IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Open Chat
Reload this Page Polar heart rate monitor
Open Chat Discuss anything here.

Polar heart rate monitor
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default Polar heart rate monitor - 04-08-2008, 05:15 AM

Anyone have or use one? Wife wants a F6 for her cardio. Good, bad, not worth it??

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#2)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-08-2008, 05:36 AM

I don’t know anything about that model but Polar has been making monitors since the mid 80’s so it should be pretty good, Ashley Wilcox uses a heart rate monitor he might know more. They are awesome for racing as you can stay right at your threshold without going anaerobic, but when I start sweating all the straps and data processing is a little too much for my brain I usually focus on breathing and stride, my coach always said of me “no brain no pain”. I still don’t know what he was saying.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#3)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-08-2008, 05:45 AM

http://heartratemonitorsusa.com/F6W-pink-coral.html

With free overnight shipping. They have the pink one too. It looks like a great product.

Online review:

Pros:
Back Light, Easy to operate, Good Value, Professional Looking, Simple Set-up
Cons:
No Cycling Data
Best Uses:
Cycling, Power walking, Running, Stair climbing
This is the 3rd HRM that I've owned and by far the best. It has all of the HR data features that I'm looking for. I have a computer on my bike so I don't need any cycling data on my HRM. It stores up to 12 exercise periods and allows you to pause during a workout without loosing data. The back light is great for early AM or late PM workouts. It is super easy to set up and operation is logical and simple. You can even personalize it with your initials on the screen! I love mine.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true

This link does not have free shipping and may not have pink but they are great to deal with and if for ANY reason you can get your money back for 30 days.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-08-2008, 05:50 AM

I want to get one but I don't thing the strap would go around my chest. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old
Tough old man is a splendid one to behold Tough old man is a splendid one to behold Tough old man is a splendid one to behold

Default 04-08-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I want to get one but I don't thing the strap would go around my chest. LOL.
LOL you need one that fits a bear.

I'm Old, I'm Tough but I know what I'm talking about.

If you ate half of what I eat, you wouldn't be 6' tall and 150 lbs

I pull no punches, I tell it like it is
(#6)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM

the F6 is nice if all you want to know is your heart rate. it has an upper and lower limit that you can set, too, I believe.

I have an RS 200, which is nice because it has five zones that you can set in it. However, I've kind of memorized my zones. Even for all the bells and whistles (you can also sinc it with a Foot Pod to track your mileage and speed), I don't necessarily think it is worth the price.

The F6 will be fine.

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM

Thanks for all the comments. I think the F6 in pink is what she will get. Thanks for the link too Kick. i had seen them as a direct link from the Polar website. Free overnight shipping is a huge plus!! That and no sales tax on it. That saves $7.70 right there!!!

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#8)
Old
jfranklin is on a distinguished road

Default 09-08-2015, 11:16 AM

I got my wife the Garmin Forerunner 920XT Multisport Fitness Watch for Christmas. It is a bit pricey but it is what she wanted. I got her the read and white one. She loves it and uses it when she rides, runs, does yoga and works out. Of course it is a watch and she almost always wears it. I got this at www.clevertraining.com.