IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Personal Training Blogs
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#41)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
one thing thats been bothering me about other personal trainers is the amount of time they waste while charging 45pounds an hour. for instance why do they have their clients do cardio while there on the clock. there not actually doin anything except watching them run or bike or whatever for 20minutes and the workout they get for the next 40 minutes isnt as good as it could be. i tell my clients to do cardio before or after our session its 20minutes we could spend being more productive.
My opinion on this is that some clients need to know how to do cardio. This is still a part of their training. Something as simple as running form can be addressed in this situation. Also, telling a client to do interval or repetition work means about as much to them as telling them how to find their 10-rep Max. Certain things have to be trained. I feel it's a trainer's responsibility to train every area.

Then you have trainers who toss their client on a treadmill just for the sake of doing it, killing time and doing nothing for the client. These same trainers will typically bounce their client around the gym with no clear program design, and most of the time spending no time teaching or correcting the client in any way. Those trainers piss me off. Most of them find success simply because they're sales sharks.

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#42)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
1) i put in my notice to stop personal training. no one has any money to do it
I know your pain, m'man. I thought I was done with training last year, but I gave it another shot this year, now on my own. In-home training with a focus on group fitness (that way I maintain a low price point while aiming for quantity), and it started off pretty good, but it's already wearing thin.

I often wonder why I ever bothered getting certified. I feel like I've wasted 6 years of my life.

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#43)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM

the second half of this post is what the pt do at my gym.its a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loaf View Post
My opinion on this is that some clients need to know how to do cardio. This is still a part of their training. Something as simple as running form can be addressed in this situation. Also, telling a client to do interval or repetition work means about as much to them as telling them how to find their 10-rep Max. Certain things have to be trained. I feel it's a trainer's responsibility to train every area.

Then you have trainers who toss their client on a treadmill just for the sake of doing it, killing time and doing nothing for the client. These same trainers will typically bounce their client around the gym with no clear program design, and most of the time spending no time teaching or correcting the client in any way. Those trainers piss me off. Most of them find success simply because they're sales sharks.

AX STRENGTH MUSCLE BOOK TRAINING.
SUPPS-AX Supersize, AX Ultra Reps, carnobolic.
http://www.athleticx.net/
(#44)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-06-2012, 03:39 PM

the group thing seems the way to go. when i have some time to get some stuff together im gona look into this more.

(#45)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM

today teaching tribal circuits was a bit funny/embarassing. theres a new excercise where you hop over a punching bag grab a step riser and hop back over and squat to set in down and repeat until time is up. i was demonstarting it and didnt jump high enough hit my toes and hit the floorl ike a brick. looked up and the 5 people were all laughing. it was funny.

(#46)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-17-2012, 07:29 AM

ive taken all my stuff off the walls at the gym and just been teaching tribal circuits and in the last 2 days ive had 6 people come up to me and ask about bein there trainer.one a gal from circuits who wants to go the fitness comp route.looks like i might comeůut my short retirement.lol

(#47)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
today teaching tribal circuits was a bit funny/embarassing. theres a new excercise where you hop over a punching bag grab a step riser and hop back over and squat to set in down and repeat until time is up. i was demonstarting it and didnt jump high enough hit my toes and hit the floorl ike a brick. looked up and the 5 people were all laughing. it was funny.
Doh!!! Lol! Best thing to do if not in too much pain is laugh yourself! Never heard of tribal circuit. Ill have to look it up.

Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#48)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM

its a name the gym owner came up with.its just basic circuit training.

(#49)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
its a name the gym owner came up with.its just basic circuit training.
Oh okay! Get back to work....you're out of retirement sir!

Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#50)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM

i did my first circuit training today,its alot haarder then it looked.

(#51)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-19-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
i did my first circuit training today,its alot haarder then it looked.
Yeah no doubt! Really people that circuit train are in better shape than us lifters are.

Find me on:

(#52)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM

id definitly agree.but i think im gona try and do it a couple times a week.

(#53)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 05-17-2012, 03:31 PM

had 3 circuit traning classes tonight,we started a buddy system and it seems to be doing pretty good snce they have to compete against each other. one of the girls had a wardrobe malfunction.

(#54)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
had 3 circuit traning classes tonight,we started a buddy system and it seems to be doing pretty good snce they have to compete against each other. one of the girls had a wardrobe malfunction.
Doh! Lol!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vx2y1a

Find me on:

(#55)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 05-19-2012, 02:38 PM

yeppers.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Doh! Lol!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vx2y1a