IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Q & A with RCSS Supplements with V.I.P. Athlete - Emeka Okammor (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   You've GOT Questions (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=15131)

emekajokammor 05-21-2012 02:19 PM

You've GOT Questions

Well IPYU fam, i've got answers!!:[][]:

Hop in the discussion with Athletic Xtreme's newly sponsored athlete Emeka Okammor aka "The Menace" aka "Mr. Lehhh Go!!!"

Join me in the new Q & A section...

LEHHH GO!!!

RoaringMad Mac 05-21-2012 02:23 PM

Good deal.

ShawnD 05-21-2012 02:25 PM

Cool! What happened to that Ryan oharris Guy? Haha there were no threads in his section

emekajokammor 05-21-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnD (Post 148868)
Cool! What happened to that Ryan oharris Guy? Haha there were no threads in his section

Idk, cool dude. I met him at Europa, dropped some serious knowledge on me in our 20 min convo

PAPAW 05-21-2012 08:37 PM

I have been working really hard lately and still am having a little trouble with the abs. I know there's no silver bullet, is there anything else I can do. I've been doing cardio, situps, leg up's and watching my diet really close. I have not been drinking a gallon of water every day, but have been drinking two 26 oz glasses of water, NO sugar, and watching sodium like a hawk. I try not to eat or drink ANYTHING with sodium, but sometimes it's hard not to. It's funny now I can tell if something has sodium in it as soon as it hits my mouth. It's almost funny.

RickB 05-22-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 148866)
Well IPYU fam, i've got answers!!:[][]:

Hop in the discussion with Athletic Xtreme's newly sponsored athlete Emeka Okammor aka "The Menace" aka "Mr. Lehhh Go!!!"

Join me in the new Q & A section...

LEHHH GO!!!

Good stuff Emeka! Glad to have this section!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPAW (Post 148877)
I have been working really hard lately and still am having a little trouble with the abs. I know there's no silver bullet, is there anything else I can do. I've been doing cardio, situps, leg up's and watching my diet really close. I have not been drinking a gallon of water every day, but have been drinking two 26 oz glasses of water, NO sugar, and watching sodium like a hawk. I try not to eat or drink ANYTHING with sodium, but sometimes it's hard not to. It's funny now I can tell if something has sodium in it as soon as it hits my mouth. It's almost funny.

Papaw, I don't care what anyone says...you cannot spot reduce. You just need to tighten the screws on the diet and keep up the cardio. Again...sodium is not a deterrent for fat loss...it only makes you hold extra fluids temporarily. You can have sodium until probably a few weeks out from an actual comp and that's just so you look "drier and tighter".

Are you keeping track of your macros? <---this is the BIG question!

emekajokammor 05-22-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 148882)

Papaw, I don't care what anyone says...you cannot spot reduce. You just need to tighten the screws on the diet and keep up the cardio. Again...sodium is not a deterrent for fat loss...it only makes you hold extra fluids temporarily. You can have sodium until probably a few weeks out from an actual comp and that's just so you look "drier and tighter".

True, true, and more truth.

Abs are usually the last thing to come in during a proper diet and exercise regiment. Be consistant and percise in your approach Paw.

Genenically, most people retain more fat cells in their midsection than in other areas. Thus, making it one of the hardest and the last places you'll see fat reduction. And on the other hand, it is one of the first places you'll see an accumulation of fat post diet.

No need to worry about sodium restricting you from seeing abs. Sodium is often an over thought element of dieting. Keep you sodium with in a healthy range of 1500mg - 2400mg and it will serve as beneficial for your health.

And the big whammy is MACROS. Most people i talk to have their goals but are struggling to meet them because they don't know HOW MUCH they are consuming. One of the first questions i ask someone when they tell me that that are having trouble meeting their goal is "What are your macros?" I never get solid response.

Every serious dieter needs to know these numbers:

Daily Protein intake:
Daily Carb intake:
Daily Fat intake:

Protein = 4 calories per gram
Carbs = 4 calories per gram
Fats = 9 calories per gram

bb12 05-22-2012 11:00 AM

Skinny legs but have tons of power.

How do I take these twigs and make them trunks?

emekajokammor 05-22-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb12 (Post 148892)

Haha! I've seen the PR's in your log. Niice!!:[][]:

I believe a major factor in stimulating leg growth is to train within the proper rep range. It's cool to pyramid your weight and reps but the truth of the matter, at least for me, was when i swiched over to 15+ reps on every leg exercise and occasionally shooting for a heavy 6-10 reps i begin to notice growth as well as separation in my legs.

During my college football career i was the second strongest on the team for years but my body, legs in particular didn't reflect 600lbs deep back squat, 455lbs front squat, etc. And that was because we trained using that pyramid style which, IMO, is meant for developing strength not size.

But when i started studying bbing and talking with some of the vets, i came to the conclusion that my legs respond better to stretching that fascia out to the max. And how do you do that? Volume.

Try adding some of these techniques into your leg routine:

Preexhaust with 3 or 4 sets of 20 slow ans squeeze reps on leg ext.
90% Leg press for 3 or 4 sets of 15-20 reps, then go into 3 or 4 sets of 70% squats
100 rep leg press for 2 sets
Giant sets - Leg press, leg ext, lying leg curls, lunges

Most importantly, push pass the threshold of pain. Volume brings it's own unique feeling of pain. Push pass it!

Hope this helps :[][]:

alegator 05-22-2012 08:43 PM

Emeka - just want to say that I appreciate the many comments you have made on this thread and some others. Have learned a lot from reading your posts. Thanks

emekajokammor 05-22-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alegator (Post 148911)
Emeka - just want to say that I appreciate the many comments you have made on this thread and some others. Have learned a lot from reading your posts. Thanks

Thanks Alegator! I enjoy doing what I can to help people reach their goals. :[][]:

If you ever have a question don't hesitate to post it or PM me.

PAPAW 05-23-2012 12:05 PM

busy, busy, busy

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 148882)

I have noticed that "no" sodium in a diet is almost impossible, but I try and keep it down. I need more almonds, etc. for the good fats.
I'm holding quite a bit of water around the waist. I was told this week that what I got right now looks good, I just want the abs to show better. They are faint, + I have the extra skin thing going on (that's what happens when you let yourself go and get fat). I'm told the creams (hemeroid) will help there. I'm workin hard on the diet and the workouts as well as the posing, I also have been having to take time out to prepare for my yearly renewal of my firearms qualification. They have ratcheted down on it and it's been ugly. They have lost over 20 guards (total) in the last two firearm qualifications. so I'm spending more time with that. I have my days of certianty and days that I just want to chunk it all in and rest. Your a great friend and very helpful and I appreciate everything you have done and continue to do. Just be careful on that motorcycle. :[][]:

recarp82 05-23-2012 12:47 PM

same here,thats why im done with low reps.im switching to higher reps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb12 (Post 148892)

emekajokammor 05-25-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recarp82 (Post 148935)
same here,thats why im done with low reps.im switching to higher reps.

when did you make the swtich Carpness?

recarp82 05-28-2012 08:24 AM

i switched last week.im goin to higher ones this week 15-25.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emekajokammor (Post 148993)
when did you make the swtich Carpness?

Solidzd 05-29-2012 08:18 AM

With my leg routine, I have a combination where I hit a 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, then I go back up and finish with 2 sets of 50 on my squats anyway. Lunges, leg extensions, and leg press are all 4 x 10-12's.

emekajokammor 05-30-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidzd (Post 149075)
With my leg routine, I have a combination where I hit a 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, then I go back up and finish with 2 sets of 50 on my squats anyway. Lunges, leg extensions, and leg press are all 4 x 10-12's.

Crushing it. Thats a bbing routine. You leaving the physique division?

emekajokammor 06-01-2012 07:44 AM

Ready to give answers on anything. Training, supps, diet, contest, etc :cool:

DevilDog324 06-02-2012 02:47 PM

Alright Mek, I had to rush around for work plus get in my post workout meal. I stuffed myself so full that I ended up throwing up after I tried to swallow a vitamin. I've heard somewhere that when you eat a piece of food you immediately digest 60% of the nutritional value. Any truth to that?

emekajokammor 06-02-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog324 (Post 149197)
Alright Mek, I had to rush around for work plus get in my post workout meal. I stuffed myself so full that I ended up throwing up after I tried to swallow a vitamin. I've heard somewhere that when you eat a piece of food you immediately digest 60% of the nutritional value. Any truth to that?

Haha, that sucks. Well first off next time it won't hurt to start getting you post workout meal in while you are still working out towards the end of your workout.

Now, digestion is usually dependent of the individual. Most digestion takes place between 24 and 72 hours.

Here's the digestion process, from your plate to the bowl:

1. You eat :readytoeat:
2. The food takes about 6 - 8 hours to pass through your stomach and small intestines.
3. The food reaches your large intestines for further digestion and absorption of water.
4. The "elimination" process begins 24 hours after being processed by the large intestines
5. Complete elimination takes a few days.

So, i'm no expert but 60% of the nutritional value being digested immediately is a Myth IMO.