IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page Kubitzky's Log: Unleashing My Inner Beast
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#21)
Old
Kubitzky is on a distinguished road

Default 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM

Today was legs... I felt great to start the workout but before I worked out I took some Sci-Fit BCAA Powder. It said a teaspoon and I think I took a table spoon. Half way through the workout I started feeling horribly nauseas.

The Workout.
Squats: 135x12, 185x12, 225x8, 225x8
Leg Ext: 80x50, 150x20, 150x20, 150x20
Superset
Calf Raises: 135x 30 seconds, 225x30 seconds, 225x30 seconds, 225x30seconds
Hamstring Curls: 35x12, 60x12, 70x12, 80x12
Superset
Calf Raises: Random exercises between sets.

I was going to do lunges and strait leg deads but I felt and still feel I'm going to vomit. I haven't been able to drink my postworkout shake or eat a postworkout meal yet. I'll be fine, I just need to lay here a minute. Well, can't wait til next workout!

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, It's About Learning To Dance In The Freakin Rain.
(#22)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM

That's how a leg day is supposed to be! Lol. When you throw up you know you pushed yourself to the limit. Only thing you can do is rinse your mouth out and get back to the next set. Can't even recall how many times this has happened to me. Lol

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#23)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
That's how a leg day is supposed to be! Lol. When you throw up you know you pushed yourself to the limit. Only thing you can do is rinse your mouth out and get back to the next set. Can't even recall how many times this has happened to me. Lol
Throw a real gains bucket in your gym back = puke pail. For real.

Puking has a lot to do with poor breathing...also has a lot to do with badass workouts. I dry heaved like a mother halfway through my back workout...guy taking a leak in the restroom musta been freaked out haha

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#24)
Old

Default 06-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Throw a real gains bucket in your gym back = puke pail. For real.

Puking has a lot to do with poor breathing...also has a lot to do with badass workouts. I dry heaved like a mother halfway through my back workout...guy taking a leak in the restroom musta been freaked out haha
Dude in restroom: This fool on some bath salts, gone eat me mudda fooin face.

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, It's About Learning To Dance In The Freakin Rain.
(#25)
Old
AX

Default 06-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Ouija doing his Exorcist impression. Lol.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#26)
Old

Default 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Ahh, started at bodyplex on sunday! Did chest and bis. Workout really isn't worth mentioning. Didn't get enough sleep the night before and my diet was crap saturday so my next workout I'm gonna make sure i'm on track...
Todays workout was back, did some tris and traps as well.. Ha, being in a new enviroment is so weird! I was scrambling all over the place, lol. Gotta get used to it. It's also kinda sucks because in High School I'm used to being the biggest, most ripped, and strongest person in the gym. But there are some HUGE MOFO's at the bodyplex in Beachwood Athens Georgia. I mean some HUGE MOFO's. Guess that is just the more motivation!

Workout- Back, Some tris, and some traps.lol
Bent Over Rows- 135x10, 155x10, 175x10
Wide Grip Pull Ups- B.W. x 8 for 3 sets. Pull Up bar is at a very weird angle, don't like!!
Dead Lifts- 135x10, 225x10, 315x6, 315x6. Ahh, no RUBBER WEIGHTS! Gotta use the freaking iron ones so no banging them!
Close Grip Pull Downs: 12, 10, 10, 8
Hyper Ext.: Ballx12 for 2 sets.
Tricep Pressdowns: 12, 8, 8
Cable Rows: 1 set of 8.
Rear Delt Flies: 30x10
DB Tricep EXT: 30x12, 55x12, 70x12
DB Shrugs: 65x12, 90x12
Some abs and 10 minute walk on 15 incline.

See, told you I was just all over the place. So much equipment Ive never seen before that I have to get used to! My next workout is going to be WAYYY more routine instead of soo scattered. I think I just wanted to try everything out today! Thursday I'll hit some shoulders and tris b/c I really didn't hit tris or traps very good at all today! Then either friday or saturday I'll hit up legs! Just depends on which day I'm feeling it.

Side Note: About to add some natty peanut butter and extra carbs to the diet. I'm trying to get back where I was earlier this year and I remember eating natty peanut butter with almost every meal and having 2 homeade gainer shakes a day! I was heavier, leaner, and stronger!

Last edited by Kubitzky; 06-18-2012 at 12:12 PM.
(#27)
Old

Default 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM

ahhh 6/20 shoulders.
Not the best workout by far! LOL
I told myself to take another rest day before hitting shoulders but I just didn't listen. I'm happy though, b/c I learned something new about my body. Even though my back workout didn't look completely aweseom from monday, I"M SOOOO FREAKING SORE! I loaded up on BCAA's, carbs, protein, and fats! lol and I'm still sore! I'm still stok3d from that workout that i'm not really concerned with my sub par shoulder workout today.

I tried a new approach to shrugs today after seing a guy at bodyplex repping 495! lol
but I like going lighter and really squeezing hard at the top. I loaded up with 315 and just didn't them quickly but didn't notice anything great from that. Will stick to the old way. This game is about learning what works for you and I'm still in the learning process being 18! Can't wait for my supps I ordered to get here. Gonna freakn destroy legs tomorrow! Loadn up on carbs today! already at 400 grams, lol! goin for 7-800! lol.

Gonna tear them up tomorrow! So freakn stoked. I also learned one more thing about my body. I DO NOT respond well to 1/3 dimethyl whatever it's called! It makes me feel fatigued and tired, also with a horrible crash! So that is a plus, i can save money on pre-workouts now. I was excited when my hemavol and maximize intense arrived a few weeks ago but didn't really get much out of it. thats okay, i'm still learning what does and doesn't work well for my body. Pretty soon I'm gonna order some Yohimbe HCL by primaforce to see how that goes for me.

I'm planning on hopping on stage next summer. This fall-febuary I'm going to do a full out bulk and try to get to 215, then drop slowly to 200-205 for my first ever competition. I'm studying super hard what does/doesn't work so I'll beable to better prepare myself for the good stuff. This is the start of my journey to the top!

(#28)
Old
AX

Default 06-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Get it Kub!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#29)
Old

Default 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Whats up fellows? After 4 days of rest I've decided to hit the gym up again. I don't really think I was "overtrained." I think it was along the lines of stressing out, to little sleep, and vitamin D deficeincy. After 4 days of being out in the sun, relaxing, being stress free, and getting amples of rest and calories I feel great. Today my motivation for killing the weight came back. Also, next friday I'm leaving for the beach for a whole week so I'll continue my week off then and take that entire week off. (8 days.) I'll probably do some pushups and cable curls just to look really pumped on the beach, lol! Anyways, I hit up back today and killed it! Tried something new in there also!

Wide Grip Pull Ups
Bodyweightx 12, 25x10, bodyweightx8 for 2 sets.
Close Pull Downs: 12, 12, 12, 10
Supinated Bent Rows: 135x12, 155x12, 185x8, 135x12
Seated Rows: 12,12,12
Rack Pulls? (New to these.) Actually got a really good pump in the spinal erectors, I feel like I can deadlift more which is confusing but I'm hitting those on leg day!: 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 395x5
Hyper Ext: bodyweightx15, 45x15 for 3 sets

Finished off with some HIIT and some abs.
Never felt better to be back where I belong!

(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-26-2012, 02:32 PM

In reading your first post I will say that when you where talking about shrugs. 90 % of people in a gym go way to heavy and do shrugs wrong. That quick way is wrong. When you slow them down and squeeze that is right. You can try to quickly do them after they are fatigued and you are at that last part where you are trying to squeeze more reps out and incorporated extra muscle fiber to finish reps.

Glad you decided to go a little lighter and do them right.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#31)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
In reading your first post I will say that when you where talking about shrugs. 90 % of people in a gym go way to heavy and do shrugs wrong. That quick way is wrong. When you slow them down and squeeze that is right. You can try to quickly do them after they are fatigued and you are at that last part where you are trying to squeeze more reps out and incorporated extra muscle fiber to finish reps.

I agree! I talked a power lifter one time into going way lighter and do about 20 reps squeezing at the top. He was sore for days!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#32)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 06-27-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I agree! I talked a power lifter one time into going way lighter and do about 20 reps squeezing at the top. He was sore for days!
X2

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#33)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM

I prefer dumbell shrugs. I do them maybe 2x a month...don't think I need to do more haha. But ya, def slow and FULL ROM. I also pull my shoulders to the back of my head rather than toward my ears. Generally, as heavy as I can possibly go for 12 reps. I wear wraps too, helps keep you focused on the task at hand instead of holding on in fear of crushing your toes haha

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#34)
Old

Default 07-14-2012, 03:19 PM

ahhh, so nice to be back from vacation!

Just got back around 11:30 a.m. today from Daytona Florida. It was about an 8 hour drive. Missed posting here! That week off from training really helped me I think. I went ahead and worked out today, probably not smart after only eating about 2 oz. of almonds all day and sitting in a car. None the less, it was a decent workout considering. I can't wait to carb up tonight and be ready for back and traps tomorrow!

Chest
Flat BB:
205x5, 225x5, 235x5. I beat the last chest workout by 1 rep.... It took a while for my joints to warm up and I got exhausted quickly.
Incline BB: 135x10, 155x10, 175x5 ( Down 3 reps from previous chest day.)
DB Bench: 35x12, 50x12, 60x12

It wasn't horrible but I think if I would waited until tomorrow when I had sufficient calories I woulda been much better!

Oh yeah, this is also my "mini-log" for Pre-Surge Unleashed.

The energy and taste is great! But my endurance was lacking due to negative calories today and all week...

(#35)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 07-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Welcome back and doesn't that PreSurge mix and taste good! I'm only on day 2 with 1 scoop but think I'll 2-scoop it tomorrow!

Good work and yeah too few calories can sure make a dent in stamina!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#36)
Old

Default 07-17-2012, 11:31 AM

sorry i haven't posted in a while... here is my workouts so far this week.
Sunday- Back
Wide Grip Pull Ups- 12,12,8
Close Grip Pull Downs- 25, 15, 10
Strait Arm Pull Downs- 8, 8
Seated Rows- 12, 12, 12
Deads- 15, 8, 4

Monday- Shoulders
Military Press- 10, 6, 5
Lateral Raises- 12, 12

Tuesday- Legs
Squats- 10, 10, 10, 10
Leg EXT./ Ham Curls- 12, 12, 12

Pre Surge Unleashed thoughts so far....
I really don't think I'm giving it a fair shot, I think my calories have been to low. I thought coming back from a 7 day vacation would boost my performance in the gym but I'm still feeling crappy. I don't know if my testosterone is low or what. I feel like I'll never be where i was at b/c I'm just not working out as hard as I used to. The passion is still there but I just don't feel like I used to. I'll never stop working out but I'm not making progress. Idk what is going on. Maybe I'm having hormonal issues or something. If someone is touched up on the endocrine system please shoot me a PM.

For Pre-Surge- Taste is AMAZING! energy isn't there but I think it may be b/c of lack of calories. Pump is pretty good though! Will finish it up with arms tomorrow and post my full review. Keep in mind that i don't think I gave it a fair chance though.

(#37)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 07-17-2012, 12:24 PM

It's okay just keep up what your doing.

(#38)
Old

Default 07-17-2012, 12:37 PM

^Thats the thing Mr. MadMac, it's not okay to me. This is my passion. I've spent so much time doing this, not going on vacations with the family to workout, not going out to eat w/ friends to keep my nutrition sound, not going to parties to get my 8 hours in at night. It's like investing so much time and money into a girlfriend and her not giving anything back. I've put so much work, time, sweat, and hours into this and it's not giving me back what it used to. I'll never give up but I just feel like something could be wrong. Like I'm never as mad as I used to be, it takes a while to get it up (if you know what i mean.) I can't eat as much as i used to w/o getting full. I'm not progressively moving the scale or weights on the bar. Idk, maybe a total change in routine will help. Powerlifting for a month or 2. Idk. Just wish it was how it used to be.

(#39)
Old

Default 07-20-2012, 11:58 AM

2 Words.
Kubitzky is back. Wait, thats 3?

Anyways guys, I took a day off and really counted my calories and it seems since being home from vacation I wasn't eatin enough.

I went to the gym with full force today, putting up some old numbers! Total different type of routine as well that realy fueled and pumped me up. Also, be sure to check out my Pre-Surge Unleashed Review I'm gonna post in a few.

Todays workout.
Chest and Shoulders.... Never have done this before. It was awesome!
Flat DB Bench: 35x15, 50x15, 60x12, 85x10, 100x8 (this is closest I've came to being where I was guys, I'm soo freakn happy n pumped right now!)

Incline DB Bench Super-Set with DB Lateral Raises (Boy did this deliver a PUMP, especially listening to Adele: Set fire to the rain!) 35x12/20x15, 50x12/30x10, 50x12/30x9

Seated DB Press superset with Flat DB Flies: 35x10/20x20, 50x10/20x15, 60x10/35x10

Upright Rows Superset with BB Shrugs / 10 second pause at top!: 95x12/135x10, 115x9/ 185x8, 135x5/135x8. (Traps are SHOT OUT Right now, lol!)

So freakn stok3d guys. I'm back n the game, almost where I used to be. Can't wait to hit up some back and rear delts. Lovn the supersets for pumps!

(#40)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM

Good that your back. Sometimes you have to take a step back to be able to step forward. "no what I mean"