IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page My Goal to 250
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#461)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 04-09-2012, 10:29 PM

Sorry to hear about the back Mac! (Kind of rhymed, Lol.)
I feel you on not wanting to slow down, every time I get an injury I never want to stop in the gym. Hope it starts feeling better soon. By the way, the workout looks good for being injured!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#462)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM

Everything still working okay just don't want it to get worse and slow me down . I know something is not right because when I sit for longer than 10 minutes my left foot goes numb and same when I walk

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v1rhls

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#463)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM

It's more than likely just inflammation. I know I sound like a broken record LOL!

Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#464)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Let's hope so....

(#465)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-11-2012, 09:50 AM

I go back to the chiropractor today yesterday was just consultation and xray.,

Let me say this. This has not hindered my training one bit. the only thing I'm having trouble doing is mowing the lawn and standing for a long period and my feet going numb when sitting. Most likely this is a pinched nerve or something simple.

I am in no way injured to where I can't train hard. I just am not doing Deadlifts or lower back exercises that aggravate it.

(#466)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 04-11-2012, 11:16 PM

I haven't been deadlifting either. I do back extensions and rows incorporating the low back but I'm waiting a bit longer. Glad you are listening to your body too. Keep hammering away what you can!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)
Find me on:

(#467)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-12-2012, 08:09 AM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334236042.236540.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334236086.758003.jpgSome recent pics . Not loosing like crazy but definitely loosing about 1.4 pounds a week which is safer in the long run.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?heut2k

(#468)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 04-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Great job Mac! Looking slimmer. Keep up the good work.
(#469)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM

That's great that there's no real injury.

Good luck Mac! I'm rooting for you.

Do work!
(#470)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 04-14-2012, 09:24 AM

So is Justin not hitting the gym with you anymore?

OFWGKTA
(#471)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
So is Justin not hitting the gym with you anymore?

Oh yeah every day. I just did not post what we did last week. He is in with me every day. Getting bigger too.

(#472)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM

Keep up the hard work Mac!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#473)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-16-2012, 03:36 PM

I'm trying too. I left the chiropractor today about to go into the gym and started feeling nauseated. ended up throwing up before I even went into the gym. Needless to say Justin saw me and we did not work out I went home and went back to bed. I just woke up. just a little while ago.

(#474)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-20-2012, 09:55 AM

Just to let everyone know. I have taken the week off to kinda reboot. I got sick at the first of the week somehow. Better now. Just took the week off from lifting. It was a hard 12 weeks. A total of 18 pounds lost in that 12 weeks. Starting back hard on Monday. Cardio again 3 times a day plus weights. This will go on for another 12 weeks then another break.

(#475)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Just to let everyone know. I have taken the week off to kinda reboot. I got sick at the first of the week somehow. Better now. Just took the week off from lifting. It was a hard 12 weeks. A total of 18 pounds lost in that 12 weeks. Starting back hard on Monday. Cardio again 3 times a day plus weights. This will go on for another 12 weeks then another break.
Hope you feel better Mac! Get some rest!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hneukv
Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Find me on:

(#476)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Oh I feel find now. just Resting up. I have to realize I can't go as hard as I used to and I'm working out with a 22 year old. Even though I'm still lifting heavier than he is the toll it takes on me is what builds up. He can recover twice as fast as me. I have to really bust his ass to get him sore.

(#477)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-20-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Oh I feel find now. just Resting up. I have to realize I can't go as hard as I used to and I'm working out with a 22 year old. Even though I'm still lifting heavier than he is the toll it takes on me is what builds up. He can recover twice as fast as me. I have to really bust his ass to get him sore.
Your are correct sir! One thing some people don't realize is the fact that we don't produce test like we used to. And even with HRT/TRT...you still don't produce GH like we used to either. So...unless you are supplementing both...recovery takes longer.

Find me on:

(#478)
Old
omerfo is on a distinguished road

Default 04-21-2012, 03:09 AM

really nice man
Monday 4-23-12
(#479)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Monday 4-23-12 - 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Back at it today from taking a week off.

This time around I'm really just maintaining and doing alot of volume basically doing justins weight but twice the number of reps.

Bench Press
  1. 145x25
  2. 185x20
  3. 185x20
  4. 165x15
  5. 145x25

Incline DB Press
  1. 30x30
  2. 50x20
  3. 50x20
  4. 60x20
  5. 60x20 pump set partial reps
  6. 60x20 pump set partial reps
  7. 60x20 pump set partial reps
  8. 60x20 pump set partial reps

Machine Press
  1. 85x20
  2. 85x20
  3. 85x20
  4. 85x20

Cable Cross overs
  1. 40x20
  2. 50x20
  3. 50x10
  4. 50x10

Pec Dec Flys
  1. 50x60 trying to reach 100 reps for one set

Tuesday Legs April 24th
(#480)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default Tuesday Legs April 24th - 04-24-2012, 12:23 PM

Legs today the volume was insane.

PowerTec squat
  1. no weight just the bar 30 reps
  2. 145x20
  3. 225x20
  4. 315x20
  5. 315x20

Leg Press
  1. 6 plates x30
  2. 6 plates x 30
  3. 6 plates x 30