IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Submit Your Own Articles!
Reload this Page Don't judge Lest You Be Judged
Submit Your Own Articles! Write an article on any fitness or nutrition topic and share it with the world!

Don't judge Lest You Be Judged
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default Don't judge Lest You Be Judged - 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM

In this fitness/bodybuilding/ powerlifting world there are to types people Doers, and Posers. Which one are you . Doers are the ones in there busting their ass creating change . Showing you what they can do instead of talking about it . They are the ones that will put up a video of what they can do instead of a picture . They are the ones that encourage everyone else instead of talking about themselves all the time

Posers are the polar opposite . They talk more than they do. They put up smoke screens about what they can do and are not true leaders they are ultimately selfish . Example of a doer is Ronnie Coleman . He came out and put the posers in their place . He came out showing that body builders could be as strong as they where shredded. He put up videos of his feats of strength instead of professional photos shoots just showing weight and no movement .

Which one are you.....

Let me clue some people in on a couple of things . Fitness is not about the perfect body . Rock hard abs or big biceps . Perfect butt or perfect breasts. It's not about that. It is about you feeling your best mentally and physically . The rest will come. There are to many people out there being judgmental about the wrong things . They see a picture of a girl that they thing is not fit and start slamming what they think is funny and all they are doing is making themselves look like idiots . First off you don't see pictures of them . It always seems to be the one with no pictures who spew crap from their mouths anyway.

But back to what I was saying it is about how you, yourself in how you feel about yourself is all that counts I see plenty of guys and girls in the gym who lack confidence in themselves and when they start on this journey you see that confidence coming out of them. This is what is so special about exercise . It is the feeling you get knowing you are doing so,etching good for your body.

Finally what does the bible say:
Do not judge lest you be judged . Pretty cool words to go buy

Let's make sure we stay humble in what we do. I promise you, you will go further not bragging on yourself or pointing out you are better than someone else. Let your hard work speak for itself. If you are one of those types where fitness comes easy for you. It is your responsiblity to help others. You will reep more rewards from being a Doer than a Poser.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM

great words mac.perfect breasts and butts are nice though.lol

Controlled labs supps.
(#3)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 03-27-2013, 07:33 PM

One thing that gets me is when people label themselves as bodybuilders, powerlifters, and strongmen.

Sorry but, until you have won a title, you are just a guy who lift weights. I have never competed in any of the above events, and don't plan too. I'm just a guy, lifting weights.

To be honest, I couldn't imagine anything worse than being labelled and categorised.
(#4)
Old
alegator is on a distinguished road

Default 03-28-2013, 10:34 PM

Mac - excellent post. I am an overweight, 54 year old who started in the gym 6 years ago after my brother told me it was time to hit it or make sure I have my final affairs in order. Lost 60 pounds. Feel better at 54 than I did at 48. Exactly what you said - fitness is about feeling your best mentally and physically.

Thanks for the extra motivation to walk into the gym tommorrow.
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM

No problem. That is honestly what this entire website and forum is about. Sure competing is great and becoming a bodybuilder is some peoples dreams, but we all where not meant for that. With that said we all owe it to ourselves to feel good and be healthy.

(#6)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 04-22-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
With that said we all owe it to ourselves to feel good and be healthy.
A very underrated concept. Bodybuilding or powerlifting is all well and good, if that's your thing. But I think a good quality of life, extension of life and personal well being should never be overlooked.

The typical bodybuilding diet, just isn't suitable for some people. Always tailor a diet to your own individual needs.

I hear people moaning about not being able to build an extra pound of muscle etc, and my answer is, when your 80, will you care? Think about your whole life, not just what's happening now. It's not all about muscle!
(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM

EXACTLY