IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Cook's Corner (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal, yup (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=15507)

c0yled0tc0m 09-22-2013 08:28 AM

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal, yup

So in looking at this small forum, it made me think that it should come back to life. So my breakfast this morning was an experiment gone well and thought I'd toss it up, really simple and tastes good IMO. the subject says it all.

Ingredients:
whole grain rolled oats
Skippy all natural peanut butter
1/2 banana
1 scoop of protein powder
( I used ON Banana creme, would suggest vanilla otherwise)

Cook oats as directed with your 1/2 banana sliced up and added about 2 minutes after your oats start to boil. With a little bit of water left in the oats pan, add your protein powder and stir together. When finished, put it in your bowl with 2 tbs. Of the Skippy peanut butter and mix again, then enjoy.

With how I prepared it, this bowl of oatmeal has 38g of protein and tastes great! Hope you Guys like it.

RickB 09-22-2013 11:44 AM

Nice! I love that combo myself but don't always put protein in it.

cra_training_zy 09-22-2013 06:24 PM

I did all kinds of crazy variations back when I ate carbs daily. You can really go to town with oatmeal (or porridge if you're British like me).

A favourite of mine was Cinnamon Apple. I also liked Toffee Peanut Butter; and a mince pie special I used to do at Christmas time. I've even had it with a generous slug of rum. Very nice that one.

brad1224 09-24-2013 03:13 PM

great! going to give this a go

c0yled0tc0m 09-25-2013 09:43 AM

Did you guys try it? Or like it? I feel the recipe is versatile because it will work with most flavors of protien...I'm not a huge chocolate fan but I could imagine it would be good with chocolate too.

Ontime 09-25-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m (Post 159286)
So in looking at this small forum, it made me think that it should come back to life. So my breakfast this morning was an experiment gone well and thought I'd toss it up, really simple and tastes good IMO. the subject says it all.

Ingredients:
whole grain rolled oats
Skippy all natural peanut butter
1/2 banana
1 scoop of protein powder
( I used ON Banana creme, would suggest vanilla otherwise)

Cook oats as directed with your 1/2 banana sliced up and added about 2 minutes after your oats start to boil. With a little bit of water left in the oats pan, add your protein powder and stir together. When finished, put it in your bowl with 2 tbs. Of the Skippy peanut butter and mix again, then enjoy.

With how I prepared it, this bowl of oatmeal has 38g of protein and tastes great! Hope you Guys like it.

I'm going to give this a go, as a 'non morning person' i have not the time nor patience to make anything intricate.

jasonorland88 09-30-2013 10:18 AM

i tried recipe from site and it tastes really good. for extra flavor i added use peach and strawberry yogurt, but not a whole lot. and if you're not fond on cinnamon just use 1 tsp

JohnBeef 10-07-2013 11:03 PM

Sounds yummy! *adds to recipe book*

emekajokammor 10-08-2013 11:29 AM

Nice!

bb12 10-13-2013 09:43 AM

I may have to give this a try..

PAPAW 10-14-2013 10:28 PM

Sounds good, I don't cook mine on the stove, 1.5 minutes in the microwave will cook the oats well, so I mix my peanut butter, whey, and sometimes honey work really well. In the mornings I mix my whey protein in milk and pour it over my oatmeal and eat it raw. You don't cook any of the nutrients that way. Sometimes I just use milk and honey. I know the honey is a source of sugar, but it's good. The honey is semi local so it's better for ya.

c0yled0tc0m 10-15-2013 05:39 AM

Ive been debating the cooked versus raw theory lately. Funny you should bring it up.

PAPAW 10-15-2013 09:17 AM

I like the raw better. Try it raw with whey drink poured over it. Yummy.