IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Topic of the Week
Reload this Page Busting out of a plateau.
Topic of the Week Just what it says. Each week we will have a new Topic to discuss. If you have one, feel free to start it.

Busting out of a plateau.
(#1)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default Busting out of a plateau. - 08-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Ever look in the mirror and think "I need to change something NOW?"
There was a time where I knew changes needed to be made. For me it was training too heavy. I was strong as heck but needed more growth fast. I started doing stuff like changing tempos, more negatives, twice a week workouts, and started doing very different exercises that I never do and rep schemes I never do.
So glad I made the change because I have grown sooo much.
What helped you bust out of a rut of plateau??

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#2)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM

I just try to switch it up about every 4-5 weeks. I'll go really heavy with low reps and then i'll change it to lighter weight with more reps. Keeps my muscles confused at whats going on. Lol. That seems to be the best for me. But now im doing twice a week training also but I split it up. Like I will do chest on Mondays and Thursdays. Monday being heavy weight with low reps, Thursday being light weight high reps. It seems to be working so far.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.