IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Topic of the Week
Reload this Page Gym Pet Peeves!
Topic of the Week Just what it says. Each week we will have a new Topic to discuss. If you have one, feel free to start it.

Gym Pet Peeves!
(#1)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default Gym Pet Peeves! - 10-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Curls in the power rack?
Taking 8 hours on a single machine?
Talkers?

We all have pet peeves in the gym, but not only would I like to find out what your pet peeve is but also want to work together on how to approach them!
This should be fun!

My pet peeve is loud talkers who talk the whole time in the gym very very loudly.
Ain't nobody want to hear that garbage!!
Also why do very old men think the mens locker room is a day spa?
Just straight up chillin naked reading the paper, cutting toe nails, and shaving naked. WTH????????????

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#2)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
Also why do very old men think the mens locker room is a day spa?
Just straight up chillin naked reading the paper, cutting toe nails, and shaving naked. WTH????????????
All bad.....
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Default 10-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Cologne in the gym....if theyre lucky enough to break a sweat with their halfassed workout, the smell becomes unbearable
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-17-2011, 02:46 PM

We have two squat racks. I hate when someone is trying to use both to do some sort of superset or when 2 people are working out together but use both racks instead of sharing one. If I see this shit and I need to use it I just take it.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM

ALL GOOD ONE.

I GOT ONE FOR YA.

Ever see someone who jerks the shit out of the weight or pulls alot of weight and form is just all over the place then bangs the weight down like they did something.

For big guy like me this pisses me off. I mean if you were actually strong you could control the weight in a matter that would not bring excessive attention to your dumb ass.

Also. Since when did moving the weight like you were a piston in a race car in any shape of the word work the muscle. Oh I know most people want to throw the weight on and move it as fast as possible thinking this will gain strength and muscle. Wrong. Hell boys and girls I bet if you slowed down with that huge weight you were using and actually done it in the right 6 months from now you would be twice as strong and actually built some muscle.

That brings me to shoulder shrugs. 99.999999% of the people I see doing shrugs do them..... you guessed it. WRONG!!!!!

I bet I can take anyone who thinks throwing on over 500 lbs on the shrugs and make them lighten the weight and do it right they can't get a good 10 reps.

See, Gravity is a bitch and it don't give so throwing around weight does you know good in building muscle. Slow and steady makes it work harder and in the long run you will gain more.

Proven fact my friend. I may be fat but I've moved some heavy ass stuff in my life and know how to get strong.

Those are just couple of my pet peeves.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#6)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Good stuff Mac!!
Shrugs in general piss me off.
Man up, and go bent over bb row or deadlift.
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-17-2011, 04:45 PM

I heart shrugs, especially 12plates on the HS machine shrugs lol...haven't met a shoulder workout I don't like.

But pet peeves? We got this guy in our gym, I call him sponge bob. He's a wanna be bodybuilder (granted he is huge but he's shaped like a square) who works out with an old powerlifter dude. Always throwing weights around n droppin shit when he does deads etc yelling like a moron...then wonders why he places 3rd out of 3 LOL.

Kids bounching BB's off their chest trying to bench, and I literally mean high school kids.

Dudes who obviously don't work legs, then brag about their bench.

This one fat kid who's strong, brags about how strong he is this n that...but really dude looks like a loaded potato...don't brag if you don't wanna be judged.

The fact that every middle aged woman CANT park worth the crap at the gym, and theres 60 of them in every aerobics/spin/zoomba class, taking up ALL the parking.

The guy who knows everybody with the stuffed full of supps duffle bag and gallon jug of water, who you never see actually lift anything.

String bean kids working out together, taking up 2 benches instead of one with half the rack of dumbells at their bench.

Old naked dudes in the locker room, like for real man pants were invented forever ago, get some.

Dudes on gear that don't share.

Scales with no batteries, but a big sign saying the tanning beds have new bulbs.

People so jacked yet too lazy to rack their weights when they're done.

Girls who announce "ew it smells like sweat down here" then go back upstairs.

I could go on but it would drive me nuts, way easier to turn up the volume on the ipod, rock some black label and ignore the stupid and just do work lol

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#8)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-17-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Dudes on gear that don't share.
I love it
(#9)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-17-2011, 04:58 PM

putting every 45 pound plate in the gym on the leg press machine and doin 1/4 reps
guys who sweat like they climed out of a pool and dont wipe it off the bench
idiots who talk on their phones (which our gym just banned)
theres a guy whose all kited out in golds gym gear from head to toe and has no clue what the hell hes doing.

Controlled labs supps.
(#10)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Naked old men in the locker rooms must be a universal problem at gyms! Lol. I can't even recall how many times I've walked into the locker room and I have the view of a naked old guy bending over. Something that nobody should ever have to see!!!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#11)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM

It is a universal problem. I swear once is too many, but I hate to admit how many times I've come into the locker room only to find some super nova white ass sticking straight up while they are bent over. Can they not aim that thing somewhere else???? I tell my buddies "there's 6 more months of winter or something like that!"

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#12)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 10-17-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
It is a universal problem. I swear once is too many, but I hate to admit how many times I've come into the locker room only to find some super nova white ass sticking straight up while they are bent over. Can they not aim that thing somewhere else???? I tell my buddies "there's 6 more months of winter or something like that!"
ROFL That's my only pet peeve look it's 2011 wrap a towel around your ass.....I am not a fan of the the nut factory neither is the dude who has to sit there and endure a conversation with the old man who's doing a Cpt Morgan pose in his face!!!!! pleas stop it.

Well one more pet peeve is guys who get on gear and insist on telling other people....look if gets back to me that your on gear guess how many other donkey's know protect your source dudes!!!!! dang be smart about it unless one cycle is all you want to do cause you bout to get your source done in.

Bigmix
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 10-17-2011, 09:27 PM

I have to agree with the naked old guy. I know they're comfortable with their body, so am I but I really am not into looking at another old man or showing what God gave me. So I second the "put on a towel". Also another peeve of mine is wet feet. Dry your feet off, I'm not interested in stepping in your shower water. Especially on the scales when I weigh myself. There's a guy that does quarter reps. I don't have the heart to tell him that if he can't do full reps, to me it's not worth doing the lift.
(#14)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-17-2011, 10:15 PM

That's ware I like to just walk in and yell 'what's going on ladies? It must be cold as hell in here!!"
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 10-18-2011, 05:51 AM

man my gym is pretty laid back compared to these. We don't have a locker room for starters... lol no nude dudez for me!

people talking and sitting on machines not using them.

People using a single pulley machine in the dual pulley machine ( for chest flys and such)

People with bad form lifting too much. Mainly Dumbbell Curls. wiping their body so fast swaying back and forth just to Rep the 50lbs DBs a few times... so lame.

Ill add more later :P
(#16)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 10-18-2011, 09:38 AM

GOOD REPLIES!

First the shrug issue. We should call these people the "shrug thugs!!"
We have a bunch of these guys in our gym. You know the type.
Shrugs like that don't build muscle.

Second...
Stuck up fitness chicks. They do a figure contest and all of a sudden they think they can't be talkin to. Dumb. One girl in our gym actually went up to some friends of mine and told them to stop staring at her. She was wearing the shortest tightest shorts that looked more like a large belt and was doing stiff-legged deadlifts on a platform.

If you wear Daisy Dukes, guess what, dudes are gonna be staring.

Had a girl just the other day make a comment about how loud I was being. She did it while she was walking to make it easy on herself.
I was soooo mad.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM

Oh, Tim we have a lady(?) in our gym, looks to be in early to mid 40's. Last night she was doing a decient workout I thought anyway. So she starts to pick something up off the floor. Guess what, bent from the waist stiff legged and the shorts she was wearing went into the nether regions. I did turn my head back around (and looked in the mirror).
Sometimes she'll sing with the music she's listening to, but that's ok her looks override that.
(#18)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-18-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
That's ware I like to just walk in and yell 'what's going on ladies? It must be cold as hell in here!!"
I can't "Like" your comment, but I do like it! I'll have to use that!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#19)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
GOOD REPLIES!

First the shrug issue. We should call these people the "shrug thugs!!"
We have a bunch of these guys in our gym. You know the type.
Shrugs like that don't build muscle.

Second...
Stuck up fitness chicks. They do a figure contest and all of a sudden they think they can't be talkin to. Dumb. One girl in our gym actually went up to some friends of mine and told them to stop staring at her. She was wearing the shortest tightest shorts that looked more like a large belt and was doing stiff-legged deadlifts on a platform.

If you wear Daisy Dukes, guess what, dudes are gonna be staring.

Had a girl just the other day make a comment about how loud I was being. She did it while she was walking to make it easy on herself.
I was soooo mad.
They wear that stuff for attention!! That is another pet peeve of mine, women who wear super tiny, tight shorts and a small sports bra in the weight room. I like to concentrate on my lifts, but when a woman goes walking by wearing that...well, there goes my concentration on the weights..

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#20)
Old
The Riot!

Default 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
They wear that stuff for attention!! That is another pet peeve of mine, women who wear super tiny, tight shorts and a small sports bra in the weight room. I like to concentrate on my lifts, but when a woman goes walking by wearing that...well, there goes my concentration on the weights..
aint nothing wrong with a little quick test booster