Here's the deal on Branch Warren. Most of this stuff was done in his training area which is his territory. He does what he wants on his turf. I'm sure he has gym etiquette anywhere else but that is his home.

This is the problem with places like Planet fitness. they don't want any noise what so ever.

when lifting this type of heavy ass weight there is going to be some grunting and some pumping up to get that mind right.

Throwing the weights. ....... That was for video and we all know it. again he is at home.

Now as far as dumbell work is concerned. This is a big debate because most of us know that using larger heavy dumb bells really build strength and really work the muscle so with that said how do you let something down easy when you are spent and tired. The answer is you can't but if you have spotters they can sometimes take the load off when you are done. Also now days they are coming out with nice gym mats that soften the blow when these weights fall and also the dumb bell themselves are rubber and help alot.

Robert those guys you were dealing with are ass holes to begin with I would have thrown their ass out just for the attutude. But hey that's me.

I know there are some things you have to over look in a gym when it comes to dropping weights but there is also common sense too.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#49)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Ya I should mention my gym does have those rubber mats upstairs and down. All the weights and db's upstairs are the rubber coated kind, and the heavier db's have the fatter grip on em which is nice...too bad I never use em lol.

Downstairs it's old fashioned iron, and most of the db's from 100-140lbs at least 1 in 2 has a bent grip from them things gettin smashed n dropped etc. It's like night and day between the two floors lol, the machines in both look are in immaculate condition, just the iron downstairs is well, not for aesthetics lol. Serious meat head territory

(#50)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 10-26-2011, 08:42 PM

When people (fat girls) go on the treadmill for 10 minutes walking acting like they did work, get off and leave. Ex. My ex-girlfriend and her ox of a bestfriend
(#51)
Old

Default 10-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Don't forget the torn tricep walking down some stairs
I have heard alot of people say how horrible his form is.
I cringe watching his form cause it looks like an injury waiting to happen.

Mac is right though. Alot of it was for camera, and that is his stomping ground.
Good for him!

I used to go to this one gym and these two guys would help me during my workouts. They worked at the gym and wouldn't even be working out just right there helping me my whole workout. It was firring awesome.
They would load plates, take them off. Scream at me. I loved it.
AAHHH. that wud be nice again!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#52)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM

IPYU needs a gym and I should be employee #1...we can do all the screaming/working we want.

(#53)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM

Im wit you

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#54)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM

I second that, when I was in my powerlifting prime yelling gave me about 20 more pounds I could lift. lol
The only thing I can say about Branch Warren is he's a beast, but one of those 45's lands on his foot he be in for lots of surgery and rehab.
(#55)
Old

Default 11-03-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
I second that, when I was in my powerlifting prime yelling gave me about 20 more pounds I could lift. lol
The only thing I can say about Branch Warren is he's a beast, but one of those 45's lands on his foot he be in for lots of surgery and rehab.
We are always saying that the owner should open up a gym.
Be friggin awesome. A nasty gym!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-03-2011, 03:18 PM

I just want a job doing something I love lol...idc if I gotta sweep floors, long as it pays the rent n my supp bills.

(#57)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 11-03-2011, 05:01 PM

Hey I would be down to work in a gym! Lol.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#58)
Old

Default 11-04-2011, 11:23 AM

I used to wrok at Gold's. It was such a fun job.
Loved it. But I had to go sit in my car and relax and reset my mind before I went back in to workout. Weird being there all day then going straight to workout.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
We could call the new gym...
(#59)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default We could call the new gym... - 11-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
We are always saying that the owner should open up a gym.
Be friggin awesome. A nasty gym!!
I think if we could open up our own gym we could call it : Down and Dirty, Scream and Holler Muscle Gym
You would be required to grunt, hollar, etc. to be a member. Everything would be made of
steel, or rubber.
(#60)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 11-04-2011, 03:55 PM

You know down deep we all would love to have a gym like that but the reality of it is most gym owners would like that too but they realize that they have to curtail to all types of clientele. But some gyms get so ridiculous with their rules like Planet fitness they become what they preach they are not. A no Judgement zone , yeah whatever. LOL

But gyms have to cater to all people to get people in the doors. I would like to see a gym have a section that on the door is said enter at your own Risk. and a list of things if you are offended against to not go in. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW