IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Topic of the Week
Reload this Page Funny Gym Stories!
Topic of the Week Just what it says. Each week we will have a new Topic to discuss. If you have one, feel free to start it.

Funny Gym Stories!
(#1)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default Funny Gym Stories! - 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM

Ever have something super embarassing happen to you at the gym??
Oh come on you know you have!!!!

Here are a few from me.

Farted so hard in a remote corner of a the gym and walked away and some personal trainer chick and her female client walked right into it literally seconds after I dropped it!

Split my pants doing front squats! Friggin stunk. LOL

Farted doing leg presses. LOL
Farted doing squats. Both of these under observation.

Nose started bleeding right in front on the girl while I was deadlifting. She was like 4 feet in front of me watching me deadlift. Scared the heck out of her.

Puked in the gym bathroom.
Puked in the gym parking lot.

Hurt my back doing deadlifts so bad that had to walk out of the gym in an "L" position!!!

Come on - cough it up!!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 10-03-2011, 11:51 AM

I can confess to the "passing gas" and walking away.
One night I was doing rack sets and added another plate, to one side
Was lifting and added up the weights only to have misadded and didn't do as much as I thought.
(#3)
Old

Default 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
I can confess to the "passing gas" and walking away.
One night I was doing rack sets and added another plate, to one side
Was lifting and added up the weights only to have misadded and didn't do as much as I thought.
I have done that. Especially when I dieting hard.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#4)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-03-2011, 01:22 PM

I think we all have fart stories in gym! Haha. High protein diet + lifting heavy objects sure as heck doesn't help the matter. Lol. Back in high school I was doing some stiff legged dead lifts on a box. I came up to fast and the way the weight shifted it knocked the box I was on over. Definitely not fun at the moment but funny looking back. Wish I had it on video! Lol

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM

Yup....Farts Anonymous member here!

I have been hit in the head with a tricep v-bar like this:

It is apparently heavier than the lightest plate on the cable machine. When I pulled the pin to move it, it started coming down without my knowledge and I raised up and met half way with it. We had a painful meeting. I'm a fast learner though and this only happened 2 more times.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#6)
Old
AX

Default 10-03-2011, 02:23 PM

Haha nice one Rick. This didn't happen to me but watched it happen to a buddy of mine. He loaded up a bunch of plates onto a lat pulldown machine. He did a few reps and then the cable snapped and thebar nailed his chest. He was laying on the ground in pain and I just pointed and laughed! Lol

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#7)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM

doing dumbell presses on an empty stomach with 110's put them down and next thing i woke up on the floor.not a good thing

Controlled labs supps.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
doing dumbell presses on an empty stomach with 110's put them down and next thing i woke up on the floor.not a good thing
WHAT???????????????

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#9)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-03-2011, 03:43 PM

went straight to the gym without eating after work,just wasnt thinking,and the first excercise i did was incline presses with the 110 and did 10 or so and i set them down and leaned back and that was it.woke up on the floor with the gym owner waking me up.lol.still messes with me once in a while.never let that happen again.

Controlled labs supps.
(#10)
Old

Default 10-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
went straight to the gym without eating after work,just wasnt thinking,and the first excercise i did was incline presses with the 110 and did 10 or so and i set them down and leaned back and that was it.woke up on the floor with the gym owner waking me up.lol.still messes with me once in a while.never let that happen again.
Dang man that is crazy as heck. WOW.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#11)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-03-2011, 03:50 PM

luckily it didnt happen with the weight in my hand or worse above my face.

Controlled labs supps.
(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Farted bad in the stretching room while working abs.

Hit my head on the lat pulldown bar about 400 times.

After benching, went to pull a plate off the bar, forgot about the 10lb'er that was also on the bar, which fell on my big toe, which then turned purple for 4 weeks...and I had to chase the rolling weight across the gym lol.

When my legs grew, had an older pair of boxers on, first 5 minutes in the gym, first time I sat down on a bench split those things in half.

When I first started lifting, my left arm gave out while doing db flat press, causing a 60lb db to bounce off my chest and hit the floor, all while hand was still holding on lol.

The funniest happened to my liftin partner. We were doing cable flies on a bulk this spring on the smaller cable setup. Well we were doing the full stack (idk how much that is but it's def a sh!t ton of weight)...andways we couldn't pull it down alone and needed to have the other person stand behind us and push us forward or we'd just get pulled back by the weight. Well he decided he was too proud for me help, said "hey man I got this". I let go, he gets launched off his feet and a good 3' back as the stacks crashed back to the bottom.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#13)
Old
jasandalb is on a distinguished road

Default 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM

A few months before my wife and I were going to get married we joined a gym to change our "lifestyles".... This was about the 4th time I had been to an actual gym in roughly 2-3 years. On this fateful morning, I decided to work chest. I was doing decline bench in front of a few more well built guys...and a few ladies who were in peak "form". So I loaded the bar with 2-45lbs and 2-25lbs. As I laid down on the decline I made sure I had my grip set, as I lifted the bar up I felt like a champ. Suddenly, the realization just what weight was on it got in my head...the bar came down swiftly and as I struggled to even breath...my legs wiggled for help and 2 guys came running over. They pulled the weight off me in front of 2 gorgeous women. As I started to thank them and walk away I tripped over the leg of the rack, fell and broke my wrist. Needless to say.....I canceled my membership the next day.
(#14)
Old
AX

Default 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasandalb View Post
A few months before my wife and I were going to get married we joined a gym to change our "lifestyles".... This was about the 4th time I had been to an actual gym in roughly 2-3 years. On this fateful morning, I decided to work chest. I was doing decline bench in front of a few more well built guys...and a few ladies who were in peak "form". So I loaded the bar with 2-45lbs and 2-25lbs. As I laid down on the decline I made sure I had my grip set, as I lifted the bar up I felt like a champ. Suddenly, the realization just what weight was on it got in my head...the bar came down swiftly and as I struggled to even breath...my legs wiggled for help and 2 guys came running over. They pulled the weight off me in front of 2 gorgeous women. As I started to thank them and walk away I tripped over the leg of the rack, fell and broke my wrist. Needless to say.....I canceled my membership the next day.
Definitely takes the cake! Haha.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#15)
Old
jasandalb is on a distinguished road

Default 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM

thanks devildog. needless to say that was a low point in my workouts. glad my office has a gym!
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM

The funniest happened to my liftin partner. We were doing cable flies on a bulk this spring on the smaller cable setup. Well we were doing the full stack (idk how much that is but it's def a sh!t ton of weight)...andways we couldn't pull it down alone and needed to have the other person stand behind us and push us forward or we'd just get pulled back by the weight. Well he decided he was too proud for me help, said "hey man I got this". I let go, he gets launched off his feet and a good 3' back as the stacks crashed back to the bottom.

I see something like that every now and then at our gym. I try not to laugh, I know everytime I missload a bar someone is there getting a good laugh.
(#17)
Old
J Dubya is on a distinguished road

Default 10-03-2011, 10:37 PM

I was walking by one of the racks and something caught my short's pocket. They ripped all the way to the bottom leaving me with one normal side and the other side with just the elastic waist. Luckily I only had a few sets of lat pulls left so I could just lay the fabric over my legs so everyone wasn't staring at what color boxers I was wearing that day... Just another reason to not go commando at the gym.
(#18)
Old

Default 10-04-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasandalb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dubya View Post
I was walking by one of the racks and something caught my short's pocket. They ripped all the way to the bottom leaving me with one normal side and the other side with just the elastic waist. Luckily I only had a few sets of lat pulls left so I could just lay the fabric over my legs so everyone wasn't staring at what color boxers I was wearing that day... Just another reason to not go commando at the gym.
Wow!!

I was doing skullcrushers heavy and this kid was SUPPOSED to be spotting me. My triceps give out quick. Anyway he wasn't paying attention and I dropped the weight on my forehead. Started bleeding.

I got pinned in a leg press once.

Got stuck at the bottom squating with 495lbs.

My buddy was doing sprints on a treadmill and almost crashed.

Funny stories. Keep them coming!!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
(#19)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-04-2011, 10:44 AM

cracked one of my ribs doin leg presses a long time ago.

Controlled labs supps.
(#20)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-04-2011, 11:14 AM

Oh gee, broken rib, nothing but pain there