IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down
Reload this Page loosing fat
Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down Cardiovascular exercise, high intensity interval training, and exercise routines to burn excess fat. Helpful diet tips for looking your leanest.

loosing fat
(#1)
Old
GETinSHapenow is on a distinguished road

Cool loosing fat - 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM

i want to be real tone by october for my wedding. right now im around 185 at 6 foot tall. i work out every day just strength trianing mostly. but i still have unwanted fat around my gut and lower face. in the lower face its more like bloated sometimes. anyone have any advice to give me? i have no clue of the proper foods to eat but all i drink basically is water,so thats one thing on my side.

here a list what im looking for

a. good cardio work out, where i live there is many hills, so what i want to know is proper amount of miles to run on a incline

B. and some good foods to eat

thanks
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-24-2007, 11:19 PM

Welcome to IPYU. I'm not a diet or cardio expert, but I think you should read this:
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=9665

Good foods for losing weight is high protein foods like lean beef, chicken, & tuna. Low Fat cottage cheese is good. Green veggies are good for your diet too. Keep the carbs (preferably complex carbs such as whole grain food items) low to very moderate early in the day. Cut them off mid-afternoon at the latest. Eating smart small meals often can help keep your body in a state that will help you burn fat as well. Seems ironic, but it's true.

Regarding cardio, if you aren't already adapted to running, maybe do brisk walks or walk/jog combo. Getting your heart rate up and maintaining it for more that 25 minutes puts you in prime fat burning mode. Since you already drink water, that is good, but make sure you drink plenty.

Someone better than me can come along and tweak or add to what I've said...but hopefully this can help you get started! Keep us posted.
(#3)
Old

Default 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM

thank you man. today I started i ran about 40 minutes mostly up hill. where i was running there huge hills. so i ran up this one 3 times, what a burn on my legs heart beat was going nice too, felt good. after my run just did some push up 25x5 and 10 minutes of crunches. my regular work out i lift everyday during the week. so with me starting to run again, i think i should be able to get the body i want if i stick to it and diet well.

thanks again also what is the benefit of eating just the eggs white rather than the entire scramble eggs
(#4)
Old
teenbodybuilder0102 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to teenbodybuilder0102
Default 08-25-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETinSHapenow View Post

thanks again also what is the benefit of eating just the eggs white rather than the entire scramble eggs
well the white is where the protein is , and the yolk contains some bad stuff like cholesteral, and fat. at your weight you should eat like 6-8 egg whites and mabe 1-2 yolks for each egg meal.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
- henry rollins
(#5)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 08-25-2007, 05:08 PM

cholesterol is not all bad. in fact, you need fat to burn fat. the reason being that High Density Lipoproteins (HDL Cholesterol) are a protein/fat combination that transport fat to the liver for burning. However, cholesterol as it is ingested is as Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL Cholesterol). The body converts this to HDL as a matter of need.

Even when cutting, you need fat in your diet (you need ALL nutrients ALL the time). As Rick said, that continuous cardio that you can do for 25 minutes and more is going to burn fat immediately for energy.

As for high intensity work, your heart rate will be too elevated and you'll be burning sugar (carbs) for fuel. This isn't a bad thing, though. High Intensity Interval Training (the hill work you are doing) will put your body into a fat-burning mode for some time after your workout is finished.

My advice: hill work twice a week. Really work hard to get up the hill as fast as you can, take a break (walk or light jog for a minute to two minutes), and go for it again. Aim for 7 hills.

Three other times in the week (or more), walk/jog on an incline or step up on a short stepper for 30+ minutes, with the goal of doing it for an hour. This will burn fat directly.

Good luck!

(look, guys, i tried really hard not to rant about energy systems this time! i'm getting better at keeping my answers short!!!)

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#6)
Old
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 08-25-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loaf View Post
i'm getting better at keeping my answers short!!!
okay, maybe not short, but definately not quite as long!

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the burgers....
(#7)
Old

Default 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM

thanks to everyone
(#8)
Old

Default 08-26-2007, 01:36 PM

stuck with my routine again today. took your advide did the hill 7 times. i was feeling the burn in my legs, for a little while after i was done running. felt good
(#9)
Old

Default 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM

sounds great. remember to cool down afterwards and then stretch.

I got the burgers....
(#10)
Old

Default 08-26-2007, 09:46 PM

what are some lean beefs? i have no clue about what foods to eat. i been eating egg whites, fruits and peice of wheat bread in the morning. what is a good lunch to have? grilled chicken salad or grilled chicken on wheat? for dinner i probably eat a steak few days week. can some one respond and tell me if this is a good or not
(#11)
Old

Default 08-26-2007, 09:53 PM

i also eat fruits and veggies for snacks. i basically been eating apples and grapes, instead of a bag chips or candy bar. also i like carrots but not real sure if there a value in them.
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-27-2007, 10:58 AM

For the time being I would only eat Lean beef in the form of good cut of meat once a week. If you like fish that is what is good to eat at night. Salmon, Tilipia, any and all sorts of white fish. Salmon is a fatty fish but it is a good fat. Mix that in your diet as well.

You could try a carb cut off in the evening: Meaning cut all complex carbs out after about 4 in the afternoon. This means at your last dinner do not eat complex carbs. You can however eat fiberous carbs like vegtables but watch out how you dress them up. Steam them and then apply spray butter on them for taste. The spray butter is fat free. Make sure you have protein with it as well. Like fish or chicken.

Cardio:

What you are doing is great The Loaf gave you some excellent advice on this. I will however add one thing to make you happy at what you are doing.
A recent study actually proved that HITT cardio: Short but intense cardio for 20 minutes to 30 minutes actually is better for burning fat than long duratin cardio. The reasons for this is what The Loaf described no sense in repeating them,but is will make your body to continue to burn calories and most importantly fat because your metabolism will continue to be higher afterward.

Good Luck.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#13)
Old

Default 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM

i've been reading alot about that lately, too, mac. there's been alot about HIIT lately it seems (or maybe a little bit that gets talked about alot; either way, i think it's great).

i just think that really high intensity work like HIIT should be limited to two or three times a week. could you imagine sprinting everyday? and doing legs somewhere in there? ouch.....

I got the burgers....
(#14)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM

Oh, Yeah, Definately 3 times a week at most. Forgot to add that in there Thanks.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#15)
Old
dpbigpolack will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to dpbigpolack
Default 08-29-2007, 03:29 PM

These are some things ive experimented with and worked best for me

diet:

4% beef - you can get it at the supermarket. cook it up and mybe get some low carb tortilla wraps and low fat dressing..mmm...and it tastes awesome

tuna - can get the bulk can for super cheap, high protien, low fat low carb, combine with some wheat bread and your go to go...

wheat bread - also good for preworkout carbs

turkey, skinless or deli chicken - high protien low fat, low carb

peanut butter - good for bedtime, good ats and slow digesting

cottage cheese - also good for bedtime or between meals, high protien, almost no fat...dont get fat free(too many sugar additives)

peanuts - good inbetween snack

eggs - awesome source of protien..try to deduct the yolk...say 6 whites 2-3 yolks ratio

h20 - lots of water, for your weight a gallon a day...STRONGLY suggest you take that much in..cold water will boost your metabolism more than you think which will extra assist you in losing weight

soda - NO NO, even the diet is bad if your trying to shred, stick to water, oj, and grapefruit juice

green tea - boost meta and anitoxidant-full, if you supplment with this you will feel it while your running(take 30-60 minutes before running/lifting)
read all labels and
slow down on carb intake after say 6 pm

Cardio:
mornings if you can is best, can burn more fat first thing in the morning on empty.never really did mornings but you can try lol
stay at high intensity intravals, 45-60 seconds intense, 3 minutes jog and repeat, shredded me better than normal cardio

get in at least 200 gms protien a day with around 100-120 carbs and 75-90 gms fat from good sources..try and stay away from saturated and TRANS IS A NO-NO...mono, and poly fats are good for you

if you stay on a good diet, there is no doubt in my mind you will be shredded...just stay motivated, think of the definite outcome and youll do it...cutting aint easy but oh boy is it worth it when you looks in the mirror a little ways down the road...trust me

Hope this can be of help
GOOD luck
(#16)
Old
dpbigpolack will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to dpbigpolack
Default 08-29-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loaf View Post
i've been reading alot about that lately, too, mac. there's been alot about HIIT lately it seems (or maybe a little bit that gets talked about alot; either way, i think it's great).

i just think that really high intensity work like HIIT should be limited to two or three times a week. could you imagine sprinting everyday? and doing legs somewhere in there? ouch.....
totally agreed...

though i always did 4-5 times per week of hiit and it worked awesome, though i had to switch from treadmill to olliptical because my knees were giving out...but if its not bothering your knees or whatnot than whynot 4-5 times
(#17)
Old

Default 08-29-2007, 03:43 PM

what is the actual name of the weight lifting device, that has pole with a string attach to it, that you put a weight on the end. than you wined it up with your hands
(#18)
Old

Default 08-29-2007, 03:50 PM

i been running up hills everyday for the past week. trying to do it in the morning but with my classes its hard to get it done than. actually am about to go out in little while. this hill a beast the wvu football team runs it in summer training.

just having trouble sticking to my diet because in the cafe they never have anything good. chicken always deep fried and breaded, never have wheat bread . some days they got everything you want others none.

Last edited by GETinSHapenow; 08-29-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: grammer
(#19)
Old

Default 08-29-2007, 03:52 PM

about to go hit the hill