IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness

IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//index.php)
-   Post Your Pictures (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Help!!! Need advice on lower chest! (http://forum.illpumpyouup.com//showthread.php?t=15097)

GunnarW 04-18-2012 09:02 PM

Help!!! Need advice on lower chest!

1 Attachment(s)
I've been struggling with the definition of my chest, specifically lower chest, for a long time now and im just not sure what to do anymore. The bottom part of my chest has formed into a big semi-circle and i do not know how to get it to a straight line. Its been a problem for awhile now and i don't know how to fix it. It is like another muscle has formed at the bottom of my pecs and i don't know whether it is a part of my pecs or a part of my abs or what is going on at all. There are some pictures showing what im taking about. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out in any way. Thank you.

PAPAW 04-18-2012 09:17 PM

Just from looking at the picture IMO it looks like decline barbell bench would benifit you. Just my humble opinion.

DevilDog324 04-18-2012 09:28 PM

The best way to hit the lower pec is by doing dips on a parallel bar. Pull your shoulders back and then lower yourself down making sure to stretch out the pec. Push up with your chest, also try to push your hands inward towards your body. It's a great method to increase the tension on your chest, same with doing bench press or incline press, try to push your hands in towards each other while pressing the bar. You can hit the lower chest by doing decline bench press, or decline db press/fly. Developing your upper chest will also help form up the lower. The most important thing though is diet. I cannot emphasize that enough, diet, diet, diet.

CandyGirl 04-18-2012 09:29 PM

I would agree with decline presses as that works the top part of chest to me it looks like you need to build the lower pec up. I would do diamond cutters and cable pull ups. I love these two exercises. They have formed the bottom part of my chest. Diamond cutters make sure your declined some and push at an angle not straight up. Good luck.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?12ltcf
CG!!

RickB 04-19-2012 08:53 AM

Well said DD!

Here's a decent vid on some ideas (I don't like the chest bouncing on bench though ;) )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laWDaVDFVwQ[/ame]

DevilDog324 04-19-2012 09:53 AM

I never though of doing decline flys on a flat bench! Lol. Will have to try that next chest workout!

RickB 04-19-2012 09:57 AM

Back when I was doing DB flys, I liked doing the inward pinky twist at the top of the movement. IMO, it puts a good squeeze on the pecs...where gravity isn't really on your side for helping at the top.

TimM 04-19-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunnarW (Post 147953)
I've been struggling with the definition of my chest, specifically lower chest, for a long time now and im just not sure what to do anymore. The bottom part of my chest has formed into a big semi-circle and i do not know how to get it to a straight line. Its been a problem for awhile now and i don't know how to fix it. It is like another muscle has formed at the bottom of my pecs and i don't know whether it is a part of my pecs or a part of my abs or what is going on at all. There are some pictures showing what im taking about. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out in any way. Thank you.

Gunnar,
I think it is genetics. Some guys have no problem with lower chest development and some have a hard time with it. I have seen lots of bodybuilding shows and have seen that as a problem. I have had a hard time getting my lower pecs to grow in the past. Dips, heavy partials dips, and the Hammer Decline Press works for me. You know what else works??
Is always keeping your hands low when you do pressing movements.

Train hard and get a good stretch as well!!

RoaringMad Mac 04-19-2012 10:06 AM

Tim makes a good point here. Alot of chest development is genetics but you can break through that plateau with proper training. I've never really been big on Decline presses but parallel dips have always been a good movements to get the lower chest to respond. Believe it or not Proper form on Bench press can help develop the lower chest in the proper way as well. Also like Rick stated. Doing the inner pinky twist while doing flys ( and you don't necessarily have to do decline flys) just doing flys with the inner pinky twist really flares that inner chest out.

TimM 04-19-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 147990)
Tim makes a good point here. Alot of chest development is genetics but you can break through that plateau with proper training. I've never really been big on Decline presses but parallel dips have always been a good movements to get the lower chest to respond. Believe it or not Proper form on Bench press can help develop the lower chest in the proper way as well. Also like Rick stated. Doing the inner pinky twist while doing flys ( and you don't necessarily have to do decline flys) just doing flys with the inner pinky twist really flares that inner chest out.

Mac,
I really can't stand decline barbell. I used to love them but over the past few years every time I try them they suck!! HA

TimM 04-19-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac (Post 147990)

Mac,
I really can't stand decline barbell. I used to love them but over the past few years every time I try them they suck!! HA